Sunderland tickets (7 Viewers)

chiefdave

Again proving this windows are too tight and 24hrs is pointless.

Boddy told fans they would have short windows between each point of sale.

We wouldn't have sold 3k with this system in place.
How short do you want them to be? Any less than 24 hours and people would be kicking off that they were at work or whatever and wouldn't get a change to buy them.

SheafIsGod

700 sold according to club
Proving what I thought (and commented on this thread) as soon as the ticket details were released.

It’s looking increasingly likely that there will still be tickets available come Friday, at which point a first-time ST holder with no prior points will have the same priority as someone on 990 points. Makes zero sense and defies the purpose of this points scheme.

I find it difficult to fathom just how stupid some of the decision making at the club has been when it comes to ticket sales over the last few years.

EVERY game should have the following priority windows:

1200+ points
1000+ points
800+ points
600+ points
400+ points
200+ points
General Sale

When the points system was announced I just assumed this is what the club would do. But no, they’ve managed to completely fuck up even the most straightforward of tasks.

SheafIsGod

Because we should stand up for our ourselves. Other clubs (Sheffield Wednesday and Portsmouth) wouldn't stand for it. They shouldn't be able to arbitrarily and consistently contravene league rules without reproach because weak clubs like ours just take it on the chin every time.

But but the money - it isn't that much really. Difference between 4k and 1.5K (why do City fans talk of 6K allocations at the Ricoh, nobody has ever had that, certainly not now with the maximum cap set at 4K), when you take into account concessions, take off VAT and then factor in the much reduced policing bill, it isn't much of a sacrifice at all to preserve some self-respect.
Didn’t West Brom bring 6k one year? I think they requested 9k iirc

tskezz

Proving what I thought (and commented on this thread) as soon as the ticket details were released.

It’s looking increasingly likely that there will still be tickets available come Friday, at which point a first-time ST holder with no prior points will have the same priority as someone on 990 points. Makes zero sense and defies the purpose of this points scheme.

I find it difficult to fathom just how stupid some of the decision making at the club has been when it comes to ticket sales over the last few years.

1200+ points
1000+ points
800+ points
600+ points
400+ points
200+ points
General Sale

When the points system was announced I just assumed this is what the club would do. But no, they’ve managed to completely fuck up even the most straightforward of tasks.
This honestly seems the fairest way. Regardless of allocation size.

pusbccfc

1200+ points
1000+ points
800+ points
600+ points
400+ points
200+ points
General Sale

Surely you're not expecting a day between each window though? Otherwise it wouldn't make general sale until the Wednesday before a game. Even then, it's one per ticket and no one will be able to get a ticket with family/mates.

pusbccfc

I have no idea of the logic to this point. How are we going to sell any less under this system than the old? It's 3 days difference between general (ST holder) sale and the first batch. People are going to stop going to away games because they have to wait 3 days?!

Possibly, yeah. Plus, one per ticket in different windows will stop big groups going.

I know loads who did Blackburn for example because it was easy to get tickets. There's no way they'll go Sunderland if they can't get a ticket until Monday.

tskezz

Suspect tomorrow will be a couple hundred then come 10am Friday morning (or what ever time TM actually list them) they'll fly out .

SBT

1200+ points
1000+ points
800+ points
600+ points
400+ points
200+ points
General Sale

Makes sense in principle, but means the ticket office is going to have to start selling General Sale tickets very close to match day if they don’t confirm allocations etc in good time.

pusbccfc

Surely this proves the system is pointless besides the rare game against Bournemouth or a local match at a half-closed St Andrews?

chiefdave

Surely this proves the system is pointless besides the rare game against Bournemouth or a local match at a half-closed St Andrews?
Isn't that why the systems been bought in? If for the next away game we've got 10,000 tickets they aren't going to have the same points requirements, it will drop to basically whatever number covers anyone who has a season ticket for a couple of days then general sale

Johhny Blue

Wait until the next game with limited tickets and all the smug bastards are told they used up their points for the Sunderland match

skybluepm2

Managed to get a ticket for Sunderland, but couldn’t link to my mates account. Did anyone else have this issue? Now sitting 14 seats apart 🙄

SheafIsGod

Makes sense in principle, but means the ticket office is going to have to start selling General Sale tickets very close to match day if they don’t confirm allocations etc in good time.

Could have two priority windows on the same day if the tickets are received late, although it could get messy in the ticket office.

Something like

1200+ 9am - 1pm
1000+ 1pm+
etc etc

Other clubs manage it with a lot of priority windows.

skybluepm2

Has anyone in the history of Cov away games ever sat in their own seat? Or even sat tbh

🤣 no and I don’t intend to on either count, was just wondering if I was being a dumbass by not working it out.

Tynan Scope has alluded to it being unreserved and they are looking to get this in place going forward if possible, which would be a big tick in the box.

tskezz

🤣 no and I don’t intend to on either count, was just wondering if I was being a dumbass by not working it out.

Tynan Scope has alluded to it being unreserved and they are looking to get this in place going forward if possible, which would be a big tick in the box.
To be fair it wouldn't let me assign to a friend yesterday on the mobile site but from a desktop browser it worked fine. So its not just you

SBT

Could have two priority windows on the same day if the tickets are received late, although it could get messy in the ticket office.

Something like

1200+ 9am - 1pm
1000+ 1pm+
etc etc

Other clubs manage it with a lot of priority windows.

But what if I have work/don’t have work/to take the kids to school/pick the kids up from school/etc etc etc

pusbccfc

Has anyone in the history of Cov away games ever sat in their own seat? Or even sat tbh

Based on last season, people kicked off at 5/6 away matches because we had sat in their seats.

I gave up by Middlesbrough and started to actually sit in them because it was getting annoying being moved etc.

pusbccfc

Don't think the club have the say in it. Full away ends are never unreserved because of safety etc.

Users who are viewing this thread