Strikers that could replace vik (1 Viewer)

Briles

If they're second tier wouldn't qualify for a work permit.

Ahh I forgot about that

mark82

Not sure what the feck the rules are nowadays but he is a full international if that helps
Georgia are outside top 50 in the World. Would currently have 12 points of required 15. If Metz manage to win the league would give him the 3 points required. If they just get promoted (in second place) will get 1 point and be a couple short. He'd need to have played in 90% of Georgia's games to get the extra 2 points required - he's currently at 77%. They have 2 games coming up but that would only give him an extra point at 81%. Not sure how friendlies count - if you take them out he'd qualify as only missed international friendlies.

Frostie

If they're second tier wouldn't qualify for a work permit.
Don't think this is common knowledge yet but clubs have made some serious complaints about how restrictive the current Work Permit rules are & it seems likely there will be some relaxation. The FA have made a proposal to the government but no guarantees it comes in time for this summer though given how slow they move on almost everything.

Last edited:

Alkhen

Georgia are outside top 50 in the World. Would currently have 12 points of required 15. If Metz manage to win the league would give him the 3 points required. If they just get promoted (in second place) will get 1 point and be a couple short. He'd need to have played in 90% of Georgia's games to get the extra 2 points required - he's currently at 77%. They have 2 games coming up but that would only give him an extra point at 81%. Not sure how friendlies count - if you take them out he'd qualify as only missed international friendlies.
Good knowledge! Seems a very convoluted system.

Am I right in thinking the likes of Gus and Vik (when he first came to the UK) would have both failed to get a permit under the new rules?

mark82

Good knowledge! Seems a very convoluted system.

Am I right in thinking the likes of Gus and Vik (when he first came to the UK) would have both failed to get a permit under the new rules?

Gus would've easily qualified. Gyökeres came from second tier in Sweden. He'd have struggled even if he was in the Swedish top tier.

Finham

Impressive! Have you offered this knowledge to the club to avoid a repeat of what happened last summer?

Calista

mmm

All credit to you G for rightly advocating signing Gyok, when lots of people were saying he was rubbish. But you definitely weren't the first or only one to say we should keep him on after the loan spell. Even in his raw state, he was clearly the type of player we'd been missing for years.

SkyBlueCharlie9

European striker opportunities looking solely at recent gpod goalscoring records whilst playing in fairly average teams....
1. Ricardo Pepi. Age20 (USA )
FC Groningen. 12 Goals 3 Ast.
2. Raúl García Age23 (Spain) Mirandes 19 Goals. 7Ast.
3. Dylan Vente Age 24 (Dutch) Roda JC Kerkrade 20Goals 6Ast
4. Sydney van Hooijdonk Age 23 (Dutch) SC Heerenveen Gls16 Ast1
5. Ayase Ueda Age25 (Japanese) Cercle Brugge Gls22 Ast2
6. Moïse Sahi. Age22 Côte d'Ivoire
FC Annecy. GLS15. Ast.1.
7.. Casper Tengstedt Age23 (Danish) Rosenborg (Benfica B) Gls15. Ast.6

PUSB-We_are_going_up

You know what I’d take Jerry Yates now, thinking about if we’re not gonna get a Gyokeres level player. But Yates knows the league, knows where the back of the net is, he presses back lines, can header the ball so we might actually score from our wing backs running up the pitch. And to partner him I’d love Ryan Hardie from Plymouth. That might just be fantasy land though

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I’ve looked around abroad (+Scotland) at some strikers we may have not heard of before to find potential targets and I’ve come up with
• Rhys Healey (Toulouse, France)
• Ike Ugbo (Troyes, France)
• Grejohn Kyei (Clermont, France)
• Tobias Laurtisen (Rotterdam, Netherlands)
• Ole Romeny (Emmen, Netherlands)
• Marius Mouandilmadji (Seraing, Belgium)
• Bojan Miovski (Aberdeen, Scotland)
• Duk (Aberdeen, Scotland)
• Yusupha Nije (Boavista, Portugal)

fernandopartridge

You know what I’d take Jerry Yates now, thinking about if we’re not gonna get a Gyokeres level player. But Yates knows the league, knows where the back of the net is, he presses back lines, can header the ball so we might actually score from our wing backs running up the pitch. And to partner him I’d love Ryan Hardie from Plymouth. That might just be fantasy land though
Just don't get the clamour for Yates, he's no better than Godden. He has none of the attributes Vik has

Senior Vick from Alicante

With the creativity we have at the club the attributes we will need in a striker is speed and shots on target and touches in the box. With O'Hare and Palmer we have the players to make the passes, If Robins can get a younger, quicker version of Godden with a touch of a league 1 Adam Armstrong then we will be OK. Vik is a great player but he's flourished when he's been mostly on his own this season having to make his own chances, imagine how many he would have scored if Callum had been playing all season.

covcity4life

With the creativity we have at the club the attributes we will need in a striker is speed and shots on target and touches in the box. With O'Hare and Palmer we have the players to make the passes, If Robins can get a younger, quicker version of Godden with a touch of a league 1 Adam Armstrong then we will be OK. Vik is a great player but he's flourished when he's been mostly on his own this season having to make his own chances, imagine how many he would have scored if Callum had been playing all season.
They ain't been fit tho to make these chances regularly.

Gyokres made the chances for himself and others most of the time and that's what we will miss the most.

Godden cannot replace him for me.

But yes we need to start making more chances for strikers as a team. Becausing finding another gyok will be tough

CCFCSteve

They ain't been fit tho to make these chances regularly.

Gyokres made the chances for himself and others most of the time and that's what we will miss the most.

Godden cannot replace him for me.

But yes we need to start making more chances for strikers as a team. Becausing finding another gyok will be tough

Palmer and ohare feeding Godden or someone similar though ? As has been said before, I don’t see a like for like replacement, you just don’t get many players like gyokeres who have pace and power to run the channels, play as a target man and chip in 20+ goals. We’ll probably end up playing a bit more football/patient football again

covcity4life

Palmer and ohare feeding Godden or someone similar though ? As has been said before, I don’t see a like for like replacement, you just don’t get many players like gyokeres who have pace and power to run the channels, play as a target man and chip in 20+ goals. We’ll probably end up playing a bit more football/patient football again
Yeah if we are putting them on a plate then godden can finish

But he's not very fast so could see lots of theoughballs just being out of reach etc

To try get autos(no one wants to aim only for playoffs) we need better than him imo. Keep him as 3rd choice sure but let's try get 2 better ones in if gyok goes

NorthernWisdom

With Hamer and Allen, midfield's contributed a lot more this season. Need to get Sheaf hitting five minimum - he can hit a ball well enough that he should, and spread the load around the team more.

duffer

What if one of us married him?

Not me though!

I'm already married.

To a woman.....

Not that there's anything wrong with marrying a man ...... oh dear, where's this rabbit hole going.

If you really cared about the club you'd convert to fundamentalist Mormonism and bring us in at least half a new squad. 😁

Happy_Martian

Legia Sky Blue

Given Walker and Waghorn are leaving Yates could be a replacement for them as much as Gyokeres. Yates seems to be a similar player to Godden so we will still need at least one more striker even if we do sign him, and one that is more of Gyokores physical stature. Kaba and Simms fit the bill for me, although I think Jamal Lowe is not a bad shout from earlier in the thread.

Users who are viewing this thread