Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian1779

Sorry if this has been said before, but we debated this with some of our Year 11's in school this week.

One comment that came up again and again was that they believed the money and lifestyle of a professional footballer contributed to some of the outcry (obviously not all). As one kid put it 'if he worked at Asda would anyone care?'

Maybe not the best put - but do they have a point? Does it not kind of highlight the fact that McCormick has gone more under the radar because of the league he plays in?

IMO - if he was that adamant that he did not do it, he should be putting all his energies into clearing his name. Not worrying about getting fit.

mattylad

The law is quite clear there is no grey area. If a person (man or woman) is to intoxicated to say yes, you don't have their consent and if you have non-consentual sex you have raped them. So even if she went back to a hotel room of her own volition he still didnt have her consent if she is to pissed to say "yes I want to have sex"

Sky Blue Harry H

I'm impressed that the topic at the end of the thread is still bearing some resemblance to that at the beginning. Doesn't happen too often:claping hands:

Paxman II

No Northernwisdom.....the fact that evidence was not allowed into the trial means those judges and jury had not got all the facts.

I also did not say that samo...please read the text!

mattylad she was having sex with the other guy and she indicated to Evans to come over and make it a threesome. The night guard was outside the room and listened but said he sensed nothing unusual or untoward going on other than them having sex obviously.

The victim next day she claimed her drink must have been spiced to the police and never mentioned once she may have been raped.
Next day she went back to get the cctv footage to see if she recognised the men she was with. The receptionist said she could not do that but told her she was with footballers. Then we had the cry of rape! Experts on the stand said her level of alcohol was not commensurate with any memory loss.

During the sex act after Evans friend had sex with her she asked Evans to perform oral sex on her....does that sound like a woman totally intoxicated or being raped? was there not consent in that invite?

Quite how the judge instructed the jurors is baffling.

Just putting it out there...

Paxman II

Remarkable that a woman ends up on trial, after an event where someone was convicted of raping her.

Beneath contempt, really.

I do agree with that sentiment but if in the end he proves his innocence as has been the case for many people wrongly convicted then we all may learn something.

Samo

No Northernwisdom.....the fact that evidence was not allowed into the trial means those judges and jury had not got all the facts.

I also did not say that samo...please read the text!

mattylad she was having sex with the other guy and she indicated to Evans to come over and make it a threesome. The night guard was outside the room and listened but said he sensed nothing unusual or untoward going on other than them having sex obviously.

The victim next day she claimed her drink must have been spiced to the police and never mentioned once she may have been raped.
Next day she went back to get the cctv footage to see if she recognised the men she was with. The receptionist said she could not do that but told her she was with footballers. Then we had the cry of rape! Experts on the stand said her level of alcohol was not commensurate with any memory loss.

During the sex act after Evans friend had sex with her she asked Evans to perform oral sex on her....does that sound like a woman totally intoxicated or being raped? was there not consent in that invite?

Quite how the judge instructed the jurors is baffling.

Just putting it out there...

The fact that she had previously been promiscuous was not allowed as evidence because it is not relevant. The fact that you think it is relevant says more about you than it does about the case.

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

I do agree with that sentiment but if in the end he proves his innocence as has been the case for many people wrongly convicted then we all may learn something.

A vast number more people are rightly convicted than wrongly. In fact when it comes to rape, the conviction rates are staggeringly low.

Still think cuddly old marlon was wrongly convicted? he played the 'oh I'm appealing, mysteriously straight after being let out of prison and wanting to find a new club' card too.

Someone elsewhere posted far better than I can about it.

Some bloke somewhere else said:
My own take is (sad to say!) much in agreement with what Michael Hesseltine had to say on the subject just after Evans release. Should the club be free to re-employ him? Absolutely. Should they re-employ him? Absolutely not.

The shame is, a staggeringly large number of supporters seem to have become legal experts overnight and proclaim he should not have been convicted. For myself - I was not at the trial and did not hear all that was presented. I trust in the fact he was found guilty - and to such an extent that he was not given leave to appeal (relatively rare I believe). The evidence he accepted ranks him squarely in the "scum bag" bracket regardless.

I am sad to say a number of people I have knew from my Sheffield youth, who I would have like to have thought of as reasonable people, have expressed opinions on the subject I find unpalatable. I hope it is clear from the boycotts and withdrawals of support and sponsorship that this is not everyone. As a team that was rock bottom at the heights of the nutter era, we emerged with a hardcore of morons, it seems. I can not help. I hope It is clear the majority are not those people.

He has dragged my club through the mud once. Now he is doing it again. I do not want him associated with us any more. If another club wishes to sign him that is their mistake. Dump now. Never go back.

shmmeee

The fact that she had previously been promiscuous was not allowed as evidence because it is not relevant. The fact that you think it is relevant says more about you than it does about the case.

To be honest it's the deleted tweets about how she's gonna spend the money and her actions the night before that throw questions in.

Or are we saying all women are pure bundles of honesty and all footballers are scumbags?

I think it's just an dangerous a viewpoint to be honest. I've seen people destroyed by these kind of allegations that later came out as false.

Ultimately it's not a case that can be proved one way or the other. It's simply her word against theirs.

Skyblueweeman

IMO, he's done his time, he can play football again. I wouldn't want him ay CCFC though. We've generally had quite a bit of sympathy over the past couple of years from the football community so signing Evans would be a massive step backwards and encourage thoughts of 'well they deserve everything that happens to them'.

