Match Thread Southampton FA Cup Match Thread (1 Viewer)

no_loyalty

Wilson
Eccles
Hyam
Rose
JCS
Maasten
Sheaf
Allen
Shipley
O’Hare
Gyo

3-1 defeat.

shmmeee

Bidwell was an unused sub for Swansea in the last round, does that make him cup tied or only if he got on the pitch?

shmmeee

Torn on this. Squad full of niggles and big league game on Tuesday vs wanting to give it our best shot.

I’d go:

Moore
Hyam Rose JCS
Eccles Allen Sheaf Bidwell
O’Hare Waghorn
Györkeres

Rest Fadz and Hamer and probably bring O’Hare off at some point.

4-0 defeat

Frostie

Bidwell was an unused sub for Swansea in the last round, does that make him cup tied or only if he got on the pitch?

Great question.
I believe he has to actually have got on to the pitch to be cup tied but could be wrong.

*EDIT
Too slow... 🙄

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Not entirely sure who is and isn't fit at the moment, so I'd make a few changes.

Wilson
Rose Fadz JCS
Eccles Sheaf Hamer Bidwell
O'Hare
Gyokeres Waghorn

Moore, Hyam Reid Shipley Allen Jones Tavares​

That's pretty much everyone who is fit outside of the U23's.

Am a bit concerned about the pace of Fadz, especially if Armstrong plays, but Hyam is hardly Speedy Gonzalez and Fadz looked a bit rusty last time so give him the minutes. Hyam has played a lot of games so could do with a rest and it keeps Rose sharp.

I was considering the box with Jones alongside O'Hare and Gyokeres alone up top but think that'd just see the ball coming back at us constantly. Plus gives time for Gyokeres and Waghorn to get that link play going again, so instead would look to bring on Jones for half an hour and give Tavares 15-20 minutes

pusbccfc

Definitely would like to see Waghorn get a start.

robbiethemole

Not looking forward to seeing Arma do to us what he used to do for us! I don't think anyone in our side can keep up with him if he gets a run at them, so probs 3-1 to them.
Memories of him destroying the Crewe centre back after giving him a 3 yard head start, can't believe it was only 15/16 season, how our fortunes have gone different ways.

steve101

Whilst there is temptation to rest our better players with the busy league schedule in mind, these same players will be desperate to showcase their abilities against premiership players. I reckon Hamer and O'Hare will start. It will be interesting to see if there was a pre-agreement for Wilson to play cup games.

SSB

There isn’t one, was hoping they’d increase his minutes but he just gets chucked on for 5 minutes whenever we’re losing.

Probably why it would make sense if he found another club in the summer. It's no good for his career to stay at the club beyond this season.

rexo87

Kane is training today going by the twitter training photos. Also, whose the guy behind Ohare with the bib on?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220203-124234_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20220203-124234_Twitter.jpg
    542.2 KB · Views: 64

SheafIsGod

4 at the back for me. We’ve played it once this season (unless I’m mistaken) for one half vs Bristol City and we scored 3 despite being down to 10 men.

Lets give it another go in a game where there is very little pressure on us

Frostie

4 at the back for me. We’ve played it once this season (unless I’m mistaken) for one half vs Bristol City and we scored 3 despite being down to 10 men.

Lets give it another go in a game where there is very little pressure on us

I've said this multiple times over the last couple of seasons but it creates far more problems than it solves imo.
Where does our attacking width come from?

SheafIsGod

I've said this multiple times over the last couple of seasons but it creates far more problems than it solves imo.
Where does our attacking width come from?
Full backs can still get forward. I’m not saying it’s the answer to our lack of goals, but I think it’s worth giving it another go

SheafIsGod

It's perfectly sensible to allow out fullbacks to get forward and only leave 2 at the back against Adam Armstrong.
Christ, if you’re cowering at the thought of Adam Armstrong (who has barely played any minutes for Soton recently), God help us if we actually get into the Premier League

Users who are viewing this thread