Strikers that could replace vik (1 Viewer)

blunted

I remember Bobby Gould asking the players bout a left back we could afford and we got Stuart Pearce. Also someone asked the players who was the most difficult centre forward they had faced and we got Robert Rosario (who turned out to be a better midfielder). Bleedin obvious but surely our recruitment team are asking the players their opinions. I would hope Hamer could nominate some unsung heroes in Holland and Vik could do the same for Sweden

Skybluedownunder

Given Walker and Waghorn are leaving Yates could be a replacement for them as much as Gyokeres. Yates seems to be a similar player to Godden so we will still need at least one more striker even if we do sign him, and one that is more of Gyokores physical stature. Kaba and Simms fit the bill for me, although I think Jamal Lowe is not a bad shout from earlier in the thread.

Wikipedia says Yates is only 5 ft 9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Calista

I’ve looked around abroad (+Scotland) at some strikers we may have not heard of before to find potential targets and I’ve come up with
• Rhys Healey (Toulouse, France)
• Ike Ugbo (Troyes, France)
• Grejohn Kyei (Clermont, France)
• Tobias Laurtisen (Rotterdam, Netherlands)
• Ole Romeny (Emmen, Netherlands)
• Marius Mouandilmadji (Seraing, Belgium)
• Bojan Miovski (Aberdeen, Scotland)
• Duk (Aberdeen, Scotland)
• Yusupha Nije (Boavista, Portugal)
I see what you've done there - they're all anagrams aren't they?

Skybluedownunder

Sunderland just signed some striker from Benfica! I am a little jealous of some of the signings they have appeared to make over the last year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccfc1234

Miles Leaburn. Although i think I read someone like villa were after him.
To replace walker he looks an ideal signing. 19 years old and plenty of scope to develop into a saleable asset. Slightly surprised villa are interested, any idea what figures have been quoted?

ccfc_Tom

To replace walker he looks an ideal signing. 19 years old and plenty of scope to develop into a saleable asset. Slightly surprised villa are interested, any idea what figures have been quoted?
Not sure on price. Tall and mobile, some similar traits to vik (but much more raw).

Happy_Martian

Deity

As if we’ve got £4 million to spunk on a player, even with the money in from Vik and most likely Hamer, the club as usual will gobble most of it up.

Leaving us to scrape the barrel with free transfers, lower league dross and kids from PL on loan.

It could of been so so different 😞
In what way ? If Sisu had stayed ? If Dawkins had bought the club ? How ?

DrPoolittle

Couple of players in League One have scored plenty of goals. Don’t know much about them but maybe cheeky bids for Clarke-Harris of Peterborough and Chaplin from Ipswich might work

Users who are viewing this thread