SISU OUT PROTEST- CHARLTON AWAY! (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
But what does protesting about everybody achieve? There has to be some aim to it all, otherwise all parties will just stick their head in the sand til it all blows over. Someone has to be made to feel accountable during a protest otherwise it's just a massive fuck off group hug for Cov fans!

So do protests aimed at each party as well, where it will hurt that party...

Kingokings204

We do have fickle support.

Look at last season, 18k against Burton and went down to 9k when it went dour.

Do you see the likes of Sheffield United do that? No, they get 18k week in week out whether they win lose or draw.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Yeah I agree with that. But then they haven't had such poor seasons as ours for the last 20 years. Moved home etc. slightly different tbf but get your point.

For me, reading this thread it seems massive protests at the Ricoh both at wasps games and ccfc games.

At wasps games either cover the turnstiles with sky blue ribbons and fans and explain to wasps fans that they are killing ccfc as some wasps fans genuinely don't know that. I know a wasps supporter and he goes because he likes rugby but he doesn't understand or think about how it hurts ccfc a club from the city. Either that or us ccfc fans buy ticket for a block or two of the Ricoh and sing skyblues songs and stage a peaceful protest that way. Big banners. Apart from giving wasps money it would be amazing. Up for both of these ideas.

Also at ccfc games this year let's sing about wasps. Songs about how to tell them to piss off and they don't belong here. "Wasps is a shithole I want to this to be our home" some thing like that.

As Grendel says if we did all this big and properly then this wouldn't last seasons out. Done properly.

Maybe even chuck in a council house protest.

Any other ideas? Let's do this I say

Liquid Gold

I think some sort of action at a Wasps game could be very productive for us, as someone said they care massively about publicity so can you imagine if we got something snowballing. Articles on the telegraph, interviews, push the message that Wasps are taking our future away.

The problem we have though is the fracture in our fan base. An anti Wasps protest would be seen by some as legitimising (or letting of the hook) of SISU's actions. How do we bridge that gap?

Songs at games need to bring us together, when fans sing "we want SISU out" it should be followed by "we want Wasps out" and "this is our home" - surely nobody can be against that. All around the Ricoh sky blue everything, we need to build a positive fan identity again, we're the sky blue army and nothing will beat us mentality, fuck SISU, fuck Wasps, fuck the council and their cronies.

We need to be realistic and maintain objectivity, the academy is such a good aim, nobody can argue with trying to keep our academy alive, people who say things like "SISU said they will build their own - liars" should be told "yeah, SISU are scumbags and Wasps are taking advantage of it so lets fuck them both and do this without them". By doing that, keeping on message and pushing for our academy we could build a strong fan movement that, if we managed to save the academy, could look forwards at other ways to improve things for us. The Trust by being so partisan throughout this won't be able to fill this role, we have to do it ourselves.

dongonzalos

So we turn up at sisu HQ (is it a Saturday so is closed?) shout sisu out and the whole Sepella empire crumbles in front of us?

I'm in

Better option do nothing, even worse encourage them not to agree rent deals, support their crazy stupid antagonistic tactics. Pretend that their decisions are the best for CCFC and keep sinking merrily to the bottom
I'm in

rupert_bear

Any organised protests has to start against sisu, in my opinion they are the common denominator in the all round running of our club from transfer deadlines to Northampton, failure to secure the Ricoh to the Acadamy situation, protest to others in the loop can come later. Sisu hate negative publicity, bad for business. Remember the Sixfields debacle, it wasn't until negative publicity nationwide including Government interest that Sepalla came out the woodwork. We need to highlite our ground predicament soon that will also put Wasps on the spot re continuing to allow us to play there, that has become more important than the Academy situation but that could be helped too Wasps won't want negatative publicity either.

skyblue1991

Yeah I agree with that. But then they haven't had such poor seasons as ours for the last 20 years. Moved home etc. slightly different tbf but get your point.
How about 27k against Gillingham on a Friday night on Sky (which we won) and then 11.5k the weekend after on a Saturday against Yeovil.

If you are talking the last 20 years we have been in the top flight more than Sheffield United in that time. We have been in higher leagues than Sheff Utd in that time.

Sheffield United have a better fan base than us and always will have. Unless we stick with the team through thick and thin that isn't going to change.

D

Deleted member 2477

Theres also two clubs in their city and both clubs still have have far better attendencies than us

Kingokings204

How about 27k against Gillingham on a Friday night on Sky (which we won) and then 11.5k the weekend after on a Saturday against Yeovil.

If you are talking the last 20 years we have been in the top flight more than Sheffield United in that time. We have been in higher leagues than Sheff Utd in that time.

Sheffield United have a better fan base than us and always will have. Unless we stick with the team through thick and thin that isn't going to change.

No I as I said before i get it we do have a fickle support but most clubs do and whilst I agree with your points I think you miss my point perhaps on how badly fans have been treated over the last 5-6 years whilst more years than that having not a sniff of success. That was my point.

27k at gillingham was seen as a one off although keeping it would of been great.

