Sunderland at it still......! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

procdoc

I just hope that someday we get the chance to cheat you properly

C

chinnychebbend

I just hope that someday we get the chance to cheat you properly

Hope is about all you have right now and you should cling to it and hope to hell you don't find yourselves relying on the honesty and integrity of another club with their own agenda in the run in.

hackneyfox

You make a compelling case, all be it somewhat embellished for your own dramatic effect via your red and white tinted specs. You have something of a reason for having a bit of a chip on your shoulder, But honestly... it was a long time ago and had you won your game it wouldn't have mattered.

We don't even manage to get this much animosity from the like of Leicester and Villa.

You do from me, still rankles, that and beating Everton after the season had finished.

pah

Otis

So we paid three players to play in a game while you have TWICE cheated to avoid relegation and you think this makes us the same?

Bet some of the Middlesborough supporters at that game are still really pissed off with you lot over this.

Otis

We did not want charity. We expected and deserved effort and honesty. We got neither and hence we have NO RESPECT for either club. Its really clear at the end of the day.

Your club is the one who ultimately has to come to terms with what happened that night as it has had far more of a detrimental effect on you than us in the long run.

Yup. We have come to terms with the fact that the match was delayed on police instruction and that Jimmy Hill put the score up on the scoreboard rather than have the bench tell the players and that there were just a few minutes left of the game rather than the 15 you lot have conjured up.

Like all things in life everything else you lot have is myth and legend, Chinese whispers and hearsay. All you have done over the years is embellish the story until we have become Dr. Evil, Moriarty, Hannibal Lecter and Pol Pot all rolled into one.

Lets' not let facts get in the way of an Urban Legend though eh?

What sad little people you must be to carry a grudge so long. Guess you still hate the Germans for the two World Wars, France for the 100 Years War, The Danes and Normans for invading us, the Romans for enslaving us, South Africa for the Boer War and the Scots and the Welsh and the Irish ... and the Spanish and the Russians and .......

ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ..... get a fooking life.

Sky Blue Sheepy

Please let this drop!

The fact you've been trawling the Mackems board is just gonna keep this dragging out. There will always be a team that doesn't like you for whatever reason and I can kinda see why they feel aggrieved (although wishing liquidation on a club because, from an entire season, we played 15 minutes 'wrongly' is ridiculous!)

Let them enjoy our relegation (someone may as well get some pleasure from it) and then see what happens - I'd like to think we'll come back stronger in a year or so's time anyway.

Otis

Please let this drop!

The fact you've been trawling the Mackems board is just gonna keep this dragging out. There will always be a team that doesn't like you for whatever reason and I can kinda see why they feel aggrieved (although wishing liquidation on a club because, from an entire season, we played 15 minutes 'wrongly' is ridiculous!)

Let them enjoy our relegation (someone may as well get some pleasure from it) and then see what happens - I'd like to think we'll come back stronger in a year or so's time anyway.

It wasn't 15 minutes. That's part of the Urban Legend.

I was there and I was unhappy we weren't going for the win. I wanted us to win the game. Put yourself in the clubs shoes though. Both teams find out that if the score stays the same they both stay up. They must have really been in a quandry as to what to do. Go for the win and maybe end up losing?

It wasn't right, we all know that, but the hatred and vitriol is just ridiculous and even more so after all those years.

We were deprived of our rightful European place because of Liverpool, do we keep harping on about it, no!

Fine to be a bit aggrieved, but hate and wishing Jimmy Hill dead and planning to celebrate when he dies is just so wrong on so many levels. Those sort of people are just sad, pathetic individuals.

As I say, those that were there know what happened, but over the years the stories and tales have grown beyond comprehension and with each passing year whatever happened gets further and further embellished and further away from the truth.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Totally agree Otis. I was there as well and know the truth so I don't give two fcuks what some plastic Geordie thinks.
Nick, can we now have this and similar threads locked now? They are getting stupidly out of hand.

This scenario happens every year!
See Wolves v Blackburn from last season when they found out the Birmingham result. Its tactical, although not an exciting end to the game, but completely above board.

bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread