Sunderland tickets (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

My beef is that I can't buy tickets together with my kids on priority 1 day ..despite there only being a few points between us we cover 3 windows so I have to wait until Thursday

As this is there first attempt at this I wonder if they might tweak it the following season?
Not that that helps you now though.

Evo1883

Coventry fan stated he purchased in the home end , 4 tickets .

I wonder how many will do the same , terrible allocation plus people missing out with points system ..not a great cocktail

Evo1883

As this is there first attempt at this I wonder if they might tweak it the following season?
Not that that helps you now though.
There's a fair few people moaning that they always go with their kids now they can't on this match as they have slightly less points .. kids not attending night away matches etc meaning they have less points

Liquid Gold

Problem is people that are desperate to go to certain games, say with their kids, will get tickets off other people no Going with higher allocations.

Im not going to Sunderland but I could get a ticket for a mate so my points go up and then the people actually attending miss out.

I don’t mind a points system but this just benefits those that benefited from the lack of a system.

Liquid Gold

Is there anything to stop me say buying an u16 ticket and not even using it to keep my total high for games I want to do?

Doesn’t appear so and that is taking a ticket from someone else. I’m not going to do it but someone might.

SeaSeeEffCee

Points systems are shite and just turn away ends into an exclusive club. We really aren’t a big enough club to warrant one, we only have a handful of games each year where tickets are sparse.

tskezz

Is there anything to stop me say buying an u16 ticket and not even using it to keep my total high for games I want to do?

Doesn’t appear so and that is taking a ticket from someone else. I’m not going to do it but someone might.
Can you assign a u16 to yourself? As your DOB is registered on the account, especially with an adult ST

Evo1883

To be fair you can do that with your own adult ticket even if you aren't going , it's no different

chiefdave

all last season it was constant moaning we don't have a points system. now there's a points system people are moaning because, shock, you need points to get tickets.

they could have put any system or points thresholds in place and there would still be complaints.

theferret

Points systems are shite and just turn away ends into an exclusive club. We really aren’t a big enough club to warrant one, we only have a handful of games each year where tickets are sparse.

For each of the final 6 away games last season tickets sold in minutes each time, with lots of other sell outs through the season. There needed to be a system of some sort. Rewarding the most frequent travellers with some form of priority is fair.

The fact it won't be needed every week doesn't matter, that it is there for when it is needed is the point.

They may not have got it right though, definitely needs some tweaking.

Evo1883

Miss out I miss out , its only sunderland tbh been twice .. would be more pissed off if I missed out west brom or blues , a local Derby really

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

So it's a fair priority system for over 1000 then back to a total free for all for anyone below.

So you could have bought season tickets for the last 3 years and had aways but still be in the same priority group as someone with this year's season ticket only.

Bizarre

You were grandstanding it and giving me shit a couple of weeks ago for suggesting it created a closed shop, now hark at you.

Based on the Sunderland away points stated, there’s no benefit for anyone under 1000 points versus general sale. It would be great if there was some window for those with varying points levels before GS.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Miss out I miss out , its only sunderland tbh been twice .. would be more pissed off if I missed out west brom or blues , a local Derby really

I’m a bit disappointed but I’ve accepted that for this season I’m going to have to target the unattractive midweek games to get the points up for next season. The club have been great in recent years for taking feedback on board so we will see

fernandopartridge

For each of the final 6 away games last season tickets sold in minutes each time, with lots of other sell outs through the season. There needed to be a system of some sort. Rewarding the most frequent travellers with some form of priority is fair.

The fact it won't be needed every week doesn't matter, that it is there for when it is needed is the point.

They may not have got it right though, definitely needs some tweaking.
Should have been no credit for St Andrews attendance imho, should be based on away games only

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

Should have been no credit for St Andrews attendance imho, should be based on away games only

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Problem is, they want people to buy home tickets and season tickets.

I hate this system but the one benefit is it will encourage people to go to midweek games etc to build up points.

However, with the bar as low as 1000 with these Sunderland tickets, it would take a while to add them up!

slowpoke

What was wrong with the old first come first served system, season ticket holders get priority one per ticket then general sale often doesn’t get that far but we all know that. I just know any system dreamt up by our lot will be a cock up.

David O'Day

Agree. Other clubs have away priority points systems that is based on away attendance, that's the whole point.

Give ST holders some form of credit, that's fine, but should be weighted towards those who travel most.
exactly the other teams that this reward away games as the idea is to make sure those who go most away games get tickets

the issue last year was not this, it was people being rewarded for coming from outside of coventry

Kilclines curly mullet

Get over it people - the higher up the leagues we go the more difficult it is to get tickets - fact. What do us fans want - a return to League 2 where tickets were easily available ?

i am interested to see the faces in the ground at Sunderland (if I can get a ticket) as to whether this stops ’mates of mates’ who are to pissed / drugged up to actually watch the game

I agree I think the system needs tweaking a bit but the club can’t win whatever they do.

David O'Day

Get over it people - the higher up the leagues we go the more difficult it is to get tickets - fact. What do us fans want - a return to League 2 where tickets were easily available ?

i am interested to see the faces in the ground at Sunderland (if I can get a ticket) as to whether this stops ’mates of mates’ who are to pissed / drugged up to actually watch the game

I agree I think the system needs tweaking a bit but the club can’t win whatever they do.
no one has said that

people just think that people who go to more away games should get priority, it's what happens at teams like united

WGABSOOS

Agree. Other clubs have away priority points systems that is based on away attendance, that's the whole point.

Give ST holders some form of credit, that's fine, but should be weighted towards those who travel most.
The club will reward fans who rightly put money in to their pockets and not that of their rivals. No system is totally fair but to base priority solely on just attendance at away games is ludicrous

Speedies_Chips

all last season it was constant moaning we don't have a points system. now there's a points system people are moaning because, shock, you need points to get tickets.

they could have put any system or points thresholds in place and there would still be complaints.
Agreed. The moaning gets boring doesn't it? Basically people will moan when something doesn't suit them.
I haven't got enough points to go to Sunderland, but I'm not going to cry about it. Good luck to those that do go.

Evo1883

They want to encourage people to home games.
Sad thing is , they had more reason to buy a season ticket before as they fell into priority 1 .. now many ST holders are in the same priority band as new ST holders , which is way below 1000 points

There's almost no reward for being a new ST holders for away game priority at all

tskezz

You were grandstanding it and giving me shit a couple of weeks ago for suggesting it created a closed shop, now hark at you.

Based on the Sunderland away points stated, there’s no benefit for anyone under 1000 points versus general sale. It would be great if there was some window for those with varying points levels before GS.
Clutching you are.

You were claiming a closed shop for the season, my reply was that we sell out less than half of our away games meaning your point is invalid. This will be one of those games that does sell out along with Birmingham and Blackpool etc etc. And rightfully it will put day trippers to the back of the line.

My issue with this is it seems to be some hybrid, with priority for over 1000 points then back to last year for under that. You could have three seasons worth of season tickets which puts you on 760 and done 23 away games taking the total to 990 yet still have the same priority window as someone who has bought a season ticket this year and nothing else.

I'm assuming this is because of the short amount of time tickets will be on sale for this one and hopefully when they're on earlier windows will be staggered better.

But back to your point, there will be 15 other aways this season that wont sell out that the closed shop brigade can go to. And also to the 'Hark at you' I can buy my ticket tomorrow so I will have no problem I just think the system should be fair to everyone not just us 1000+ sky blue card elites

Nick

Administrator
The points ranges will differ through the season though so the priority wont always be the same.

Users who are viewing this thread