SISU OUT PROTEST- CHARLTON AWAY! (1 Viewer)

italiahorse

If every game had protests wasps out banners sky blue memorabilia plastered everywhere do you think they would stay?

Yes of course they would. What a silly thing to stay.
In fact it would probably be the end of us as they have all the facilities we need to survive.
Are there many people still thinking this is a plan ?

Nick

Administrator
Talk of lack of protest from Wasp fans re their move to the Ricoh, big difference is they were always likely to move from Wycombe and had explored a number of options, remember they had been there 10 years 30 odd miles from their original London base so a 70 mile move further north or face the prospect of folding was perhaps better received from their fan base than we realise.
Yet people justify it...

They had to move here or go bust..

So when wasps kick us out, you will be ok with us moving 80 miles?

Nick

Administrator
Total agree the only way to get our owners to relinquish CCFC is give them something they can sell! Fill the stadium every home game which increases the revenue TM can spend on better players and get promotion
And show potential buyers what they can have...

chiefdave

Wasps are easy to protest against. Look at the panic when the academy news first broke and there was talk of protests against them.

CCC would need a more targeted approach pressuring individual members. Fear of losing their seats is the only thing that will get them to help the club. Also need to keep an eye on any taxpayers money being awarded to the likes of CSF or City of Rugby and if it ends up contributing towards Wasps plans.

Not sure CSF would care too much about any protest or negative publicity. Not sure how we could go after them.

With SISU we would need to attack their business side. Turning up at a closed office or waving a SISU Out banner in the ground will do nothing. If their financial papers start highlighting the situation it might start to impact on their business. A key thing here though is there needs to be a plan in place for if SISU go. Lets say they walk tomorrow and place us into administration, what then?

chiefdave

We need to accept that Wasps are here to stay and we won't change that. Any plans for change needs to reflect they are going to be here for a long time.
We are not going to get rid of them so we need to work with them as they now have all the facilities we require.
So you don't think if attendances drop to below, lets say 5K, and people stop spending money at games or attending other events there it would have zero impact on Wasps?

Nick

Administrator
Wasps are easy to protest against. Look at the panic when the academy news first broke and there was talk of protests against them.

CCC would need a more targeted approach pressuring individual members. Fear of losing their seats is the only thing that will get them to help the club. Also need to keep an eye on any taxpayers money being awarded to the likes of CSF or City of Rugby and if it ends up contributing towards Wasps plans.

Not sure CSF would care too much about any protest or negative publicity. Not sure how we could go after them.

With SISU we would need to attack their business side. Turning up at a closed office or waving a SISU Out banner in the ground will do nothing. If their financial papers start highlighting the situation it might start to impact on their business. A key thing here though is there needs to be a plan in place for if SISU go. Lets say they walk tomorrow and place us into administration, what then?
Csf - hammer their centres....

Terry Gibson's perm

I always believe there will be a buyer if the price is right and hope that is not a fan buyout as we can't agree on here imagine if we owned the club.

Terry Gibson's perm

In fact it would probably be the end of us as they have all the facilities we need to survive.

Do we not have a contract there that Wasps would have to break to remove us they must like these trips to court nearly as much as Sisu.

Grendel

So you don't think protest influences behaviour?

chiefdave

I always believe there will be a buyer if the price is right and hope that is not a fan buyout as we can't agree on here imagine if we owned the club.
I'm not so sure. Even if SISU walked away and there was zero debt why would you buy CCFC, even if debt free for the infamous £1, over any other club?

italiahorse

But that is what will happen when it does so may as well be a pain while we are there.

Or we could work something out ?
Sounds like most the 17 points are agreed for continuing at the Ricoh. The academy seems possible but just need to get round a table.

italiahorse

Culture infers a respect for history and tradition.

You mean to tell me that the people running this city demonstrate that?

The race to the bottom has been won already by these insipid individuals.

What, at any cost to the public purse?
No we should strive to get to their level rather than bring them down to ours.

Nick

Administrator
No you need to pillow talk your man at Sisu first as the Legals are pausing the process. ;)
Of course they are, because they didn't know about the legal stuff when they started the negotiations did they?

Clever way to put blame on the club though, that way they can either hold the club to ransom and say they want silly money, or just keep finding other reasons to let it run down...

The same as they will just let the academy run down with the old door is open, kicking barn the nights stuff. Just enough to look helpful, so our fans go mad for it and come on here to say they do nothing wrong and are helpful.

It's just a bit obvious isn't it

stupot07

Or we could work something out ?
Sounds like most the 17 points are agreed for continuing at the Ricoh. The academy seems possible but just need to get round a table.
How can we work things out at the Ricoh when wasps won't speak to us? And the noise thing is bollocks in my mind, its all a delaying tactic in order to put the club in a position that they have no choice but agree an unaffordable and substantially more expensive deal. Win/win for them lose/lose for us

The academy isn't possible, we can use the barn so everything else will need to be off site. Wasps will be getting just shy of £100k pa for a time when they will struggle to get bookings if/when we do concede. Win/win for them lose/lose for us

You keep saying race to the bottom, the only club going to the bottom is us, because wasps have made sure they have all the cards and are happy to shit on us.

Dont let that bother you when you're waving that flag with your new mates

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

italiahorse

Of course they are, because they didn't know about the legal stuff when they started the negotiations did they?

Clever way to put blame on the club though.

I'd make an educated guess that some of the 17 points are impacted by the Legals. Certainly will if JR2 gets off the ground.

stupot07

I'd make an educated guess that some of the 17 points are impacted by the Legals. Certainly will if JR2 gets off the ground.
I'd imagine, non of them are. Its our list not theirs.

You keep making excuses for your new mates.

Grendel

No you are a wasps fan and want them to stay. Stop making up bullshit and just admit that

Ian1779

And what cost would that be exactly??
Remind me in all the ways that this arrangement has contributed to the public purse.

You're clutching at straws.

italiahorse

How can we work things out at the Ricoh when wasps won't speak to us? And the noise thing is bollocks in my mind, its all a delaying tactic in order to put the club in a position that they have no choice but agree an unaffordable and substantially more expensive deal. Win/win for them lose/lose for us

The academy isn't possible, we can use the barn so everything else will need to be off site. Wasps will be getting just shy of £100k pa for a time when they will struggle to get bookings if/when we do concede. Win/win for them lose/lose for us

You keep saying race to the bottom, the only club going to the bottom is us, because wasps have made sure they have all the cards and are happy to shit on us.

Dont let that bother you when you're waving that flag with your new mates

Yes, some pitches and offices will need to be offsite but pitches spread around the city instead of at one site has advantages.
In fact the facilities at Ryton are not in use when schools out.
They block book 3 months at a time now so it's just excuses.
£100K sounds value for money to me. What do they pay now ?

Ian1779

17 seems to be a number that Wasps like to work with.

Shame they didn't stick with it when working out how far away from their heritage they should go.

Nick

Administrator
How do you suggest then? They have a council and csf pushing them up. We have all 3 pushing us down.

Even if sisu went tomorrow... We are still under their control

italiahorse

And what cost would that be exactly??
Remind me in all the ways that this arrangement has contributed to the public purse.

You're clutching at straws.
So are you saying that an empty stadium and lack of business in the area is better than the vibrant position now?

Users who are viewing this thread