SISU ready to sell? (2 Viewers)

Winny the Bish

Would they actually be allowed to rename a club and add a company name in the UK?

I wouldn't have thought you could but then I remembered in Wales there is Airbus United and (formerly) Total Network Solutions

I could hack Redbull as owners if they left the name and badge alone. Brand the stadium and kits whatever but name and badge are off limits.
They wouldn't be able to change the team name. Hull were stopped from changing their name to Hull Tigers, no chance is RB Coventry getting allowed.

Calista

It wasn’t Jimmy Hill who changed us to the Sky Blues it was the local football correspodant Derek Henderson (Nemo) as he was known as.
Story goes we had a new kit which came in a lighter blue than it was supposed to have been we won our opening match v Notts County in front a then massive crowd for us 22000 which we won 2-0 and I thing Nemo put the words Sky Blue on the Pink headline.
Interesting to hear that story about the origins of the term “Sky Blues”, and I didn’t realise it might have been almost an accidental change initially. But I was referring to the way JH pushed that new identity and revolutionised the club, and how keen he was to break with its previous traditions if that was the way to bring success.

Gynnsthetonic

Would they actually be allowed to rename a club and add a company name in the UK?

I wouldn't have thought you could but then I remembered in Wales there is Airbus United and (formerly) Total Network Solutions
I could hack Redbull as owners if they left the name and badge alone. Brand the stadium and kits whatever but name and badge are off limits.
The streets and pubs of Total Network Solutions must have been crazy when they won the league.

kg82

Well clearly does. You wouldn’t believe the amount of times I start writing a reply to someone and I don’t send it because I can’t be bothered with haha you miss a comer or he put there instead of their what a fool. Look at the shit that bloke who reported from the match used to get for his spelling, had 11 years of it I don’t need the hassle
Wait up just a second, this started with you mocking a whole profession!

slowpoke

Interesting to hear that story about the origins of the term “Sky Blues”, and I didn’t realise it might have been almost an accidental change initially. But I was referring to the way JH pushed that new identity and revolutionised the club, and how keen he was to break with its previous traditions if that was the way to bring success.
Without doubt JH latched on to it and the two words Sky Blue associated with CCFC was bounced all over the press in no time, I remember Hill saying years after that the shade of blue they had gone for was known as Coventry blue which is in between royal blue and sky blue but turned up much nearer sky blue, it took on and the phrase the Sky Blues was born.
JH was the master at that time of grasping the nettle.

Brighton Sky Blue

Na just dyslexia if I could have a blue badge on social media I would stop people mocking my disability I would

Well clearly does. You wouldn’t believe the amount of times I start writing a reply to someone and I don’t send it because I can’t be bothered with haha you miss a comer or he put there instead of their what a fool. Look at the shit that bloke who reported from the match used to get for his spelling, had 11 years of it I don’t need the hassle

The posts weren’t to do with dyslexia but you deciding to rip on a profession. Normally not bothered at all with how people construct their posts but you opened with ‘those who can’t teach’.

As you were

Samo

So... still no comment from the club on the Times article
And no official comment on the COH injury. (unless I missed it?)
The silence is deafening.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Seem to remember our chairman Mr Fisher a few years ago saying "We are going to keep the fans up to date on what is happening""since then we have been informed even less and never hear from him at all mind you his input we can do without.I think communications between club and fans must be the worst in the country thank goodness for this forum otherwise most of us would know F--c A-l

Skyblue_CP

Seem to remember our chairman Mr Fisher a few years ago saying "We are going to keep the fans up to date on what is happening""since then we have been informed even less and never hear from him at all mind you his input we can do without.I think communications between club and fans must be the worst in the country thank goodness for this forum otherwise most of us would know F--c A-l
The less we hear from him the better, I like to imagine he just doesn’t have anything to do with the club anymore. When it comes to supporter relations he has to be the worst in the country.

oldfiver

oldfiver

I suggest there is no comment on the Times article as SISU did not initiate it?

It's an old reporters trick - issue a spurious report to get a reaction that only leads to more spurious questioning

Grendel

I suggest there is no comment on the Times article as SISU did not initiate it?

It's an old reporters trick - issue a spurious report to get a reaction that only leads to more spurious questioning

oh come on this is classic Seppalla behaviour

Hobo

oh come on this is classic Seppalla behaviour

Do you mean classic organisation speak, "We don't comment on speculation."

Especially specultation started by ourselves 😂

Grendel

Sorry G - what is? Is it like you spinning a tale and when challenged you either ignore it or try a deflection?

where there is an opportunity to create distress and uncertainty is what she thrives on. It’s why she’s here in the first place. She will be preying on the potential dead wasps carcass and do anything to speed it along

Skybluebeliever

where there is an opportunity to create distress and uncertainty is what she thrives on. It’s why she’s here in the first place. She will be preying on the potential dead wasps carcass and do anything to speed it along
I think both parties could be in possible trouble and it will interesting how this plays out , I think SISU tried to get a head start with the article this week . The pitch debacle shows how far apart they are

skybluepm2

I think both parties could be in possible trouble and it will interesting how this plays out , I think SISU tried to get a head start with the article this week . The pitch debacle shows how far apart they are

When you state that we could be in trouble, how bad are we talking? Potential administration bad?

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Sounds like he’s hinting we might be getting turfed out again.
Can’t see wasps getting out of that one on the good PR side this time if that’s the case. Even the telegraph appears to be turning on them (at the speed of a tanker like!)

not sure how we could be turfed out though. Unless we’ve stopped paying rent

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

So what you’re saying is - there is legs to us being open to a sale? SISU not stumping up anymore cash, and now we’ve not got a player sale, we’re not covering our overheads?

mark82

Can’t see wasps getting out of that one on the good PR side this time if that’s the case. Even the telegraph appears to be turning on them (at the speed of a tanker like!)

not sure how we could be turfed out though. Unless we’ve stopped paying rent

Feels like the relationship has soured a little.

Grendel

@Evo1883

Users who are viewing this thread