SISU ready to sell? (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

We'll all happily be correct hammerman!

giphy.gif

Skybluemichael

He a football financial expert who lectures at a top financial university. I’m not sure why you think he doesn’t know what he’s on about. The piece in about 2 minutes long just saying that Sisu are looking to sell. What did he get wrong?
Well first of all he called it a loan so the average person is gonna think it’s from a bank or something like that but it’s a bond where the most would be wasps fans investing and wasps a basically not paying there own fans back would make a better story

oldfiver

He a football financial expert who lectures at a top financial university. I’m not sure why you think he doesn’t know what he’s on about. The piece in about 2 minutes long just saying that Sisu are looking to sell. What did he get wrong?

Does he give any evidence to show he is right?

Nick

Administrator

He regularly shows he doesnt know what hes on about.

Skybluemichael

Also it was the first retail bond in sport and the first to default but to use the umbrella term of loan is a bit lazy, ever heard the saying those that can’t do teach if he was any good at what he does he wouldn’t be teaching

Nick

Administrator
Also it was the first retail bond in sport and the first to default but to use the umbrella term of loan is a bit lazy, ever heard the saying those that can’t do teach if he was any good at what he does he wouldn’t be teaching

Bad times when you have a bellend like me with basic GCSE's correcting a so called "expert".

Next up, brain surgery.

Skybluemichael

Does dyslexia affect punctuation?
Well clearly does. You wouldn’t believe the amount of times I start writing a reply to someone and I don’t send it because I can’t be bothered with haha you miss a comer or he put there instead of their what a fool. Look at the shit that bloke who reported from the match used to get for his spelling, had 11 years of it I don’t need the hassle

CDK

Getting away from subject I don't know much about grammer,
I'm thinking when we signed this new agreement with the insects part of the deal was pitch maintenance I thought but it seems a row is brewing for the first home game about a breach of the agreement that there hasn't been a pitch replacement as per the agreement.
It's looks to me we signed the agreement in good faith because wasps wanted some ready cash money up front to help keep them going for another season and good PR in the short term.

Great_Expectations

If happily sell our soul. We’ve been out the premiership for over 20 years, we’ve won 1 cup final in our history, I’d be prepared to give it up for success and something we could really get around.

Melbourne Heart became Melbourne City when they were took over by the Man City group and nobody cared but football is a lot less cared about here. They were garbage and now doing much better and won the league relatively recently so was worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Genuinely no personal offence to you as a poster, and everyone is entitled to their view.

But that post is absolutely mental.

robbiethemole

the deluded wankers on their board don't see any issues in the pitch. It's ok for 2 tonnes of beef stampeding on it, I suppose

Calista

Didn’t Jimmy Hill ditch a lot of the club’s history (Bantams etc.) when he launched the Sky Blues? That worked out pretty well, and effectively created an instant tradition that still defines the club today. No doubt some of the older fans at that time hated all the new-fangled ideas and the publicity bandwagon, but the city as a whole went mad for it.

I seem to think he wanted to change our name to Coventry Talbot at one point, but the league (rightly) wouldn’t let him!

“Selling your soul” is unacceptable – but there are ways to re-imagine something and take it forward without completely losing its identity.

If we ever get new owners, I’d be surprised if they tried anything as revolutionary as JH, who ended up with a statue.

Alkhen

Would they actually be allowed to rename a club and add a company name in the UK?

I wouldn't have thought you could but then I remembered in Wales there is Airbus United and (formerly) Total Network Solutions

I could hack Redbull as owners if they left the name and badge alone. Brand the stadium and kits whatever but name and badge are off limits.

Last edited:

mark82

Would they actually be allowed to rename a club and add a company name in the UK?

I wouldn't have thought you could but then I remembered in Wales there is Airbus United and (formerly) Total Network Solutions

I could hack Redbull as owners if they left the name and badge alone. Brand the stadium and kits whatever but name and badge are off limits.

Which obviously rules them out.

NortonSkyBlue

We knew about the commonwealth games when we returned, we knew it was going to be an issue. Move on, play the game like we have always done and don’t go looking for someone to blame.

slowpoke

Didn’t Jimmy Hill ditch a lot of the club’s history (Bantams etc.) when he launched the Sky Blues? That worked out pretty well, and effectively created an instant tradition that still defines the club today. No doubt some of the older fans at that time hated all the new-fangled ideas and the publicity bandwagon, but the city as a whole went mad for it.

I seem to think he wanted to change our name to Coventry Talbot at one point, but the league (rightly) wouldn’t let him!

“Selling your soul” is unacceptable – but there are ways to re-imagine something and take it forward without completely losing its identity.

If we ever get new owners, I’d be surprised if they tried anything as revolutionary as JH, who ended up with a statue.
It wasn’t Jimmy Hill who changed us to the Sky Blues it was the local football correspodant Derek Henderson (Nemo) as he was known as.
Story goes we had a new kit which came in a lighter blue than it was supposed to have been we won our opening match v Notts County in front a then massive crowd for us 22000 which we won 2-0 and I thing Nemo put the words Sky Blue on the Pink headline.

fernandopartridge

He made a complete nause of analysing some accounts a few years ago or at best misrepresentated they showed

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread