Status
Not open for further replies.
The criminal justice system felt that a two year sentence was an appropriate punishment for his crime and of which he has served and I feel as a proven goalscorer at this level we should be front of the queue to sign him, football is a business and this is a great investment opportunity as he could bring the goals to go up and lets face it ex-convicts make the best goalscorers, Marlon King, Lee Hughes to name but a few. This is part of our culture it is our second nature it is what makes us Coventry City Football Club.

mrtrench

Look at me Mummy, I'm getting lots of attention on the internet by writing stupid stuff that people will comment on.

stupot07

Two words one begins with F, one ends with F. I'll let you fill in the blanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

To debate his ability as player.. Before he went to prison, he was the Cavani of League 1, 35 goals in one season.
I can understand why people would want to sign a player like that, but with Ched Evans, you have to judge signing him on more than just a football level...

The Reverend Skyblue

He knew that women was vulnerable, so he took full advantage ,so I regard him as a vile predator without a kindness bone in his body.
if you want to have sex with a drunken vulnerable women,you are no man in my eyes.
if it's regarded as rape ,I think it is , but that's my own opinion

Grendel

Ultimately he has served the punishment given to him and it is for the criminal justice system alone to punish offenders nobody else's job

It is but that is irrelevant to what you are saying. You are saying you would want him here -- I wouldn't.

Most criminals who have done their time would not be in huge demands for employment when they get out and the argument regarding rehabilitation is absurd. If he was a Purchasing or Marketing manager for example no employer would touch him with a barge pole.

skybluetony176

Without deliberately being melodramatic.

As a son to a mother, a brother to two sisters, a husband to a wife and a father to two daughters if we did sign him I would happily boo him every time he came close to a ball and sit quietly in my seat if he scored a goal.

It is but that is irrelevant to what you are saying. You are saying you would want him here -- I wouldn't.

Most criminals who have done their time would not be in huge demands for employment when they get out and the argument regarding rehabilitation is absurd. If he was a Purchasing or Marketing manager for example no employer would touch him with a barge pole.
yes but football is a business which doesn't rely on reputation but results which Ched Evans could improve and I would like us to be promoted this century

pusbccfc

I'd have him. He scores. If he committed another crime whilst at the club, sack him off.

wingy

do people not think about the number of Female and Child fans we have and having to listen to another chorus of " She Said Yes ",fucking moronic .

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
yes but football is a business which doesn't rely on reputation but results which Ched Evans could improve and I would like us to be promoted this century

There's a huge difference between cheering on someone who is lower than scum and cheering on someone who is good for the team. You obviously have no morals. It's the same as saying the Yorkshire Ripper's victims deserved what they got because they were prostitutes (which many weren't). That's how you sound. A moron and an obvious WUM.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I know a lot of people like to have total faith in the courts but there's two key bits of information from the court case that haven't been well published by the media

1) Both Evans and Donaldson were tried as separate individuals. BUT both were tried on the identical evidence and allegations. One was found guilty the other was found innocent- a very very odd outcome.

2) the only evidence as such, used against Evans and Donaldson was their admittance to sleeping with the woman. The woman had not made explicit allegations of rape to the police but that her drinks had been spiked and she had woke up in a hotel room. If Donaldson and Evans had made no comment or denied anything happened, neither would have been charged. It then became a case of proving and arguing the determination of when someone is classed as too drunk.

Make your own conclusions but that's the facts.

There's a huge difference between cheering on someone who is lower than scum and cheering on someone who is good for the team. You obviously have no morals. It's the same as saying the Yorkshire Ripper's victims deserved what they got because they were prostitutes (which many weren't). That's how you sound. A moron and an obvious WUM.
i think you've blown that out of proportion and i do not think that murder is a suitable punishment for any crime least of all prostitution, and i do not always agree that prostitution is a crime. secondly Ched Evans could be good for the team. thirdly I do not condone or support any of the Yorkshire rippers murders that is an simply insane suggestion

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I know a lot of people like to have total faith in the courts but there's two key bits of information from the court case that haven't been well published by the media

1) Both Evans and Donaldson were tried as separate individuals. BUT both were tried on the identical evidence and allegations. One was found guilty the other was found innocent- a very very odd outcome.

2) the only evidence as such, used against Evans and Donaldson was their admittance to sleeping with the woman. The woman had not made explicit allegations of rape to the police but that her drinks had been spiked and she had woke up in a hotel room. If Donaldson and Evans had made no comment or denied anything happened, neither would have been charged. It then became a case of proving and arguing the determination of when someone is classed as too drunk.

Whether she had just fallen asleep while drunk or had been drugged, if they say they "slept" with her, then as a full bloodied male, I know exactly what they mean. They had sex with her without her consent and that is RAPE!

letsallsingtogether

To be fair if it was Chad from the Chippie would it have even gone to court?

Still wouldn't buy the c**t though, enough shit at this club don't need anymore.

Seaside-Skyblue

Our midfield don't create anything for the strikers. We could have Falcao up front and it would make no difference in the way we play currently.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Firstly the other footballer was Clayton Mcdonald not Donaldson so thats a fact you got wrong.

I don't claim to know the case inside out but on point 1. The girl had seemingly willingly agreed to go back to a hotel room with Mcdonald so that was seemingly enough doubt in the jurys mind to find him not guilty. Evans got a text from Mcdonald and just turned up at the hotel room at a later time to have sex, whether the girls state had changed from going back to the hotel room and Evans arriving I don't know. It's possible her state worsened from the time she agreed to go back to the hotel and when Evans arrived.

I've never been drunk so can't really say but if you are so drunk you can't remember what you did then I would say you weren't in a position to consent

malkitccfc

Signing him to play up front in our current team.. regardless of the crime, nobody deserves that sort of punishment

Paxman II

The whole case is not as cut and dry as first appears. being stitched up for an offense such as this is easily done in the heavy wake of emotions. Evidence was scatty and uncertain. He's a young man who is now a convicted rapist and must move on with his life. he has an appeal I believe and still denies rape.
If a girl gets goes willingly to a hotel room with you during a night of frivolity then that girl is not an innocent bystander and knew that sex was most likely going to be an outcome. So why go?
I'm not protecting Ched Evans but the system has punished him and everyone has a right to move on. His profession is a footballer and going back to that profession seems the best way he can move on.
I would rather see his appeal finalised first and either his name cleared or if not he gives an unreserved apology for his crime and accepts his guilt. Then he must be allowed to move forward. Had this been an aggravated rape such as a knife to the throat and dragged in the bushes we would be rightfully more concerned.
We really must stop witch hunts, prejudices and political points scoring clouding reality and judgements. The legal system is not perfect - they sometimes get it wrong too. Not suggesting they have but it was never a slam dunk case tbf. You can't continue to punish the young lad forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread