Sol Campbell (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

No issue with with taking puss out of obnoxious stuff. Just don't call spending out against racism "playing the card"

Greggs

No issue with with taking puss out of obnoxious stuff. Just don't call spending out against racism "playing the card"
But he didn't say he hasn't been employed because he's a bit of a cock, he's stated it's because he is black. He made colour the topic.

The Reverend Skyblue

‘I know football inside out, I will work my socks off. It’s agreat place for me to start.
You’ve got an International footballer who has been one of the best footballers in the world com8ng to your club’
If he thinks he's one of the best ever footballers I hope the local Macclesfield NHS have a good mental Health team

covcity4life

But he didn't say he hasn't been employed because he's a bit of a cock, he's stated it's because he is black. He made colour the topic.
I would say his colour played a big part so have no issue with him saying it 8th BAME in football league only

skybluegod

I would say his colour played a big part so have no issue with him saying it 8th BAME in football league only

Can you please provide evidence? Show how many black managers, of similar caliber to those managers hired, that applied? If you are going to make claims, back them up...

Greggs

So rather than appeasing racism, you're creating an issue in your head, therefore making the issue worse.

covcity4life

ok so before we get into a debate let me get this right. you 3 that quoted me are going on record as saying there is no racism in football and that there is nothing holding back BAME managers?

this is not a troll trap, i just want to confirm that you are quoting me because you believe that there is only 8 BAME managers because they are not good enough.

SkyBlueCRJ

But how he speaks out about racism is in fact obnoxious. In fact I'd go one step further and say that judging from his comments in the media and how he's expressed them he's actually extremely prejudice against a lot of white people. Understandably he may hold some anger about being racially abused in an age where the F.A. probably didn't do enough to try and put a stop to this. But a great deal of Sol Campbell's comments are about himself and his comments aren't about helping other managers get into the sport at all, on the contrary in fact as many of his rants apply to his struggles in getting into management and only himself. Plus, many of his accusations just aren't true, so if anything and as I reiterate it's reflective of the 'boy who cried wolf' scenario.

IMO he has the most conceded personality in football which is why he's a terrible advocate for racial equality in the sport - which you can see in his countless ridiculous comments that make him out to be more fool than racial equality campaigner. The only thing he's ever wanted after retiring is to become a manager, (which is fair enough) but how he's gone about doing that is bordering on the comical really. 'The race card' as you've mentioned is a term that is often thrown about far too easily and has the potential to nullify genuine race disputes. But in Campbell's case many of his claims have been him simply branding the race card as he's actually not provided any serious evidence to support his claims, nor has he taken anyone to trial to seek justice from his accusations. So how do you consider comments such as "I would've been England manager for 10 years if I'd been white" or "I'm the greatest mind in football" beneficial to the BAME cause?

John Barnes, Ian Wright and Paul Ince have all disregarded many of his comments against the F.A. and I'm sure many other BAME ex-players would've probably joined them given the chance. So if he's not being supported by his fellow compatriots then what's the reasoning behind him not receiving more support, or any support for that matter. Before you claim 'racists are rearing their ugly head' just think about your comments first as you clearly don't know anything about racial equality or racism for that matter. If you look at the work that players such as Cyril Regis has done for black people in the sport, just ask yourself, has Sol Campbell done the same or has he just been out for Sol Campbell? What does he actually do to get BAME managers into the sport apart from mouth off and brand every white chairman or the entirety of the F.A. racist?

Last edited by a moderator:

skybluegod

ok so before we get into a debate let me get this right. you 3 that quoted me are going on record as saying there is no racism in football and that there is nothing holding back BAME managers?

this is not a troll trap, i just want to confirm that you are quoting me because you believe that there is only 8 BAME managers because they are not good enough.

I think I speak for everyone, when I say NOBODY has said there is NO Racism in football. There is Racism in every walk of life.

However, from my personal perspective, i will stand by what my previous messages said: Can you please provide evidence? Show how many black managers, of similar caliber to those managers hired, that applied? If you are going to make claims, back them up...

We shouldn't be encouraging 'Black' Managers/coaches. We should just encourage coaching in general and pick the best person for the role. I am sure there are probably one or two clubs which do have racist directors. But I would also suggest there are far more that don't. So again please provide the evidence asked for.

fernandopartridge

But how he speaks out about racism is in fact obnoxious. In fact I'd go one step further and say that judging from his comments in the media and how he's expressed them he's actually extremely prejudice against a lot of white people. Understandably he may hold some anger about being racially abused in an age where the F.A. probably didn't do enough to try and put a stop to this. But a great deal of Sol Campbell's comments are about himself and his comments aren't about helping other managers get into the sport at all, on the contrary in fact as many of his rants apply to his struggles in getting into management and only himself. Plus, many of his accusations just aren't true, so if anything and as I reiterate it's reflective of the 'boy who cried wolf' scenario.

IMO he has the most conceded personality in football which is why he's a terrible advocate for racial equality in the sport - which you can see in his countless ridiculous comments that make him out to be more fool than racial equality campaigner. The only thing he's ever wanted after retiring is to become a manager, (which is fair enough) but how he's gone about doing that is bordering on the comical really. 'The race card' as you've mentioned is a term that is often thrown about far too easily and has the potential to nullify genuine race disputes. But in Campbell's case many of his claims have been him simply branding the race card as he's actually not provided any serious evidence to support his claims, nor has he taken anyone to trial to seek justice from his accusations. So how to you consider his comments such as "I would've been England manager for 10 years if I'd been white" or "I'm the greatest mind in football" beneficial to the BAME cause?

John Barnes, Ian Wright and Paul Ince have all disregarded many of his comments against the F.A. and I'm sure many other BAME ex-players would've probably joined them given the chance. So if he's not being supported by his fellow compatriots then what's the reasoning behind him not receiving more support, or any support for that matter. Before you claim 'racists are rearing their ugly head' just think about your comments first as you clearly don't know anything about racial equality or racism for that matter. If you look at the work that players such as Cyril Regis has done for black people in the sport, just ask yourself, has Sol Campbell done the same or has he just been out for Sol Campbell? What does he actually do to get BAME managers into the sport apart from mouth off and brand every white chairman or the entirety of the F.A. racist?

The only person Campbell is interested in is himself. He showed that side of his character years ago. He's a narcissist. Good player mind.

Sbarcher

Now that Stephen Hawkins has passed away, there is certainly a place now open for another great mind.......... regardless of the colour of the Hole!

covcity4life

I think I speak for everyone, when I say NOBODY has said there is NO Racism in football. There is Racism in every walk of life.

However, from my personal perspective, i will stand by what my previous messages said: Can you please provide evidence? Show how many black managers, of similar caliber to those managers hired, that applied? If you are going to make claims, back them up...

We shouldn't be encouraging 'Black' Managers/coaches. We should just encourage coaching in general and pick the best person for the role. I am sure there are probably one or two clubs which do have racist directors. But I would also suggest there are far more that don't. So again please provide the evidence asked for.
ok again to confirm you are saying unless you are given hard evidence you do not believe right now that colour is an issue for black managers?

jsut say yes or no

skybluegod

ok again to confirm you are saying unless you are given hard evidence you do not believe right now that colour is an issue for black managers?

jsut say yes or no

No you are again putting words in my mouth. People only say 'just say yes or no', when they don't have a coherent argument.

It is not THE reason they aren't getting jobs. It is a reason SOME coaches don't get SOME jobs. Again please provide evidence and stats to show how many black coaches have applied for jobs and not got them when they are better of equal quality of those appointed.

Liquid Gold

There isn't data like that available. The FA suggesting putting in place a system whereby clubs would have to report the number of BAME people that apply for positions but were shouted down by people claiming 'PC gone mad'

covcity4life

No you are again putting words in my mouth. People only say 'just say yes or no', when they don't have a coherent argument.

It is not THE reason they aren't getting jobs. It is a reason SOME coaches don't get SOME jobs. Again please provide evidence and stats to show how many black coaches have applied for jobs and not got them when they are better of equal quality of those appointed.
ok we so we both agree its a reason why SOME black managers dont get SOME jobs

so lets go back to my original post.i said i wont get on sols back for race card stuff as i have no doubt it prob has played a part in past jobs hes gone for as their is obviously a issue with not being many black managers. do not need evidence to say that, its just what i believe by putting 2 and 2 together. if you disagree with it for sol specifically then thats fine but you can provide evidence for it rather than asking to be proved wrong.

fernandopartridge

There isn't data like that available. The FA suggesting putting in place a system whereby clubs would have to report the number of BAME people that apply for positions but were shouted down by people claiming 'PC gone mad'

Why should football clubs have to go beyond the legal requirements of any other employer?

skybluegod

ok we so we both agree its a reason why SOME black managers dont get SOME jobs

so lets go back to my original post.i said i wont get on sols back for race card stuff as i have no doubt it prob has played a part in past jobs hes gone for as their is obviously a issue with not being many black managers. do not need evidence to say that, its just what i believe by putting 2 and 2 together. if you disagree with it for sol specifically then thats fine but you can provide evidence for it rather than asking to be proved wrong.

You then said this 'I would say his colour played a big part so have no issue with him saying it 8th BAME in football league only'

BIG part, so that's not some is it that's the majority.

How do we know there is an issue about the number of black managers getting jobs if there is not any evidence to support it? I cannot say it is a Football issue without the evidence, nor can i deny it. It may be issues at certain clubs, as there is in any business. But in general if 100 people apply for a ob, and only ojne is black. Then white people 99/100 get the job.

You made the claim that it is a big factor, so you need to back that up with proof? I have said that I think it is a factor for a minority of jobs, because I believe that some people are just Racist, but i don't think there is an inherent problem in the sport. You have the Burden of proof? So please do provide it, otherwise it's a claim made up in your head.

skybluegod

Okay so point proven. It's an unsubstantiated claim...

covcity4life

You then said this 'I would say his colour played a big part so have no issue with him saying it 8th BAME in football league only'

BIG part, so that's not some is it that's the majority.

How do we know there is an issue about the number of black managers getting jobs if there is not any evidence to support it? I cannot say it is a Football issue without the evidence, nor can i deny it. It may be issues at certain clubs, as there is in any business. But in general if 100 people apply for a ob, and only ojne is black. Then white people 99/100 get the job.

You made the claim that it is a big factor, so you need to back that up with proof? I have said that I think it is a factor for a minority of jobs, because I believe that some people are just Racist, but i don't think there is an inherent problem in the sport. You have the Burden of proof? So please do provide it, otherwise it's a claim made up in your head.
there is no claim, if he lost out on just 1 job he applied for due to colour it is a BIG part. i am saying if he is speaking out about it i am inclined to believe him as due to lack of other BAME managers there must be something wrong.

you have now gone back to what we all knew was your original stance which is you do not beleive there is any issue with lack of BAME managers and its just because they aint good enough. why didnt you just answer my original question about this?

you do not believe there is racism in football. you do not believe that managers may be held back by their colour.

we now know where you stand. i dont need you to prove it(because you cant). its your opinion.

Liquid Gold

Why should football clubs have to go beyond the legal requirements of any other employer?
Because football as an industry has a history of overt racism and plays a huge part in the national consciousness?

Edit, also it would be fucking great as fans to see who we've been interviewing.

Okay so point proven. It's an unsubstantiated claim...
I'm not saying it is or isn't the case in this instance. I'm saying that the data you want could have been available if people were prepared to look at the facts instead of saying people are playing the race card.

skybluegod

there is no claim, if he lost out on just 1 job he applied for due to colour it is a BIG part. i am saying if he is speaking out about it i am inclined to believe him as due to lack of other BAME managers there must be something wrong.

you have now gone back to what we all knew was your original stance which is you do not beleive there is any issue with lack of BAME managers and its just because they aint good enough. why didnt you just answer my original question about this?

you do not believe there is racism in football. you do not believe that managers may be held back by their colour.

we now know where you stand. i dont need you to prove it(because you cant). its your opinion.

No it is a small part. I would be inclined to say he didn't get the jobs because he is a massive dick.

Well no i haven't but nice try now trying to Troll because you can't prove it :) So will just leave it there I think :)

covcity4life

No it is a small part. I would be inclined to say he didn't get the jobs because he is a massive dick.

Well no i haven't but nice try now trying to Troll because you can't prove it :) So will just leave it there I think :)
nothing to prove. just like you cant prove that you dont believe him.

but one thing has been proven. your evil evil views.

shame. you seemed ok

skybluegod

Because football as an industry has a history of overt racism and plays a huge part in the national consciousness?

I'm not saying it is or isn't the case in this instance. I'm saying that the data you want could have been available if people were prepared to look at the facts instead of saying people are playing the race card.

I agree, I think it should be made available. But until it is, then how can we confirm that it is racist directors? Or if it's just the fact only 1/100 are black applicants... I will willingly call out Racism, at any point, once i have evidence, but at this time all i have seen is a lot of waffle with no substance.

skybluegod

nothing to prove. just like you cant prove that you dont believe him.

but one thing has been proven. your evil evil views.

shame. you seemed ok

I can prove that i don't believe him. I don't believe him. there i said it ;)

You are normally a much better Troll! Give it all you got!!

covcity4life

I can prove that i don't believe him. I don't believe him. there i said it ;)

You are normally a much better Troll! Give it all you got!!
lol and i believe hes probably come up against racism in football and most probably when applying for jobs too. doesnt mean sole(pardon the pun) reason he didnt get job but i BELIEVE its probably played a part so no issue with him speaking out.

none of us can prove if or if it hasnt actually happened to him tho. thats what i am disputing.

i dont agree with your views on it not being an issue but thats an opinion you are entitled too. asking me to prove something that you cannot prove the other way is why i replied.

skybluegod

lol and i believe hes probably come up against racism in football and most probably when applying for jobs too. doesnt mean sole(pardon the pun) reason he didnt get job but i BELIEVE its probably played a part so no issue with him speaking out.

none of us can prove if or if it hasnt actually happened to him tho. thats what i am disputing.

i dont agree with your views on it not being an issue but thats an opinion you are entitled too. asking me to prove something that you cannot prove the other way is why i replied.

I believe he has encountered Racism in football. Simply sue to the era he came up in. But I don't know for sure if he has or hasn't as a manager.

I agree with that, it can't be proven, but we shouldn't just believe the word of Sol. I absolutely believe there has been Racism in the past over jobs, but I do not believe it is as widespread a problem in manager appointments as is made out to be.

It is an issue, but I don't think it's THE issue. However that view would change if i saw facts details say 25% of applicants are black, if that is true then of course there should be more.

Users who are viewing this thread