I don't know why, but I have a gut feeling that he's going to end up here.

In fact, I do know why. Our 'script' is written with shit after shit recently that this would just be something else on top that wouldn't really surprise me.

WM

PS. And in no way do I condone what he's been found guilty off or would I support him signing for us.

Samo

To be honest it's the deleted tweets about how she's gonna spend the money and her actions the
night before that throw questions in.

Or are we saying all women are pure bundles of honesty and all footballers are scumbags?

I think it's just an dangerous a viewpoint to be honest. I've seen people destroyed by these kind of allegations that later came out as false.

Ultimately it's not a case that can be proved one way or the other. It's simply her word against theirs.

Not a case that can be proved one way or the other? Ermm...

Nick

Administrator
To be honest it's the deleted tweets about how she's gonna spend the money and her actions the night before that throw questions in.

This is what I don't get, was it used as evidence? Just seems strange she would tweet things like that (if she did).

SkyBlue_Bear83

This is what I don't get, was it used as evidence? Just seems strange she would tweet things like that (if she did).

Just checked and they were supposedly found after the conviction.

it was only due to the hacking skills of a New York based fire fighter, interested in the civil liberty aspect of the case against those who tweeted the ‘complainant's name’ after the conviction of Ched, that unearthed them.... .....he unearthed the only remaining copies in the Google *text – mode* cache of the *French* Twitter server.

So not sure how reliable that would be, also it's worth pointing out that she didn't win big and this has caused her nothing but trouble and distress. She had to relocate and change he identity twice due to abuse.

Hincha

@DeadlineDayLive: Six clubs are vying to sign convicted rapist Ched Evans. (Source: Sunday People)

Wouldn't surprise me if we were one of these clubs, especially as Nouble, Madine and McQuoid may all go back in just over a month

Covstu

as much as we need him this is the last thing we need. We got the support of all clubs during our move away from the Ricoh we would very quickly lose this if we signed this chap. Best thing for him is to sign for someone outside of England.

wingy

@DeadlineDayLive: Six clubs are vying to sign convicted rapist Ched Evans. (Source: Sunday People)

Wouldn't surprise me if we were one of these clubs, especially as Nouble, Madine and McQuoid may all go back in just over a month

Seriously doubt that.

bigfatronssba

What this whole case comes down to is either she is making it up, or she is incredibly thick.

You meet someone on a night out, and then go back to their room, its pretty obvious what was going to happen next. Not saying that makes it right, but if she is genuinely the victim, you have to question her mental capacity.

SkyBlue_Bear83

What this whole case comes down to is either she is making it up, or she is incredibly thick.

You meet someone on a night out, and then go back to their room, its pretty obvious what was going to happen next. Not saying that makes it right, but if she is genuinely the victim, you have to question her mental capacity.

But she didn't go back to the room with Evans.

Samo

Its a pity you were not part of the legal process, I'm sure they hadn't thought of that. Christ on a bike.

Grendel

Christ there are some Neanderthal idiots on here.

bigfatronssba

Christ there are some Neanderthal idiots on here.

Your right. Its much more progressive to call someone a name if you disagree with their opinion isn't it?

Grendel

Your right. Its much more progressive to call someone a name if you disagree with their opinion isn't it?

Frankly I don't think there is anything progressive about you.

Grendel

What I want to know is how come someone convicted of rape can be let out of prison while still being young enough to play football:thinking about:

Because his victim is apparently thick, has had sex before with other men and was clearly asking for it.

Come on, keep up.

bigfatronssba

Because his victim is apparently thick, has had sex before with other men and was clearly asking for it.

Come on, keep up.

You haven't read what I posted properly have you?

I clearly stated that it is never acceptable to rape someone, just that for a young woman to go off to some blokes hotel room, when she isn't interested in sleeping with them, is stupid.

Do you think she was wise to go off with strange men she had just met?

bigfatronssba

Frankly I don't think there is anything progressive about you.

Why can you not indulge in a debate without insulting your opponent?

Grendel

You haven't read what I posted properly have you?

I clearly stated that it is never acceptable to rape someone, just that for a young woman to go off to some blokes hotel room, when she isn't interested in sleeping with them, is stupid.

Do you think she was wise to go off with strange men she had just met?

She didn't go to the guilty parties hotel room as far as I am aware.

NorthernWisdom

Sorry I didn't realize that she was the guilty party more fool me eh?

What I find especially discomforting is his website:

http://www.chedevans.com/

Now, of course if he believes he is innocent, he is entitled to attempt to clear his name through the legal process. What I find rather disgusting is a website devoted to blackening the name of somebody who he has already been convicted of raping.

There has been a trial, and the result of that trial was that Evans was found guilty of rape. Now, his position of having money and a profile appears to allow him to cause more harm after the event.

Who, in fact, is the media whore?

Grendel

What I find especially discomforting is his website:

http://www.chedevans.com/

Now, of course if he believes he is innocent, he is entitled to attempt to clear his name through the legal process. What I find rather disgusting is a website devoted to blackening the name of somebody who he has already been convicted of raping.

There has been a trial, and the result of that trial was that Evans was found guilty of rape. Now, his position of having money and a profile appears to allow him to cause more harm after the event.

Who, in fact, is the media whore?

Please tell me I've read this wrong. There aren't adverts on there for free Holidays are there?

bigfatronssba

She didn't go to the guilty parties hotel room as far as I am aware.

She went to Clayton McDonalds hotel room.

Is it so wrong to ask why she did that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread