Spy Poisoning (1 Viewer)

Gazolba

It's a warning to any potential future spies that they could come after you wherever you are and at any time.

Grendel

Grendel

Depends what the subject matter is I suppose.

What news agencies should be allowed to breach the law of the land?

NorthernWisdom

Which is a good thing
I tend to agree tbh.

Not denying it's a difficult balance between a free press and a press that causes trouble, but have no issue with some things remaining silent.

Anyway, I didn't know this that dutchman is saying either, so it's either a fine example of something covered up... or it's a cracking conspiracy theory... or I need to read today's papers :p

Otis

What news agencies should be allowed to breach the law of the land?
I think it can sometimes be relevant if there is a government conspiracy of national importance, but if as in this instance the press have been told to hold their tongue in order to not jeopardise the investigation, then that can only be a good thing.

Grendel

Is there a D-Notice on this because it's extremely rare for one to be issued?

And if there's not a D-Notice on it there's no law against reporting what happened.

What is the public interest in releasing this.

Of course it’s a legitimate suppression. This guy is a spy who has defected. What other spy could be recruited in future if we actually supply their details and circumstances to the national press?

dutchman

What is the public interest in releasing this.

Of course it’s a legitimate suppression. This guy is a spy who has defected. What other spy could be recruited in future if we actually supply their details and circumstances to the national press?

I would have thought that revealing he had an armed guard who did his best to thwart the attack would increase the chances of recruiting spies in the future rather than diminish them. It is going to be revealed soon anyway.

wingy

Can you piece it together for us too lazy to look please dutchman.
I really have no perception on this
You can be as wordy as necessary.

Last edited:

Grendel

You can be aa wordy as necessary.

He’s speaking double Dutch I wouldn’t bother

dutchman

You can be aa wordy as necessary.
There are conflicting accounts of what happened. Originally it was thought Skripal's bodyguard (DS Nick Bailey) was overpowered while trying to thwart the nerve agent attack. There is now speculation that Bailey was contaminated after trying to resuscitate Skripal and his daughter. It gets more complicated by the day.

wingy

There are conflicting accounts of what happened. Originally it was thought Skripal's bodyguard (DS Nick Bailey) was overpowered while trying to thwart the nerve agent attack. There is now speculation that Bailey was contaminated after trying to resuscitate Skripal and his daughter. It gets more complicated by the day.
So the contamination should only be around the bench ?
Why all tents dotted around the town?

wingy

There have been speculation it was repeated contact to a given item in earlier reports then possibly through the Cars ventilation system .
They been discounted?

shmmeee

On topic: Corbyns a dick when it comes to foreign policy. He’s mostly spot on domestically, but he’s just a broken clock when it comes to other countries. “The West is nasty, lets give these guys a chance”. Russia has been trolling the international community for years and Mays response has been perfect IMO. Which pains me to say, but it’s true. Getting our major allies to stand together is a great move as well.

She’s still an incompetent fuck who is running the country off a cliff, but on this she’s bang on.

Grendel

Depends on the law of the land. A free press is an integral part of any functioning democracy.

That’s interesting. You I assume realise labours obsession with Max Moseley is because they want him to bring that to an end.

clint van damme

On topic: Corbyns a dick when it comes to foreign policy. He’s mostly spot on domestically, but he’s just a broken clock when it comes to other countries. “The West is nasty, lets give these guys a chance”. Russia has been trolling the international community for years and Mays response has been perfect IMO. Which pains me to say, but it’s true. Getting our major allies to stand together is a great move as well.

She’s still an incompetent fuck who is running the country off a cliff, but on this she’s bang on.

and she did it by evoking the proper process, something I was criticised for saying she should do.

clint van damme

That’s interesting. You I assume realise labours obsession with Max Moseley is because they want him to bring that to an end.

they don't want to end free speech, they want to end incidents like the Milly Dowler phone hack, you're not for that are you?

Otis

The suggestion now seems to be that the nerve agent was placed in the daughter's suitcase.

If that is true the notion that a guard somehow tried to thwart the attack is completely way off the mark.

If it was placed in the suitcase the security forces as suggested, they therefore believe that no actual attacker even came to Britain.

Last edited:

martcov

But why would they do it on the eve of a major football tournament during which they hope to improve their world image?

My conspiracy theory: It is the eve of an election in Russia. The great protector will push the „fact“ that everyone is against Russia and they need someone like him. He will win by even more whilst at the same time showing that „traitors“ are not safe anywhere and will die a horrible death. After the election a scapegoat will be presented to show that Britain was wrong to accuse the Kremlin and Britain will be made to look silly.

martcov

they don't want to end free speech, they want to end incidents like the Milly Dowler phone hack, you're not for that are you?

The free press in the UK is dominated by a handful of owners. It is in majority slanted to the right, and is not necessarily dedicated to factual, honest and fair reporting. There should be some limitations- not of factual reporting though, but as to how low they are allowed to go when reporting on individuals‘ private lives.

Otis

My conspiracy theory: It is the eve of an election in Russia. The great protector will push the „fact“ that everyone is against Russia and they need someone like him. He will win by even more whilst at the same time showing that „traitors“ are not safe anywhere and will die a horrible death. After the election a scapegoat will be presented to show that Britain was wrong to accuse the Kremlin and Britain will be made to look silly.
Appearing 'strong' is very much part of the Russian make up.

They love strong, determined and to a degree, ruthless leaders.

Riding topless on top of a horse here would result in ridicule and mirth, but over there it is seen as a sign of strength, boldness and bravery.

There is a feeling amongst many Russians that it is still them against the world when it comes to politics.

So many nations join together in condemning Russian activities such as Chechnya, Ukraine and the Olympic doping scandal and they feel everyone is just ganging up on them.

To be strong and show great strength is very important over there.

Users who are viewing this thread