Strikers that could replace vik (1 Viewer)

Essexrobbie

Id like to see a bit of a lump up top to hold the ball up. perhaps Luton would off load Hartford.

Sky Blue Pete

mmm

Sorry easy target

skybluecb

Tom Cannon good young striker was at Preston on loan from Everton this season, he looked half decent, or maybe Archer or Ramsey who were on loan at Middlesborough - wouldn't be bad loan strikers

Last edited:

Boosh

Slightly unsure why @Sky Blue Pete has targeted myself and Grendel here? I can only assume you’re looking for a nibble so here it is…

Grendel was one of the first to call for the signing of Gyokeres (I’m sure he even made a thread about it) as was I:

In terms of myself being negative about players I’m unsure where that’s come from. I am largely positive about our players, see the Callum Doyle and Godden threads plus my posts on Allen, Eccles, JWE, Bidwell, BNC and more…

So yeah there’s the nibble but I cannot be accused of being overly negative about our players as it’s simply not true. I guess your obsession with me continues…

Perryccfc

Slightly unsure why @Sky Blue Pete has targeted myself and Grendel here? I can only assume you’re looking for a nibble so here it is…

Grendel was one of the first to call for the signing of Gyokeres (I’m sure he even made a thread about it) as was I:

In terms of myself being negative about players I’m unsure where that’s come from. I am largely positive about our players, see the Callum Doyle and Godden threads plus my posts on Allen, Eccles, JWE, Bidwell, BNC and more…

So yeah there’s the nibble but I cannot be accused of being overly negative about our players as it’s simply not true. I guess your obsession with me continues…
You are a c**t though

Boosh

@Perryccfc treat people with kindness mate, hate and insults won’t get you anywhere.

Hopefully we have a good transfer window and I hope you enjoy our promotion next season, fingers crossed

long way home

Replacing Vik for me is about replacing his stat not so much a decision to find a like for like player. We need to replace his goals and assists which will not be easy if you are looking at that in 1 player. We have an opportunity to strengthen our squad depth with multiple quality signings and that now has to be MR aim.

robbiekeane

As if we’ve got £4 million to spunk on a player, even with the money in from Vik and most likely Hamer, the club as usual will gobble most of it up.

Leaving us to scrape the barrel with free transfers, lower league dross and kids from PL on loan.

It could of been so so different 😞
People are bat shit crazy. Who are “the club” that you are talking about who will gobble it up “as usual”? curious given we have no ownership who I don’t think we’ve actually seen sell a player yet? Genuine question what do you mean cause I’m baffled

Also, scraping the barrel with free transfers and lower league dross and kids from the PL on loan…like the team that just nearly got promoted 😂. Barrel scrapes like O Hare? Curious as to where palmer, gyokeres, Hamer, sheaf fit in those categories

Jesus wept

Skybluedownunder

Tom Cannon good young striker was at Preston on loan from Everton this season, he looked half decent, or maybe Archer or Ramsey who were on loan at Middlesborough - wouldn't be bad loan strikers

Yeah Tom Cannon has done well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AFCCOVENTRY

Replacing Vik for me is about replacing his stat not so much a decision to find a like for like player. We need to replace his goals and assists which will not be easy if you are looking at that in 1 player. We have an opportunity to strengthen our squad depth with multiple quality signings and that now has to be MR aim.

The reality is he should have scored more goals this season. So yes I agree, we won’t find another Vik but we can find players to replace the goals if not more.

Last edited:

shmmeee

Our tactics always inflate the lone strikers stats TBF. Got faith well find another 15-20 a season striker Robins always seems to get decent strikers in.

Winny the Bish

Pulling some random names of strikers that have hit 20+ from middle tier Euro leagues:

Barnabás Varga 26 goals for Paksi FC in the Hungarian Prem

Georges Mikautadze 23 goals Metz in France 2nd div

Tim Kleindienst 24 goals for FC Heidenheim. German div 2
2nd Division players won't get work permits anymore.

Should be looking at South America - like Brighton do - and Asia - like Celtic.

Cho Gue-sung: 25, 6'2. South Korea international who played at the World Cup. 13 goals in 23 games last season. Target man who is decent in the air and like sthe ball at his feet. Available for £2-3m.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

He has scored a few at international level for Scotland-
Not sure he's got double figures in the league in a while though which would worry me if he was seen as our main man next season. I think whoever we bring in is unlikely to match Viktor's numbers from this season though so it really depends on the overall business we do. Not a replacement for Vik but i did think Sam Field looked decent for QPR when we played them.

Grendel

Our tactics always inflate the lone strikers stats TBF. Got faith well find another 15-20 a season striker Robins always seems to get decent strikers in.

his hit rate on strikers isn’t always great and a lot don’t work here

pusbccfc

Ultimately, we'll need to change the style of play. We've become a very direct, almost long ball team since O'Hare and Palmer were injured.

If we signed Jerry Yates, we'd need to ensure the players behind him are better than Jamie Allen and Godden

Macca

We also don't need a vik replacemnt, as long as we can get someone with decent movement and a decent finish the return of our more creative players should see us with a good attack.

Agreed doesn’t need a billy big bollocks signing at all. In fact I’d go for a totally different striker than Vik. Not worried about all around play, just a box finisher

Users who are viewing this thread