Stokes - Confirmed to Bury (1 Viewer)

skybluesam66

Although he was injured for most of the relegation season, we looked at him as one of our better players
Now he is deemed not good enough
that is a big change in where we are heading

Manchester_sky_blue

Might have been Stokes' decision to go. With Junior Brown coming in Stokes wasn't going to be first choice and at his age he probably values first team football more than being in a higher division

SkyBlueCRJ

I wonder if it's Stokes pushing for this move rather than the club? Despite some inconsistent form last season he's clearly good enough at this level so why wouldn't the club retain him for next season? It only points to one thing and that's game time on Stokes' behalf. Robins has probably had an honest word with him saying he's now behind Brown in the pecking order and asked him if he's happy to fight for a place - and given that he's now apparently having a medical at Bury I think we can establish what his response was.

Captain Dart

Robins appears to be ensuring there are 2 adequate players to every position. they'll be needed.

Good squad management.

covcity4life

stokes came in and did a vital job last part of the season and helped clinch promotion but he ddint look good like was last time we were in league 1.

might be best if he goes

no_loyalty

Right decision for him if he wants to play games next season, good luck to him

Seb

Disclosed source says stokes is now staying as bury are in financial difficulty and Stokes met with robins and will fight for his place

Last edited:

shmmeee

Disclosed source says stokes is now staying as bury are in financial difficulty and Stokes met with robins and will fight for his place

If the source has been disclosed you can tell us who it is then.

Ccfc1979

Seems like he’s on his way somewhere else. Just posted an Instagram pic of him driving down a motorway saying ‘A new chapter begins’ with a football emoji.

Sbarcher

Wow. Must be Exeter or Plymouth for a 6am start! (Or even Carlisle).

Nick

Administrator
He wasn't a good enough CB to fit in there and he doesn't seem to fit in to the way Robins wants to play now with pacey wing backs.

CovUpNorth

He wasn't a good enough CB to fit in there and he doesn't seem to fit in to the way Robins wants to play now with pacey wing backs.
Lost any pace he had after his injury, too slow for the cut and thrust of league one football :emoji_expressionless:

SkyBlueCRJ

Good move for both parties at the end of the day. Would've been a safe option to retain him but the club needs to move forward rather than rest on our laurels. By bringing in Brown and Mason we're clearly moving in the right direction by bringing in better than we've currently got.

Sky Blue Harry H

Good luck to Stokesy - good at defending, but didn't look comfortable with the ball at his feet, and consequently slowed any attacks down on the left The loss of pace meant we needed to improve that area and hopefully we have, although hope Junior stays fit as Brandon Mason sounds like he needs a bit of development - based on hearsay, admittedly!!

torchomatic

Good luck to him. I liked him but he was too slow.

oucho

Good luck Chris.

When he joined he was called "a Forest Green cast off" but quickly showed himself to be one of our best players; the cruel injury that ruined a whole season for him appeared to set him back and he never seemed to be quite the same player again. He did make a solid contribution to our promotion and for that he'll be fondly remembered by City fans.

Greggs

Such a shame and slightly pissed off with this one. I just thought last seasons' team just needed a little tweak, rather than the total overhaul! I wonder if it will prove costly?

SkyBlueCRJ

Such a shame and slightly pissed off with this one. I just thought last seasons' team just needed a little tweak, rather than the total overhaul! I wonder if it will prove costly?

Admittedly I thought this but if the right players become available, Robins shouldn't sit back and settle for who we have. If they're better than what we currently have then there's no sense in resting on our laurels. I understand it's important to have a good team chemistry though.

Nick

Administrator
Left back was one of the positions last season we seemed to struggle with and there was no real first choice between him and Haynes which made it look like he wasn't sure on any.

Users who are viewing this thread