Spy Poisoning (2 Viewers)

Grendel

On a personal level they are, but they are also a very suspicious people and the officialdom is a joke. You encounter anyone in any kind of uniform and you're going to have difficulties.

When you go over (might have changed recently) you have to check your documents at a local government office with 3 days.

3 days I went, 3 days I queued for 3 or 4 hours and each day the official would just pull down the shutter and say he was on a break and gave absolutely no idea when he would return (it was usually 2 or 3 hours later).

Not bad for being on holiday, eh! 3 days queuing in a gritty old, rickety scout hut.

They don't like you smiling at them either. Never smile at anyone in a uniform, they just glare back at you with disdain.

Perhaps as I’m on a work visa it’s different but I’ve been for a week before and had no such issues. The visa entry cost is £1,000 a year so that may be why.

Actually the entrance into the country through visa control has always been for me one of the easiest - no queue straight in. Stopped once in a car in Moscow and had to show all paperwork but was always pretty amicable.

skybluetony176

On a personal level they are, but they are also a very suspicious people and the officialdom is a joke. You encounter anyone in any kind of uniform and you're going to have difficulties.

When you go over (might have changed recently) you have to check your documents at a local government office with 3 days.

3 days I went, 3 days I queued for 3 or 4 hours each time and each day the official would just pull down the shutter and say he was on a break and gave absolutely no idea when he would return (it was usually 2 or 3 hours later). I went with my in-laws and they said it was always like this and they encountered this sort of thing on a daily basis.

Not bad for being on holiday, eh! 3 days queuing in a gritty old, rickety scout hut tomsee a grumpy old git of a jobsworth.

They don't like you smiling at them either. Never smile at anyone in a uniform, they just glare back at you with disdain.
You’ve made Russia sound so appealing I’ve just cancelled the flights to Spain in the summer and booked for Russia ;)

Otis

Perhaps as I’m on a work visa it’s different but I’ve been for a week before and had no such issues. The visa entry cost is £1,000 a year so that may be why.

Actually the entrance into the country through visa control has always been for me one of the easiest - no queue straight in. Stopped once in a car in Moscow and had to show all paperwork but was always pretty amicable.
Yeah, on a work visa you would have no problems at all.

I have been to Sochi, Volgograd, Moscow and St. Petersburg.

Same problems all over.

Grendel

Yeah, on a work visa you would have no problems at all.

I have been to Sochi, Volgograd, Moscow and St. Petersburg.

Same problems all over.

I like the place - going next month. Great sights, great bars and places to eat. Especially in Moscow.

wingy

I do find a few aspects of this intriguing not over deaths or Lives at risk .
But the potential for at least 15 recent deaths mostly explained away as natural but now finally treated seriously with due suspicion felt originally from within this Community under threat of liquidation .
Then If they are deemed as murders the techniques employed that covered those tracks or not, preceeded and followed by
the two extreme cases that have employed Sinister substances while being transported on domestic flights.
I have always thought our response on the very first one Involving Plutonium being carried on a domestic flight was inadequate .
Then we get into the deaths of this guys wife and son and that up to now at least this attempt has been unsuccessful and I hope that remains the case.
If that remains the case the weapon of choice would be deemed poor and unsuccessful for somebody.

martcov

I do find a few aspects of this intriguing not over deaths or Lives at risk .
But the potential for at least 15 recent deaths mostly explained away as natural but now finally treated seriously with due suspicion felt originally from within this Community under threat of liquidation .
Then If they are deemed as murders the techniques employed that covered those tracks or not, preceeded and followed by
the two extreme cases that have employed Sinister substances while being transported on domestic flights.
I have always thought our response on the very first one Involving Plutonium being carried on a domestic flight was inadequate .
Then we get into the deaths of this guys wife and son and that up to now at least this attempt has been unsuccessful and I hope that remains the case.
If that remains the case the weapon of choice would be deemed poor and unsuccessful for somebody.

You are assuming that the method was being used simply to kill someone. That was only part of the idea. The message of a horrible death even in a ‚safe‘ country is more important than merely a quick death.

wingy

You are assuming that the method was being used simply to kill someone. That was only part of the idea. The message of a horrible death even in a ‚safe‘ country is more important than merely a quick death.
No I'm not that's whats tacitly suggested by emphasising the two cases from the run of the mill strangling or whatever.
But it is interesting reading up on Novicheck, which is only dangerous once the components are combined ,and that there are apparent different grades of lethalness, or that once it's been employed it seems residue can be nullified by washing away with water.
I'm trying to highlight and I hope all threes conditions recover ,that compared to sarin VX etc this is supposed to be up to 8times more lethal, some allegedly can finish you in 15 minutes If my reading was correct, yet other sources say can be nullified If you're treated and antidoted in 24-48 hrs.
It's that bit If accurate that befuddles my brain because it doesn't particularly suggest a certain, rapid demise and the oportunity of recovery.

skyblueinBaku

When you go over (might have changed recently) you have to check your documents in at a local government office with 3 days.

3 days I went, 3 days I queued for 3 or 4 hours each time and each day the official would just pull down the shutter and say he was on a break and gave absolutely no idea when he would return (it was usually 2 or 3 hours later). He would send a whole queue away, all the people departing grumpy and saddened. I went with my in-laws and they said it was always like this and they encountered this sort of thing on a daily basis.

Not bad for being on holiday, eh! 3 days queuing in a gritty old, rickety scout hut to see a grumpy old git of a jobsworth.

'Twas ever thus, Otis. When I was working there in the late '80s, I had to chase up some official paperwork that was late. It seems that the bloke whose job it was to sort out this paperwork was on holiday and wouldn't be back at work for another 2 weeks. No-one was deputising for him, so all his work piled up until his return. Madness. I will agree, however, that on a personal level, the Russians are very friendly and extremely warm hearted. But officialdom are the most frustrating and inefficient bunch of bastards in the world.

Grendel

Is there any proof they didn't murder Stephen Hawking as well, because if there's no proof they didn't then they must have done it!

Cretin.

Westendlad

Why the fuck is this poison shit soooo important. Who fucking cares. Boring the the shit out of me zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

shmmeee

For once I have to agree - on foreign policy . Corbyn for some reason never outwardly condemns brutal regimes - there was a toe curling interview on Venezuela where he would not condemn the violence from the government - saying I deplore violence - without actually criticising the oppressor is always his way.

The veneer slipped for a minute as well and he started to get very agitated.

I think where we differ if you assign malice whereas I apply Hanlons Razor and attribute incompetence. I agree with Ken Clarke on this one, the biggest issue with Corbyn is he’s naive, not nasty.

FWIW, I think domestic policy is far more important so you won’t see my vote changing. But the far left do annoy me with foreign policy (and the mirror of it IMO which is general putting of native British people bottom of the pile, with the whole oppression olympics shit). A perfect Labour for me would be some mix of centrist foreign policy (minus Iraq) and blue Labour and far left domestic policy. But the winner takes all nature of politics is you never get a compromise, you just have to pick the closest fit.

dutchman

This is a good 'un...

MI5 fears Russian assassins used MINI DRONE to poison spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter

Russia-UK-Sergei-Skripal-Russian-spy-poisoning-Vladimir-Putin-689609.jpg

The MI5’s agents fear a Russian hit-team targeted Sergei Skripal and his daughter, Yulia, using a gadget specially designed for assassinations.

Intelligence sources believe Mr Skripal, 66, and his 33-year-old daughter could have been sprayed with the nerve agent from a remote-controlled drone hovering above them as they sat on a bench in Salisbury.

The use of a drone would also explain why there were no eye-witnesses to the attack and no CCTV footage of the couple being poisoned.

A source said: “Every single possible scenario is being looked at. We know the Russians have been experimenting with weaponised miniature drones.

We believe they may have been used in Syria and the Ukraine and on other assassination operations.

shmmeee

I heard it’s something like 30% of the EUs gas is Russian and we get something like 30% of our gas from the EU so there’s no way to directly cut or gas off and not Europe’s and anyway you’re talking about around 10% of the U.K. gas supply if they could.

wingy

Anyone getting the feeling more is going on behind 'just this particular episode',gastly as it is.
It feels to me there are other triggers in play given the introduction of certain historical factors.

wingy

Like what?
Crimea /Ukraine etc.
Doesn't that dilute the Issue at hand and look like a camaign attempting to build a momentum for reaction ,like there's no confidence in achieving that from what's in front of us.
Plus it's about four years too late.

wingy

Still getting the feeling something else has gone on or is going alongside this case.
TM sharing extra inteligence with certain EU leaders last week plus the points I made earlier .

dutchman

Still getting the feeling something else has gone on or is going alongside this case.
TM sharing extra inteligence with certain EU leaders last week plus the points I made earlier .
'Theresa May' and 'intelligence' are seldom words I would place together in the same sentence.

She was the most incompetent Home Secretary in British history and is now also proving to be the most incompetent Prime Minister in British history as well.

wingy

Interesting development regards his daughter starting to show signs of recovery after a couple of interviews suggesting they might be better off dead ,so good luck to her.
Three and a half weeks to detrrmine the door handle though??

Last edited:

dutchman

Interesting development regards his daughter starting to show signs of recovery after a couple of interviews suggesting they might be better off dead ,so good luck to her.
Yep! Only yesterday morning his neice was saying they had only a "1% chance of survival".

Nothing adds up, does it?

Sick Boy

If this nerve agent is so powerful, would she really be improving so rapidly, could be another dodgy dossier ;)

Grendel

"Police said 500 witnesses had been spoken to and officers had trawled through more than 5,000 hours of CCTV."

And yet no descriptions or CCTV footage released?

Bore off you dribbling lunatic

Grendel

Yep! Only yesterday morning his neice was saying they had only a "1% chance of survival".

Nothing adds up, does it?

Well yeah as they’d have been under 24 hour armed guard

Users who are viewing this thread