I tell you one thing for certain we keep winning and top of the league ish we will keep increasing and increasing crowds.

Kingokings204

I really think wasps games are the way to go. Can you imagine a massive game between wasps and Leicester say and we all get to together and paint the Ricoh sky blue as it were with ribbons and flyers and fans in Cov shirts.

Wow what a statement.

skybluepm2

Some good points and suggestions made to the OP which should give him a bit of food for thought.

What it needs is numbers and lots of publicity, particularly getting the media on board. It may not achieve much in terms of removing SISU but we need our voices heard once more after another dismal 12 months off the field, one huge effort on a particular game this season if at all.

The suggestion of using Charlton away had me thinking, that they are not in an all too dissimilar situation to ourselves with their foreign owners also seemingly running them into the ground. They had a few decent protests of their own last year which got a sizable amount of attention in the press.

If this is going to go ahead, why not channel it through the Trust early enough so that they can get in touch with Charlton's equivalent to carry out a joint demonstration before and after the game. Get the press involved, build it up through the CT etc so the focus is truly on shite football club owners. Visiting their offices on a Saturday will do very little in my opinion.

Hobo

I'm absolutely amazed that wasps support haven't protested after been moved 100 miles

I joined their forum expecting mass protests. There was a few moans which soon dissolved. First Wasps did a good PR campaign with them and explained the necessity of the move (?). They then realised getting to the Ricoh was as easy as any other venue they had used in recent history. It was also clear they thought all Coventry City fans were moronic thugs. As I have never had any interest in Wasps other than to support them if they objected to being moved, I left the forum.

stupot07

I joined their forum expecting mass protests. There was a few moans which soon dissolved. First Wasps did a good PR campaign with them and explained the necessity of the move (?). They then realised getting to the Ricoh was as easy as any other venue they had used in recent history. It was also clear they thought all Coventry City fans were moronic thugs. As I have never had any interest in Wasps other than to support them if they objected to being moved, I left the forum.
Yeah, they have a lot of distain for our club and our fans.

I still can't believe we've never protested against the move and that the Trust top brass went to their first game.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hobo

Some probably can't, let's not pretend it's like that for everybody though. They could get a season ticket for 35 a month.

Many can't go due to work commitments (me), many are genuinely sick of the politics and SISU management style (wife ex season ticket holder).

Liquid Gold

Any organised protests has to start against sisu, in my opinion they are the common denominator in the all round running of our club from transfer deadlines to Northampton, failure to secure the Ricoh to the Acadamy situation, protest to others in the loop can come later. Sisu hate negative publicity, bad for business. Remember the Sixfields debacle, it wasn't until negative publicity nationwide including Government interest that Sepalla came out the woodwork. We need to highlite our ground predicament soon that will also put Wasps on the spot re continuing to allow us to play there, that has become more important than the Academy situation but that could be helped too Wasps won't want negatative publicity either.

I disagree on this, I think especially the protests at SISU HQ have been done and shown to be pointless. I think a good way of moving past this would be for those who want to protest against SISU to do and those who want to protest against Wasps/CCC to do so but most importantly they should have the support of the other side. So if you sort some action against SISU you can do so without the worry that some are going to kick off about it, same for me and Wasps. The thing we would need to do is bang on academy academy academy, not Northampton or relegation because thinking becomes confused and the message diluted.

rupert_bear

Talk of lack of protest from Wasp fans re their move to the Ricoh, big difference is they were always likely to move from Wycombe and had explored a number of options, remember they had been there 10 years 30 odd miles from their original London base so a 70 mile move further north or face the prospect of folding was perhaps better received from their fan base than we realise.

Warwickhunt

Hi All,
As we all no Sisu have been running this football club into the ground for far to long now, and us as fans are the only ones that can make a change!! We are sick and tired of the lack of investment, stadium and academy losses among many other things!! Me and a few other have got together and come up with the idea of a SISU out protest at there headquarters in London the day of the Charlton away game, the 15th October! We plan to run our own coaches that will take us to the headquarters and then onto the ground and back home again! All for the price you would pay for the club coaches! I know some of you will laugh at this and say it's pointless but it's down to us now to make a change, we've gotta start somewhere! We ask as many of you to join us as possible and by going to our Facebook event in the link below as we need rough numbers!! We expect to take a large following there anyway so why not join us and make a stand!! Come on people help save our club!! SISU OUT!!!!

Thanks
James

Cool can you then make a statement on what our plans should be after SISU have gone

Warwickhunt

Fill the ricoh and make it sky blue! That would send an actual statement.

Have a big we love ccfc day at a match.

Standing outside their office has been done over and over and they are here...
Total agree the only way to get our owners to relinquish CCFC is give them something they can sell! Fill the stadium every home game which increases the revenue TM can spend on better players and get promotion

Otis

A simple thing to do is to print off thousands of 'Wasps Out' A4 posters, hold them up at games so they are seen by the media etc.

Before you shoot me down, bear with me here ..............

