SISU ready to sell? (4 Viewers)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Hull aren't infinitely smaller than us.
I would say they are, we’ve spent more seasons in the top 2 divisions than them, our average is usually bigger than theirs in general. We’ve won more than them.

we’re better and bigger than them in every possible metric other than biggest transfer paid and received.

they’re a similar club to Wigan and Bournemouth in terms of stature, who again I wouldn’t say we’re bigger than us

Skyblue_CP

I would say they are, we’ve spent more seasons in the top 2 divisions than them, our average is usually bigger than theirs in general. We’ve won more than them.

we’re better and bigger than them in every possible metric other than biggest transfer paid and received.

they’re a similar club to Wigan and Bournemouth in terms of stature, who again I wouldn’t say we’re bigger than us

Bournemouth we’re nobody’s until Demin turned up. They spent their whole history floating around L1/L2 and the national league

Skyblue_CP

You can’t live in the past of what was 30-40 years ago. We need to attract new fans, the kids of today. They aren’t aware of the old days, the premier league days, the days of highfield road.

Yeah the history is good for people who remember it but we need to grow our fan base and history 30 years ago isn’t it. It’s a business!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand the want for success, anyone and everyone would wants success for their team. I’d rather live in hope and one day do it as Coventry City. Instead of rip the very history and soul out of the club we all fell in love with all the way down to the Sky Blue, than become a franchise club called Rasenballsport Coventry at the Red Bull Arena running around in red and white. The day that happened would be the death of Coventry City.

Brighton Sky Blue

You can’t live in the past of what was 30-40 years ago. We need to attract new fans, the kids of today. They aren’t aware of the old days, the premier league days, the days of highfield road.

Yeah the history is good for people who remember it but we need to grow our fan base and history 30 years ago isn’t it. It’s a business!

There is the alternative of being a hipster club like St Pauli/Union Berlin/Paris FC. Plus with leafy Leamington so close the fan base is already established.

MacReady

There is the alternative of being a hipster club like St Pauli/Union Berlin/Paris FC. Plus with leafy Leamington so close the fan base is already established.
First time I’ve heard anyone consider anywhere near Cov ‘Leafy’. That said we did for a period live in Weddington, Nuneaton which definitely had at least one tree. But then we ended up back in the pits on Arbery Road (or whatever it’s called).

Bad Boy

Does that apply to everything that's over 30 years old? Rip it out, cancel it, pretend it didn't happen.
Jeez, I wouldn't want to live in your world.

Reactions: KAB

Grendel

alexccfc99

The amount of people who are happy to take Mike Ashley at this football club is fecking worryingo_O

I'd rather keep SISU

Grendel

alexccfc99

You could bid goodbye to Robins, look at how Keegan left Newcastle in 2008 and you will see why. He doesn't like his managers having lots of control, brings his own cronies in (Llambias, Charnley, Dennis Wise, Joe Kinnear etc.) - Why do you think he was happy to let Rafa Benitez walk out the door and replace him with Steve Bruce

Not to mention the dreadful and tacky Sports Direct logo being plastered everywhere

Hobo

He has form for falling out and sacking popular figures and then appointing people like Joe Kinnear.

Half his management decisions seem like they were made after an afternoon bender down the pub?

alexccfc99

He has form for falling out and sacking popular figures and then appointing people like Joe Kinnear.

Half his management decisions seem like they were made after an afternoon bender down the pub?

His decision to buy Newcastle United was made in the pub apparently😆

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Christian Horner is a Coventry fan right, he could put a word in with Red Bull not to change our name when they buy us 😎
Christian "give us just one more lap, that's all we need" cheating bastard Horner can fuck off.

hammerman

A little bit about sisu I the price of football, he doesn’t really know what he’s talking about

He a football financial expert who lectures at a top financial university. I’m not sure why you think he doesn’t know what he’s on about. The piece in about 2 minutes long just saying that Sisu are looking to sell. What did he get wrong?

chiefdave

He a football financial expert who lectures at a top financial university. I’m not sure why you think he doesn’t know what he’s on about. The piece in about 2 minutes long just saying that Sisu are looking to sell. What did he get wrong?
Isn't this the chap that has regularly had to be corrected by our supporters over the basic financial facts about the club and always takes it badly when he's shown to be wrong?

Sky Blue Pete

Maybe that they aren’t

hammerman

Isn't this the chap that has regularly had to be corrected by our supporters over the basic financial facts about the club and always takes it badly when he's shown to be wrong?
Not that I’m aware of. When was that? I’ve listened to the podcast for months and everything that they have predicted has come to fruition. I’ll happily be correct

Users who are viewing this thread