So, who do we want ? (1 Viewer)

skyblue1991

Agree to some extent but goals win you promotion.Both Barnsley and Burton were bankers most weeks on my goals galore coupon as they usually conceded

Really? I seem to remember Burton winning 1-0 every week.

They had a big, tall team and played to their strengths. They had a tiny budget and yet they are now doing OK in the Championship.

We need to gain inspiration from them.

SkyBlueZack

Burton? Inspiration? Don't be so insulting. No disrespect to Burton but there not a championship side. We're Coventry City and we should at least be in their position.

Sarcasm for the Sheldon Coopers of the forum.

steve82

It's really got to me a lower league manager who understands league one and two. As TM found he's unable to get league one players to play his way so a bit more of a basic old fashioned 442 manager approach is most likely to gain a better reward in our current state.
Plus his recruitment may also reflect our clubs position in actually getting free players in who could do a job in this league to get us safe and contending.
Failing this a Lee carlsley type of ex player is most probable. Someone with nothing to loose taking a opportunity

D

Deleted member 2477

Wtf would any manager like warnock, lambert etc want to come to a club like us. Owners who havnt a clue, cant afford a pot to piss in and alienated everyone in the city including the fans.

The clubs a poison challice waiting to be put down and any manager worth his weight wouldnt want us on their cv

NorthernWisdom

I said it on another thread but... Paul Tisdale.

Looks like his lengthy time at Exeter is coming to an end, but overall has transformed them on a limited budget. Experience of this league, and the league below (useful for finding players on a budget) good rep for bringing through youngsters (useful for our side) and also builds the foundations of a club (OK, this clashes with owners) but has experience of working in chaotic situations and making the best of it (this doesn't ;)).

SkyblueBazza

Although I said the day he was appointed that for me TM was not an inspired choice, although the table doesn't lie & we are perhaps in need of a change (although I am a firm believer in continuity & sustainability) - TM IS a honourable & honest sort, & I think that until he goes we should pay him respect & continue to get behind him & the team rather than glibly suggest replacements

...onwards & upwards PUSB

afan4life

Yes I'm back from my self imposed exile by the continued drivel and crap written on this thread (and most offers tbf)by you so called CCTV fans,talking about TM as if he's gone,blaming him for our bottom of the league status and drawing up lists of replacements...amazing reading,no idea what your on but hope it wears off soon you smug deluded arseholes...with the current budget under the current owners not even guardiola could get us out of this mess but you blame only Mowbray if and when he walks it will be because he has more dignity and self worth than the entire board of Sisu and most of you put together and I guarantee you his replacement doesn't feature on any of your lists,he will be someone nobody else wants FACT
I will repeat myself ( most of you do it daily)
You Now have the Club you deserve,enjoy it while it lasts

PS
TM will have no problem finding another job and I wish him well and thank him for his effort's.....over to you Nick & Co

skybluebeduff

Steve Bruce please, although maybe unrealistic, people thought Mowbray was too and then he become manager, so anything is possible.

SkyBlueZack

A manager nobody wants? Like Mowbray was before he came here. Partly why he came here. We have quite possibly the strangest fans in the country.

eastwoodsdustman

Yes I'm back from my self imposed exile by the continued drivel and crap written on this thread (and most offers tbf)by you so called CCTV fans,talking about TM as if he's gone,blaming him for our bottom of the league status and drawing up lists of replacements...amazing reading,no idea what your on but hope it wears off soon you smug deluded arseholes...with the current budget under the current owners not even guardiola could get us out of this mess but you blame only Mowbray if and when he walks it will be because he has more dignity and self worth than the entire board of Sisu and most of you put together and I guarantee you his replacement doesn't feature on any of your lists,he will be someone nobody else wants FACT

PS
TM will have no problem finding another job and I wish him well and thank him for his effort's.....over to you Nick & Co

The most watched and spied on fans in the world:facepalm:

Captain Dart

Sky Blue Kid

Sad to say that's punching above our weight.

Jones would have taken Wolves to the Premier League undoubtedly in my mind until his private life was turned upside down. Holloway works miracles with what he's got, and Warnock..Well we all know what Warnocks like. ;)

jimmyhillsfanclub

I'd like someone we've never heard of, purely on the basis that this club has recruited so many "names" as managers who, almost to a man, have already had their one & only success....never to be repeated....

....reid, adams, dowie, coleman, boothroyd, robins, mowbray.....

What we need to do is find the manager who has yet to have his day in the sun.....

rupert_bear

I think it will be Mark Venus have said that another thread should that not be the case I would like someone who pulls no punches, I believe we have had a succession of managers who have kept their lips tight. There was a list somewhere yesterday with alsorts of names on some okay some bloody frightening to be honest. But I'm thinking Billy Davis here, I just couldn't imagine him holding back from berating our owner, chairman, c.e.o. if they renaged on promises. He puts mean teams together too.

jimmyhillsfanclub

I said it on another thread but... Paul Tisdale.

Looks like his lengthy time at Exeter is coming to an end, but overall has transformed them on a limited budget. Experience of this league, and the league below (useful for finding players on a budget) good rep for bringing through youngsters (useful for our side) and also builds the foundations of a club (OK, this clashes with owners) but has experience of working in chaotic situations and making the best of it (this doesn't ;)).

Hes got a few nifty bits of knitwear too........and its just coming into jumper season.....fucking love it.

jackdg

Pressley's odds have been slashed to 6/4... in a way, on some level, wouldn't that be hilarious!

Moff

PS

I wasn't sure to believe what you said, but as you said FACT in capital letters now I do.

Users who are viewing this thread