Stokes - Confirmed to Bury (1 Viewer)

faraway

being more focused after browns injury robins knows he will not be ready until nov/dec and with stokes being looked at by others clubs needs to have a replacement just in case.

Bertola

being more focused after browns injury robins knows he will not be ready until nov/dec and with stokes being looked at by others clubs needs to have a replacement just in case.

He was on the bench for Shrewburys playoff final. He's ready for the first game of the season

ccfcricoh

I've not heard anywhere that Brown is still injured let alone until half way through the season!

Sky Blue Harry H

Top lad - shame that injury slowed you up for a chunk of time - always be popular at CCFC

skyblueinBaku

I'll be sorry to see him go. He worked really hard and for a time made the LB position his own. I remember quite a few less than enthusiastic remarks about him when he first came to us - along the lines of "he can't even get into a non league team". He shut most of the doubters up with his performances when he got used to league football. Personally, I think he could do the job next season for us, but it's up to MR to decide, not me or anyone on here.

Otis

I'll be sorry to see him go. He worked really hard and for a time made the LB position his own. I remember quite a few less than enthusiastic remarks about him when he first came to us - along the lines of "he can't even get into a non league team". He shut most of the doubters up with his performances when he got used to league football. Personally, I think he could do the job next season for us, but it's up to MR to decide, not me or anyone on here.
We seem to be focusing on pace for many positions now. Brown is really quick. Not sure on the new fella, whoever he may be. Would guess he might be nippy too.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Shame, but he was not going to get a look in with brown coming in. Thought all he lacked to his game was pace at times. Very astute at defending, and a couple of times last season I thought he looked knackered by the end of the warm up but then went on to put in a cracking performance in the game to prove me wrong!

Equally as useful as a CB when he covered there.

All the best Chris

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
sad to see him go sounds like a great guy have around the team and put in a shift, that injury really hampered his progression with us.

clint van damme

I like Stokes but I think this shows quite a welcome ruthless street from Robins.
Left back was a bit of a problem position last year and I think we all expected Haynes to go and someone else bought in to compete with Stokes but Robins has swung the axe, fair play to him.
Let's be honest, apart from a few games towards the end of the season Stokes has been poor for a while albeit due to injuries.

wingy

I reckon we're going 3 at the back with wingbacks, possibly another consideration around this decision .

Nick

Administrator
I reckon we're going 3 at the back with wingbacks, possibly another consideration around this decision .

I did think earlier that we might try and play how MK did, every time they got their ball they tried to give it to their full back / wing back who was bombing on. They were stood on the touch line every time and would just try and whip crosses in

Marty

I like him, was solid enough defender, just lacked paced, probably the right decision to move him on if we're to go for back to back promotions.

I'd like to see McDonald moved on next, had a stinker towards the end of the season and doesn't fill me with confidence with him in the team.

HerneBayGaz

Fondly remember him singing the doyler song with the other players after the Notts County game showing his six pack off

Good luck pal

Magwitch

No time for sentiment, Stokes has been a decent player but we need better if we want to compete at top end of division 1. Hopefully the new guys are.

Warwickhunt

Shall miss Stokes he was a brilliant club pro:joyful: wish him well for the future

skybluepm2

Pretty gutted about Stokesy moving on. His form at the back end of the season was back to the Stokes of old and he was solid throughout the play-offs. Was hoping next year he’d really push Brown for the shirt. Thanks for the memories Sir

luwalla

Always put a shift in, and us ( and most other footy fans love that ) but yeah maybe time to move on if we are signing the likes of junior Brown.
As harsh as it might sound, top end league 2 is must likely about his level ... loved him while he was here though & best of luck to him

Users who are viewing this thread