I know Wasps won't actually see them, but what we then do is that we hang on to our posters and then upon leaving the Ricoh at the end of the match we all place the posters on the seats.

It then causes a pain for them to have to go round the ground picking all the posters off the seats.

That will definitely come to their attention and prove an irritation.

Grendel

Better option do nothing, even worse encourage them not to agree rent deals, support their crazy stupid antagonistic tactics. Pretend that their decisions are the best for CCFC and keep sinking merrily to the bottom
I'm in

I've suggested the best course if action - you are just ignoring it.

You can tell what wasps would think of people going in the ground and making noise through the whole game from that stupid "how to behave at rugby matches" nonsense. Cheer the opposition song coventry songs sing we hate wasps. Protest outside drape the place in sky blue on match days.

Grendel

Get a bit of media attention that's all you need
SISU
Wasps
Council
All hate bad publicity

Yes sisu go out if their way to get good publicity.

Buster

I really think wasps games are the way to go. Can you imagine a massive game between wasps and Leicester say and we all get to together and paint the Ricoh sky blue as it were with ribbons and flyers and fans in Cov shirts.

Wow what a statement.
Bet Joy and her crew are getting really exited at this thread ! Just the sort of action they want ffs

Terry Gibson's perm

Wow what a statement.

That is a lot of free tickets we would need though as I wouldn't be giving them any money to have to put up with all that hugging and fighting, but they respect the referee and my word don't we hear about it.

As fans we should boycott anything to do with the Higgs "charity" and also this new thing the council are building in the city centre as don't forget that will fund the loss making pool at the Higgs centre as how would the city manage without a 50 m pool.

I don't have any idea how we can get rid of Sisu in time they will go but it's what they leave behind is the worry.

italiahorse

I think some sort of action at a Wasps game could be very productive for us, as someone said they care massively about publicity so can you imagine if we got something snowballing. Articles on the telegraph, interviews, push the message that Wasps are taking our future away.

The problem we have though is the fracture in our fan base. An anti Wasps protest would be seen by some as legitimising (or letting of the hook) of SISU's actions. How do we bridge that gap?

Songs at games need to bring us together, when fans sing "we want SISU out" it should be followed by "we want Wasps out" and "this is our home" - surely nobody can be against that. All around the Ricoh sky blue everything, we need to build a positive fan identity again, we're the sky blue army and nothing will beat us mentality, fuck SISU, fuck Wasps, fuck the council and their cronies.

We need to be realistic and maintain objectivity, the academy is such a good aim, nobody can argue with trying to keep our academy alive, people who say things like "SISU said they will build their own - liars" should be told "yeah, SISU are scumbags and Wasps are taking advantage of it so lets fuck them both and do this without them". By doing that, keeping on message and pushing for our academy we could build a strong fan movement that, if we managed to save the academy, could look forwards at other ways to improve things for us. The Trust by being so partisan throughout this won't be able to fill this role, we have to do it ourselves.

The Trust is us.
If you don't like what the voted leaders say then put your name up for election and/or get to the meetings and influence them.

We need to be logical in your approach.
We need to accept that Wasps are here to stay and we won't change that. Any plans for change needs to reflect they are going to be here for a long time.
We are not going to get rid of them so we need to work with them as they now have all the facilities we require.
They will not like bad publicity and I would guess that the sponsors, including stadium naming rights, will be holding off while CCFC is sorted.
But first of all we need Sisu to give us some direction on Stadium and Academy long term plans.
Obviously the long term plan is to own both but it's what the commitment is in the medium term (5-10 years) that will effect how Wasps/CSF/CCC deal with us.
They have there own plans to pursue and we need to interlock into that.

Terry Gibson's perm

A simple thing to do is to print off thousands of 'Wasps Out' A4 posters, hold them up at games so they are seen by the media etc.

Before you shoot me down, bear with me here ..............

I know Wasps won't actually see them, but what we then do is that we hang on to our posters and then upon leaving the Ricoh at the end of the match we all place the posters on the seats.

It then causes a pain for them to have to go round the ground picking all the posters off the seats.

That will definitely come to their attention and prove an irritation.

Take in superglue and stick them to the seats as we leave

Grendel

The Trust is us.
If you don't like what the voted leaders say then put your name up for election and/or get to the meetings and influence them.

We need to be logical in your approach.
We need to accept that Wasps are here to stay and we won't change that. Any plans for change needs to reflect they are going to be here for a long time.
We are not going to get rid of them so we need to work with them as they now have all the facilities we require.
They will not like bad publicity and I would guess that the sponsors, including stadium naming rights, will be holding off while CCFC is sorted.
But first of all we need Sisu to give us some direction on Stadium and Academy long term plans.
Obviously the long term plan is to own both but it's what the commitment is in the medium term (5-10 years) that will effect how Wasps/CSF/CCC deal with us.
They have there own plans to pursue and we need to interlock into that.

If every game had protests wasps out banners sky blue memorabilia plastered everywhere do you think they would stay?

Users who are viewing this thread