Match Thread Southampton FA Cup Match Thread (1 Viewer)

BornSlippySkyBlue

There must be a half and half scarf stand around here somewhere because there are multiple people walking past with scarfs. I’m sure they are all Coventry fans. How did these day trippers get tickets when do many season ticket holders missed out?

Brighton Sky Blue

There must be a half and half scarf stand around here somewhere because there are multiple people walking past with scarfs. I’m sure they are all Coventry fans. How did these day trippers get tickets when do many season ticket holders missed out?

It’s up on the bridge. Heard quite a few proud to know a few players’ names

clint van damme

Can't work out if it's Eccles and sheaf CM , then hamer and o hare attacking midfielders in a box formation

Bidwell right side , maatson left

that's how I read it, what else could it be?
Eccles RWB, Maatsen midfield? Be a strange one that.

no_loyalty

Happy with that team, assume Maasten is playing as an attacking midfielder?

Gint11

Let’s hope we get the 3 points. Cmon you Sky Blues

Evo1883

I feel like logically , it's easier to push hamer to attacking midfield , play Eccles in his natural position and play one of bidwell or maatson out of position ... rather than play 3 or 4 players out of position

Johhny Blue

Safe journey to those travelling today, and those queueing outside the pub for the 7am opening !!
Reminds me of England V Camaroon in the 2002 World Cup. It was on in the wee hours of a Sunday morning. You couldn’t buy alcohol on Sundays in Canada at the time. We had a creative landlord at our English pub who not only let a few of us sleep over in the bar but came up with a creative menu that included 4 “beverages of your choice free with your breakfast

clint van damme

Half and half scarves. Shoot me now

or better still, shoot the people wearing them.
You could end up in footballing hell today, half and half scarves in front of you and ubers talking loudly about how they went to Middlesbrough behind you, thoughts and prayers mate.

usskyblue

Heat map wise we’ll be looking something like this..

image-asset.png

shmmeee

I feel like logically , it's easier to push hamer to attacking midfield , play Eccles in his natural position and play one of bidwell or maatson out of position ... rather than play 3 or 4 players out of position

Eccles has played RWB last few games so is in that mindset. You want to play Hamer and one of the LWBs out of position. Maatsen AM, nailed on.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Gone pretty strong, but slightly odd choice. Two left sided defenders, no natural right sided one but one on the bench.

skybluegod

Eccles has played RWB last few games so is in that mindset. You want to play Hamer and one of the LWBs out of position. Maatsen AM, nailed on.

It does seem that is the case but I'm not sure he's gonna suit the role at all. Very odd with the likes of Allen, Waghorn and Jodi available.

Slowpoke suggested it the other day, and to me it's an odd idea. Fingers crossed it's a stroke of genius.

Evo1883

It does seem that is the case but I'm not sure he's gonna suit the role at all. Very odd with the likes of Allen, Waghorn and Jodi available.

Slowpoke suggested it the other day, and to me it's an odd idea. Fingers crossed it's a stroke of genius.

Eccles more defensive than Allen , possible reason to play him CM instead .

It's probably maatson AM but not what I would have done

Users who are viewing this thread