Spy Poisoning (1 Viewer)

Terry Gibson's perm

Did he really expect to live a long and peaceful life after defecting if it was that easy surely others would try it or maybe they do but hide better Putin doesn’t strike me as the most patient man alive even though mrs Otis has a picture of him on the bedside cabinet

Otis

Did he really expect to live a long and peaceful life after defecting if it was that easy surely others would try it or maybe they do but hide better Putin doesn’t strike me as the most patient man alive
He has been living quite openly under his real name, so wasn't hiding at all

Skripal's been using his real name and not been hiding either.

skybluetony176

There’s always a but with Mr Corbyn though isn’t there? At least some of his back benchers had some guts to speak out for Britain for once.

Something the communist worshipping coward would never do.

Ha ha. The suggestion that Russia or Putin is communist. When they gave up communism they kept going left until they reached far right. Corbyn’s idealism has nothing in common with “modern” day Russia or current Russian politics. The suggestion that he worships them is ridiculous. They’re polar opposites.

SkyblueBazza

So of all the places in the British Isles where a foreign power could have used a nerve agent against a British resident they chose one which is practically next door to Britains biggest manufacturer of nerve agents, one incidentally which has a history of experimenting on unwitting servicemen and civilians. Bit of a coincidence don't you think?

How thousands were subjected to chemical warfare trials during the Cold War
Who knows what the truth of the matter is?
It could be a nerve agent spirited away in very small amounts, from its source in Russia, by another country or even our own to create a bit of an upset for some reason like justification for increased defence spending?
It could have actually been the Russians trying to provoke us a little to scare us into remaining in the EU for some bizarre reason.
It could have been the 'former' Russian spy about to embark on a mission but having an unfortunate accident.

We might never know

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

May has flexed her muscles and stopped the royal family and mos going to the World Cup how will the world carry on.

skybluetony176

Having just watched Corbyn’s response in full (as opposed to a few carefully chosen lines taken out of context on Twitter or Facebook) he isn’t going to let May of with some sweeping response that on the face of it seems tough but in actual fact probably have Putin rolling around on the floor in laughter at the impotence of it. Corbyn is basically saying it should be an international response by way of an international investigation and look back into the suspicious deaths of other family members and more. Basically saying that some expulsions and asset freezing is sweeping it under the carpet.

Captain Dart

Last edited:

Ian1779

Having just watched Corbyn’s response in full (as opposed to a few carefully chosen lines taken out of context on Twitter or Facebook) he isn’t going to let May of with some sweeping response that on the face of it seems tough but in actual fact probably have Putin rolling around on the floor in laughter at the impotence of it. Corbyn is basically saying it should be an international response by way of an international investigation and look back into the suspicious deaths of other family members and more. Basically saying that some expulsions and asset freezing is sweeping it under the carpet.

These people should have learnt from the Iraq war....

wingy

I think his children attend schools in London.

Which is why we need bigger capacity to generate our own energy from varied sources.
Till the county can generate 75% or more of its own needs we'll be vulnerable to such threats.
Thats no single party issue, they should all work towards this objective.
We've had 30-40 years of ineptitude and inertia on this.
The solution has been to apply a tax (customer tarrif )post construction ,Through supply, rather than collecting /commiting prior to a series of new nuclear reactors .
There isn't one fully funtioning as far as I'm aware without delays, overspends and technical challenges.
It will basically subsidise the whole French genaration of Electricity ,to the extent that the EU have concerns it may distort the whole market .
One of the Labour guys behind it reckons he's left a legacy to his children and grandchildren ,amazing viewpoint to my mind.
But as you say it's been a disaster across several parties and Govts.
Really I think all these decisions on Utiliities should be taken away from final approval of Govt and private Industries to a level of Boffins and Mandarins acting almost to National Security levels of constraint ,as politicians seem constrained on how to make a decision over competing idealogies and technologies .
I really don't think it was so, in the post war years .

Last edited:

SkyblueBazza

Let's face it it...on our own, all we have in abundance is what amounts to hot air as a real option to use against the Russians - if it can be proven it was them.
The only alternative is all out war which we would be overrun in, or go nuclear for which we would be wiped out & receive no backing for.
NATO, US, EU & UN are all just additional hot air

Otis

Let's face it it...on our own, all we have in abundance is what amounts to hot air as a real option to use against the Russians - if it can be proven it was them.
The only alternative is all out war which we would be overrun in, or go nuclear for which we would be wiped out & receive no backing for.

Don't think it would go nuclear, but they probably would bomb us.

I'm just hoping they will choose the towns and cities of Exeter, Nottingham, High Wycombe, Accrington, Luton and Mansfield as their targets.

Grendel

Don't think it would go nuclear, but they probably would bomb us.

I'm just hoping they will choose the towns and cities of Exeter, Nottingham, High Wycombe, Accrington, Luton and Mansfield as their targets.

They won’t choose coventry given its design is synonymous with Stalingrad

dutchman

Which is why we need bigger capacity to generate our own energy from varied sources.
Till the county can generate 75% or more of its own needs we'll be vulnerable to such threats.
Thats no single party issue, they should all work towards this objective.
I remember in the 1970s being told that Britain had enough coal reserves to be self-sufficient for the next 100 years!

dutchman

NATO, the US and the EU are more concerned with increasing their control over former Soviet states in eastern europe (in violation of all peace agreements) than with what happens to Britain.

Russia has received no formal request from Britain to help investigate what really happened in Salisbury, not surprising since it's the last thing the British government want revealing.

SkyblueBazza

NATO, the US and the EU are more concerned with increasing their control over former Soviet states in eastern europe (in violation of all peace agreements) than with what happens to Britain.

Russia has received no formal request from Britain to help investigate what really happened in Salisbury, not surprising since it's the last thing the British government want revealing.
You mean...CONSPIRACY

Grendel

Why hide basic facts from the public such as that Skripal was under armed guard at the time of the attack, unless they have something to hide?

Why on earth would that be made public?

Otis

Why not? Every journalist knows it and its their job to report the facts. It's going to come out eventually so they may as well admit it now.
Unless they left the couple unattended for a few mins while they popped into Zizzi for some garlic dough balls.

Grendel

Why not? Every journalist knows it and its their job to report the facts. It's going to come out eventually so they may as well admit it now.

Rubbish

Grendel

What is? That he had an armed guard, that every journalist knows this or that it's their job to report the news?

Every journalist knows the whereabouts of Mary Bell

Users who are viewing this thread