Spy Poisoning (1 Viewer)

dutchman

BREAKING: British scientists CAN'T PROVE Russia was behind Sergei Skripal poisoning

Porton Down, Britain's leading chemical weapons research institution, has not been able to conclusively prove that Russia was to blame for the poisoning of Skripal, 66, and Yulia, 33.

Prime Minister Theresa May has repeatedly insisted that Russia was “highly likely” to be responsible for the attack in Salisbury on March 4.

But Gary Aitkenhead, chief executive of Porton Down's Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (DSTL), has thrown the certainly of her assertions into doubt.

His team at Porton Down, whose analysis of the nerve agent has been crucial to Britain's case, hasn't been able to figure out where the lethal chemical, called Novichok, came from.

Otis

BREAKING: British scientists CAN'T PROVE Russia was behind Sergei Skripal poisoning

Porton Down, Britain's leading chemical weapons research institution, has not been able to conclusively prove that Russia was to blame for the poisoning of Skripal, 66, and Yulia, 33.

Prime Minister Theresa May has repeatedly insisted that Russia was “highly likely” to be responsible for the attack in Salisbury on March 4.

But Gary Aitkenhead, chief executive of Porton Down's Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (DSTL), has thrown the certainly of her assertions into doubt.

His team at Porton Down, whose analysis of the nerve agent has been crucial to Britain's case, hasn't been able to figure out where the lethal chemical, called Novichok, came from.
They need to speak to the man on the street. We all know it came from the door handle.

Grendel

Quality source there I see - has this been reported anywhere but that comic?

Grendel

Beeb are reporting the same thing too.

It isn’t it’s saying it’s likely to be an agent acting for a state

wingy

Which all pretty much confirm if was Russia
Only inteligence 'Suggest' it is Russia .
There apparently is no known antidote.
I really have to say it's pretty incredible that the intrusive British press haven't managed a photo call or tv interview with the recovering Yulia.
The confidential meetings in the Hague tommorow are going to bring a bit more focus on our inteligence input.

Sick Boy

Only inteligence 'Suggest' it is Russia .
There apparently is no known antidote.
I really have to say it's pretty incredible that the intrusive British press haven't managed a photo call or tv interview with the recovering Yulia.
The confidential meetings in the Hague tommorow are going to bring a bit more focus on our inteligence input.

It makes you wonder if JC made the right call before getting taken apart in the press ;)

wingy

It just looks like getting in first before the Hague meeting in the morning.
Does he say that the EU position of supporting UK action based on our 'Inteligence' makes it more accurate?

Grendel

Not sure I'd want you on the jury of a murder trial, Grendel.

This isn’t a trial is it. There will be a lot of discussion behind closed doors with other countries and their responses show all you need to know.

No doubt you also doubt Litvenko was assassinated by a Soviet Agent

Grendel

It makes you wonder if JC made the right call before getting taken apart in the press ;)

No he clearly didn’t as the response of the global community proved. That one single act actually is what proved him unfit for leadership.

Otis

This isn’t a trial is it. There will be a lot of discussion behind closed doors with other countries and their responses show all you need to know.

No doubt you also doubt Litvenko was assassinated by a Soviet Agent
I don't.

Don't think you can go around though saying stuff like 'highly likely.'

My missus watches Russian TV all day and they are doing nothing but laugh as us at the moment.

I too think it was the Russians, but where's the proof? Can you actually act on something without certainty?

Johnnythespider

Quality source there I see - has this been reported anywhere but that comic?
Completely contradicting Boris who stated that a top scientist at Porton Down had confirmed to him it was from Russia, he's either lying or even dimmer than I've given him credit for. If the rest of the world has based it's decision to expel Russian diplomats on Boris's information we are the laughing stock of the world.

Screenshot_20180403-193406.jpg

Grendel

I don't.

Don't think you can go around though saying stuff like 'highly likely.'

My missus watches Russian TV all day and they are doing nothing but laugh as us at the moment.

I too think it was the Russians, but where's the proof? Can you actually act on something without certainty?

What proof would you want?

The Russians of course will laugh because Putin needs to demonstrate some strength and power and these sort of rather pointless acts of criminality are the only way he can do so.

I do find this amusing though as you once said Ken Livingstone was not a supporter of hitter as he said he wasn’t.

Talking about murder trials on that basis were you one of those who didn’t find Ian Huntley guilty. After all he can’t be - Ian said he didn’t do it.

martcov

I heard a scientist on the radio saying that they can pinpoint where the potassium comes from according to isotopes. Each area in the world where potassium is found is different. If that is so, they must now know where it originated from. I can’t help thinking we’ve been set up.

skybluetony176

Completely contradicting Boris who stated that a top scientist at Porton Down had confirmed to him it was from Russia, he's either lying or even dimmer than I've given him credit for. If the rest of the world has based it's decision to expel Russian diplomats on Boris's information we are the laughing stock of the world.

View attachment 9395
He’s certainly no statesman. A statesman would have collated all the relevant evidence and then acted on facts instead of some knee jerk phoney show of “strength”.

Now who suggested that?

Grendel

I heard a scientist on the radio saying that they can pinpoint where the potassium comes from according to isotopes. Each area in the world where potassium is found is different. If that is so, they must now know where it originated from. I can’t help thinking we’ve been set up.

Well it’s fooled the whole of Europe then hasn’t it?

dutchman

The Russians of course will laugh because Putin needs to demonstrate some strength and power and these sort of rather pointless acts of criminality are the only way he can do so.

Last I read Putin was miles ahead in the polls whereas May is clinging to power by her fingernails. If anybody needs a demonstration of power it's May.

Otis

What proof would you want?

I do find this amusing though as you once said Ken Livingstone was not a supporter of hitter as he said he wasn’t.

Talking about murder trials on that basis were you one of those who didn’t find Ian Huntley guilty. After all he can’t be - Ian said he didn’t do it.
Daft analogy. DNA evidence proved Huntley was guilty. Lots of forensic evidence such as the fibres from the girls' Man U tops being on nis clothing.There was two way transfer of fibres that proved significant physical contact between Huntley and the girls. Lots of evidence.

I can only relay what my missus tells me, cos I don't speak Russian, but they are saying the scientist bloke who made this Novichok agent left the Soviet Union and went to the US and it could have been reproduced elsewhere.

I did look that up and there have been claims that how to make Novichok was indeed released on the internet.

Not saying I believe that and me and my missus have had a right old ding dong about it, because I have been saying it must be the Russians, but from an in high political standpoint I believe you have to have more certainty than 'highly likely.'

Grendel

Last I read Putin was miles ahead in the polls whereas May is clinging to power by her fingernails. If anybody needs a demonstration of power it's May.

Sadly May doesn’t have the option of murdering political opponents or throwing them in a gulag on trumped up charges.

skybluetony176

No he clearly didn’t as the response of the global community proved. That one single act actually is what proved him unfit for leadership.
Was the response of the global community based on supposition and presumed facts sold to them by Boris and May or actual facts?

It will be interesting to see how the global community responds to the now known facts. This potentially has diplomatic disaster written all over it and if that happens a more cautious approach as suggested by someone else instead of a all guns blazing will be proven to be the right course of action.

Users who are viewing this thread