Sunderland at it still......! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brighton Sky Blue

Could not agree more.

And you DID cheat. There is plenty of evidence to that effect including an interview on you tube of a Bristol City player joking about the banter between both sets of players at the end of the game. 'Get in your own half, you are not allowed in here'.

This is half the problem mate. You just can't bring yourselves to admit it. Some of you have and said so what. I respect them a miniscule bit more than zero, but it's more nontheless.

And why do Brizzle escape criticism completely?

C

chinnychebbend

And your record in all the games prior to the 17 final ones must've been pretty shocking for you to have been in with a shout come the final game. Look at it this way-nobody here would question that what happened wasn't in the spirit of the game, but for goodness' sake man, LET IT GO. Your boys were in the driving seat and they messed up; get over it. Funny that all the Sunderland fans I've met from the current generation don't have any beef with Cov at all...

They were being polite mate.

C

chinnychebbend

answer me this. What if it was the other way round? What would the Sunderland players have done to stay in the top league? Would they have gone for the win and risked losing the game to get relegated?

So you admit what you did was unsporting & dishonest behaviour

C

chinnychebbend

And why do Brizzle escape criticism completely?

They don't, but they did not chose to announce the score against league guidelines did they? That was you wasn't it?

For your information, we don't like them either and are hopeful of a double celebration this season.

Brighton Sky Blue

After 41 games we were not in the bottom three. After you and Bristol City fixed a convenient draw, we were. What part of that do you not understand?

I understand that a full season back then was 42 games rather than 41, and had you not fucked up at Everton you wouldn't be a bitter tosser 35 years on.

Brighton Sky Blue

They don't, but they did not chose to announce the score against league guidelines did they? That was you wasn't it?

For your information, we don't like them either and are hopeful of a double celebration this season.

They also didn't have to go along and pass the ball amongst themselves; they did so to save their own bacon just as we did-had the game been played at Ashton Gate I doubt they'd have done any different.

C

chinnychebbend

why can't you just answer the questions? Or are you afraid to admit you'd have done exactly the same?

You are ASSUMING we would have done the same. YOU DID IT. There is a massive difference between those 2 things.

lucky19672

To our Mackem friends, what will it take to appease this biterness

that you hold towards CCFC?

We're rock bottom of the Championship, possibly heading to League One, while you are mib-table in the Premiership and on the up.

Is this not enough to let bygones be bygones?

C

chinnychebbend

but what what would they have done in reality? I think we all know the answer to this...wait for it...
EXACTLY THE SAME!

I wasn't manager & as it didn't happen to us so know ones knows what we would have done. If I was manager I'd have gone for the win.

But IF we had cheated, our manager wouldn't have carved out a TV career talking about fairness & honesty in the game.

Delboycov

would have like to think we would have gone out to win
Bollocks mate and you know it....had you lost a game in a situation like that trying to win the game, it wouldn't have been us you've been blaming for the last 35 years, it would've been your own players for feckin up an opportunity to survive. Having said that you do seem to blame everybody but yourselves for everything so I'm sure you would've found another target....

C

chinnychebbend

that you hold towards CCFC?

We're rock bottom of the Championship, possibly heading to League One, while you are mib-table in the Premiership and on the up.

Is this not enough to let bygones be bygones?

Not even close mate. You are where you are now for footballing reasons and footballing reasons alone. When you have done your all and fall short not because of footballing reasons, but for 'anti-footballing' reasons elsewhere, then and only then will you even start to realise how we feel. What has happened in between times does not wipe the slate. Their is still a score (or even a score draw) to settle.

procdoc

Not even close mate. You are where you are now for footballing reasons and footballing reasons alone. When you have done your all and fall short not because of footballing reasons, but for 'anti-footballing' reasons elsewhere, then and only then will you even start to realise how we feel. What has happened in between times does not wipe the slate. Their is still a score (or even a score draw) to settle.

partly where we are is also for 'anti-footballing' reasons. Haven't you heard of SISU? :claping hands:

Brighton Sky Blue

You fell short by losing at Goodison Park. Or by losing EIGHT games in a row over November, December, and January. Still, it was an amazing team wasn't it?

C

chinnychebbend

any club would have done the same to stay up. Win at all costs and all that. You lost and went down and instead of blaming your own inept team you blame us, that is really pathetic

You should not judge others by your own lack of standards.

We blame you because you and Bristol City failed to do what the rules of the competition required, i.e. try to win. Its really simple and your club is forever tainted by this. You can claim other clubs would have done the same but its a feeble excuse for having actually done it.

C

chinnychebbend

Bollocks mate and you know it....had you lost a game in a situation like that trying to win the game, it wouldn't have been us you've been blaming for the last 35 years, it would've been your own players for feckin up an opportunity to survive. Having said that you do seem to blame everybody but yourselves for everything so I'm sure you would've found another target....

But then we'd have lost fair & square, and we'd have accepted that. Just like the numerous occasions its happened. I'd rather do things in the spirit of the game & rather not cheat.

C

chinnychebbend

You fell short by losing at Goodison Park. Or by losing EIGHT games in a row over November, December, and January. Still, it was an amazing team wasn't it?

All we wanted was for 42 fair games to be played by EVERYONE. We never quite got there though did we?

C

chinnychebbend

How many years ago was it? Sheesh!

Cheating is cheating. It does not stop being cheating after an allotted amount of time. As I said before a little bit of contrition and a hands up might make things better between our clubs, but I doubt you have even got around to saying sorry for relegating Lincoln in 1920 yet. Your entire football league career is based on a cheating lie. You must be so fucking proud.

procdoc

If we get the chance to do it again and stay up, I'd take it. Some call it cheating, others will call it taking advantage of a situation beyond our control. You'd do it to survive but you ain't got the balls to admit it

C

chinnychebbend

If Hill wasn't who he was, he'd probably gone to prison for match fixing like others have in the past

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread