Lambert
McDermott
Pearson
Powell
Robins
Warnock
Wise

anyone else ?

Mowbray to stay? To be honest don't think any one will come in and make a difference. Had a good, honest( rare quality it seems these days) manager who tried to play and win the right way. The only good thing if Mowbray has gone is that it confirms the utter shambles we have become, will ramp up the pressure on Sisu and will hopefully hasten their exit. Their resignation is really the only one that will change things.

Last edited:

Johnnythespider

It has to be somebody whose name fits the
Insert name sky blue army song, other than that I couldn't give a toss really

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Captain Dart

image-6-for-coventry-city-contender-tim-sherwood-gallery-520523414.jpg

OMG, twitter rumour.. hope its someone taking the piss.

Martin180

Off that list...Honestly none of them. We need something different, all of the above have all failed recently and have been going round the managers merry go round far too long.

I'd much prefer somebody with a bit of passion, and hunger, maybe from a lower league. Who that is I have no idea but we need something to change.
Paul tisdale?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Always been a fan of him , would have him above the long list of managerial failures in the opening post

dongonzalos

Mowbray to be talked around. If not pay Luton compo for Nathan Jones.
Knows how to develop youngsters and will have fresh hunger and new ideas.

Sky Blue Dal

Will it make any difference who we get in? ...Doubt it.

Remind me how many managers is it now in the last 9 years??

The club is flat lining and there is no manager in the world who can do anything for us.

Liquid Gold

Why have you all just listed a bunch of managers either completely out of our league (Allardyce & Giggs ffs!) or ones that have failures on their CV. We should be looking at up and coming managers from a league or two below, someone who would be honoured to manage a club of our size, used to dealing with lower league players and the budget being a step up.

Hobo

I really don't think it wI'll make a lot of difference who we get.

rupert_bear

That list of managers is all well and good but all would want their own role in, atleast an assistant, first team coach and probably another coach, won't happen with sisu now could appoint within Oggy, Clapham , Ricketts ! I'm
!

Gazolba

What is Gianluca Vialli doing these days?

hutch1972

Anyone who realises you have to bully your way out of this league !, only Wigan ( after spending a couple of mill ) have really footballed themselves to promotion. The vast majority pack the side with players who would not be out of place playing rugby.
Looking at all our sides over them past 5 or 6 years , you can't fail to notice how weak and feeble we have been.
Warnock for me ! Horrible obnoxious bastard but knows how to produce no nonsense winning teams at this level.

Nick

Administrator
Anyone who realises you have to bully your way out of this league !, only Wigan ( after spending a couple of mill ) have really footballed themselves to promotion. The vast majority pack the side with players who would not be out of place playing rugby.
Looking at all our sides over them past 5 or 6 years , you can't fail to notice how weak and feeble we have been.
Warnock for me ! Horrible obnoxious bastard but knows how to produce no nonsense winning teams at this level.

Agree with that, only need to see tonight for proof of that.

Martin180

Absolute Nonsense , you can go back as far as Southampton to last seasons Barnsley and Burton Albion to see that footballing sides still get promoted

hutch1972

Absolute Nonsense , you can go back as far as Southampton to last seasons Barnsley and Burton Albion to see that footballing sides still get promoted
Barnsley and Burton are you serious ? If that was your idea of good football you must be easily pleased.
I would say that Burton were the most boring and defensive side I seen all last season.

Terry Gibson's perm

We don't need a whole team of thugs just a couple would help and also somebody like Wise who used to help the ref do his job.

Martin180

Barnsley and Burton are you serious ? If that was your idea of good football you must be easily pleased.
I would say that Burton were the most boring and defensive side I seen all last season.
My comment was regarding the belief that hoofball is the way to get promotion , Burton played to their strengths but they played decent football and continue to do so

Nick

Administrator
My comment was regarding the belief that hoofball is the way to get promotion , Burton played to their strengths but they played decent football and continue to do so

Burton were strong, they were very direct and when winning they just parked the bus to get the win.

They played to their strengths for the players they had, the had a game plan, every player had a job to do.

hutch1972

A strong back line is always the basis for a promotion team and considering our last 2 managers were decent defenders themselves , we for the most part have been disastrous.

Martin180

A strong back line is always the basis for a promotion team and considering our last 2 managers were decent defenders themselves , we for the most part have been disastrous.
Agree to some extent but goals win you promotion.Both Barnsley and Burton were bankers most weeks on my goals galore coupon as they usually conceded

Nick

Administrator
Agree to some extent but goals win you promotion.Both Barnsley and Burton were bankers most weeks on my goals galore coupon as they usually conceded

Burton scored less than us last year. They also conceded the least goals in the league.

hutch1972

I agree you don't have to play hoof ball, but likewise playing pretty little patterns all day won't cut the mustard either.
Still disagree about Burton though , they did play to Their strengths which was put 10 men behind the ball and hit the big man when possible.

Nick

Administrator

Users who are viewing this thread