Welcome to Sky Blues Talk!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. Join thousands of fellow Coventry City fans today!

Southampton Poll

Should Southampton be kicked out of Playoffs

  • Yes

    Votes: 297 82.0%
  • No

    Votes: 28 7.7%
  • Don’t care

    Votes: 37 10.2%

  • Total voters
    362
No they weren't, but that's not relevant.

What's relevant is that Southampton tried to gain an advantage by deliberately breaking the laws of the competition.

How well or badly Middlesbrough played will have no bearing on the outcome

Not sure if we’re debating the same thing but I feel you missed my point.

Theres two parts to this.

1. Southampton broke the rules. Punishment required
2. The reason Boro are truly complaining and emotionally charged - has this had an impact on the 2 legged tie and prevented them getting to the final.

For me, on point 2. It hasn’t. It’s because Boro weren’t good enough. If Boro win, the only thing to resolve is point 1.
 
Replay the match
Replay them all.

All Southampton's games I mean

Wouldn't effect us too much, because we only got one point off them anyway

I would make them play all their games and make them play them each and every day, so all the other teams get a rest and Southampton have a game every 24 hours
 
I'm trying to make a point that is not sinking in.
Lets just say we were Millwall (Coventry) beaton by Hull who go to the final.
Southampton get to the final but are excluded. The beaten team, Boro get a free pass to the final.
Would we feel unfairly treated? I think so.
 
Replay them all.

All Southampton's games I mean

Wouldn't effect us too much, because we only got one point off them anyway

I would make them play all their games and make them play them each and every day, so all the other teams get a rest and Southampton have a game every 24 hours
That’s a demanding schedule for any spy.
 
I'm trying to make a point that is not sinking in.
Lets just say we were Millwall (Coventry) beaton by Hull who go to the final.
Southampton get to the final but are excluded. The beaten team, Boro get a free pass to the final.
Would we feel unfairly treated? I think so.
I can see where you’re coming from but Boro have still had to play 2 games which took a lot out of them.
 
I'm trying to make a point that is not sinking in.
Lets just say we were Millwall (Coventry) beaton by Hull who go to the final.
Southampton get to the final but are excluded. The beaten team, Boro get a free pass to the final.
Would we feel unfairly treated? I think so.
No because Millwall lost fair and square to a side that didn't cheat.
 
I'm trying to make a point that is not sinking in.
Lets just say we were Millwall (Coventry) beaton by Hull who go to the final.
Southampton get to the final but are excluded. The beaten team, Boro get a free pass to the final.
Would we feel unfairly treated? I think so.
It's just not a very good point.

Middlesbrough had the cheating against them. Millwall lost without Hull cheating.

You call Middlesbrough the beaten team. What do you call Millwall?
 
It's just not a very good point.

Middlesbrough had the cheating against them. Millwall lost without Hull cheating.

You call Middlesbrough the beaten team. What do you call Millwall?
You still miss the point ;)
 
has this had an impact on the 2 legged tie and prevented them getting to the final.
But it doesn't matter if it has or not; that's the point.

It's like if a team is sanctioned for bringing on an eligible player; the question isn't whether that player's action affected the result, it's the fact that he's even there at all.

It doesn't matter what Middlesbrough think, or what their reasons are for lodging a complaint; the only questions are: did Southampton do what they are accused of, and if they did, what should be done about it.
 
I'm trying to make a point that is not sinking in.
Lets just say we were Millwall (Coventry) beaton by Hull who go to the final.
Southampton get to the final but are excluded. The beaten team, Boro get a free pass to the final.
Would we feel unfairly treated? I think so.
They might think it was unfair but what would millwall argue should be a fair outcome?

Yes Millwall may feel it's unfair that Boro got a free pass to final, but Millwall may also feels it's unfair that Southampton made the final by cheating.
 
You still miss the point ;)
The point makes no sense. Assuming they weren't also adversely affected by Southampton's spying activities, how could Millwall feel aggrieved by any outcome, having lost fair and square to a team that didn't cheat?
 
Didn’t like how Southampton players behaved at the CBS . Entitled fans too.
It’s all a petty load of nonsense but rules are rules…..disqualify them. They won’t though, some greedy bastard in some ivory tower will see it as an opportunity to make some money with a fine.
 
I have a solution penalty shootout between Milllll and Boro winner goes to the final. Southampton relegated to the 2nd with a 50 million fine and public execution of anyone who did the binoculars sign
That seems a soft punishment make them watch endless episodes of EastEnders too and Graham Norton, plus Terry and June.
 
That seems a soft punishment make them watch endless episodes of EastEnders too and Graham Norton, plus Terry and June.
That's too good for them, they need Mrs Brown's Boys therapy. 😱
 
That seems a soft punishment make them watch endless episodes of EastEnders too and Graham Norton, plus Terry and June.
Someone once told me in the 90s that Reading fans sang the theme to Terry and June.

I've never been able to corroborate this, but desperately hope that it's true. It would sound both brilliant and hilarious.
 
I can’t actually see why Southampton did it they had 46 games to see how Boro play they weren’t suddenly becoming a different team for the playoffs. If you watch interviews of former Forrest players the opposition were never discussed.
 
I can’t actually see why Southampton did it they had 46 games to see how Boro play they weren’t suddenly becoming a different team for the playoffs. If you watch interviews of former Forrest players the opposition were never discussed.
If you know what looks like the team you're facing you can set up for it. Hackney was a.big doubt. They could have seen any new set pieces. They might have seen who was practicing penalties and where they were putting them.

I'm starting to soften on the punishment for Eckhart. He should now only face a firing squad.
 
If you know what looks like the team you're facing you can set up for it. Hackney was a.big doubt. They could have seen any new set pieces. They might have seen who was practicing penalties and where they were putting them.

I'm starting to soften on the punishment for Eckhart. He should now only face a firing squad.
Yes for gross incompetence in spying operations
 
Yes for gross incompetence in spying operations
If the photographs are anything to go by, the spy could only have looked more conspicuously suspicious if he'd have been hanging around outside the school gates with a massive bag full of bonbons and an armload of puppies.
 
Are talksport really asking James Corden for his opinion?
I didn't think my opinion of that fucking awful radio station could get much lower but there you go.

How the mighty have fallen.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom