Should the Wasps Section Go? (1 Viewer)

Should the Wasps forum go?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • No

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters

letsallsingtogether

Have never been into that forum so doesn't really matter to me then again rarely go into other sports forum ether.
If people don't like it then don't visit.

Astute

I agree that it should be kept and threads that end up with bickering on the subject of Wasps should be moved there. Can we start by moving this thread there?

GaryJones

Should the Wasps Forum go?
Good question Nick - I do not even understand what the hell it is doing on a Coventry City Football Club Forum in the first place anyway!
I assume its because they play in the same stadium or that they are our landlords - what can we expect next? a Forum on Pukka Pies or Lukozade Sports Drinks?
I do not see any link between the two clubs - different sport - different shaped ball - different names - different everything - they do not even come from Coventry for Gods Sake!!
I am not saying that they shouldn't have a Wasps Forum but it should be completely separate from ours................Rant Over!!!!!!!!!!!!

GaryJones

Nick - Perhaps you could sort one out for them - call it "Yellow & Black Talk" or "Buzz Off"

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

The venue hire and cost per head would have been higher meaning tickets would have been higher which means it would have been less affordable so less people may have attended so more of a chance it wouldn't have sold out.

As we don't have the costing we'll never know, but carry on with your assumption that it's because the football don't want to use the Ricoh on non match days.

At least when OSB commented on it he put all of the likely scenarios not just the narrative of "sisu bad"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Isn't this what certain posters were advocating a few weeks ago ie would be happy to pay double the price? Certainly keep the great unwashed out wouldn't it?

Grendel

You're right don't know how tescos and the other shops and restaurants etc up there manage

He means access to the actual Arena. I assume you are happy the club are booking a local club to host the event and not some London based franchise?

Otis

Back on topic.

I am thinking to keep it, but rename it to something clear like "The Wasps Bickering Place" or something. Then there is no confusion that it is here for Wasps fans to sign up.
What about the WASPS Waffle House - (Buzz Off)

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

He means access to the actual Arena. I assume you are happy the club are booking a local club to host the event and not some London based franchise?

Access to the arena is no more difficult than tesco. As for venue so long as it is in Coventry not bothered. I support cov rugby when I can why are you bothered you don't like rugby anyway so cov should mean absolutely nothing to you local or not.

Grendel

Captain Dart

What about the WASPS Waffle House - (Buzz Off)

My advice is too steer well clear of waffle huts!
tumblr_nw8483EH6b1tcj0v4o5_400.gif.pagespeed.ce.-GNnjlEGrb.gif

Grendel

Wow, that's slow isn't it? I've walked from the bus stop on Foleshill Road by Arbury Avenue and it hasn't taken me that long.

Maybe I have very quick feet.

No you probably access from the other stand. If you are where the car park A area is it's a good 15 minute walk.

covcity4life

yeah get rid. they are scum and their fans from cov are annoying twats

if they buy us 1 day then we can accept them, until then they can rot

GaryJones

Should the Wasps Forum go?
Good question Nick - I do not even understand what the hell it is doing on a Coventry City Football Club Forum in the first place anyway!
I assume its because they play in the same stadium or that they are our landlords - what can we expect next? a Forum on Pukka Pies or Lukozade Sports Drinks?
I do not see any link between the two clubs - different sport - different shaped ball - different names - different everything - they do not even come from Coventry for Gods Sake!!
I am not saying that they shouldn't have a Wasps Forum but it should be completely separate from ours................Rant Over!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nick - Call the new and seperate Forum "Buzz Off" and we can get on with talking about the Sky Blues and forget about a game most of us do not give a shite about!.....Now its Rant Over.......I think........

Grendel

Get rid.
I can get my points over on the main section without having to continually respond to Wasps haters, which seems to be the point of the section in question.

Can't see how any CCFC wouldn't hate Wasps and want them to fail. They epitomise everything that is negative about sport and offer no positives.

italiahorse

Can't see how any CCFC wouldn't hate Wasps and want them to fail. They epitomise everything that is negative about sport and offer no positives.

You wouldn't.
Sisu have brainwashed you into thinking they want it when they don't.
Keep fighting their cause, whatever it is !!

italiahorse

Yes, its being misused now by the Wasps PR team and the turncoats trying to tell us how great Wasps are and what great Rugby they are playing and how amazing their attendances or how great they are doing with non sport revenue such as concerts etc.

When a relevant topic arises which includes or effects both Wasps and CCFC i.e. new rental deal, changes to the stadium etc. an appropriate thread should be made on the ccfc section.

Your delusional. The threads are started by anti wasps posters who try to make fun of small attendances, their fans and their game.
Go back through the starters of the threads and you will realise its an wasp sound off thread.

Some people are so far their own arse about this they can't actually see whats going on. The whole section is a joke and a great source of entertainment for me. Especially when they blame wasps supporters for driving it when its actually the other way round.

"I hate you" ..... "I hate you too" ..................... "Mr Admin he just said he hates me" LOL

Moff

Your delusional. The threads are started by anti wasps posters who try to make fun of small attendances, their fans and their game.
Go back through the starters of the threads and you will realise its an wasp sound off thread.

Some people are so far their own arse about this they can't actually see whats going on. The whole section is a joke and a great source of entertainment for me. Especially when they blame wasps supporters for driving it when its actually the other way round.

"I hate you" ..... "I hate you too" ..................... "Mr Admin he just said he hates me" LOL

Not everyone hates Wasps who post on that forum, and people can righfully point out falling attendances as it may be a reflection of a failing buisness model. Not everyone mocks the game either.

I often wonder why people claim the section is a joke when they spend so much time there, and as for a great source of entertainment for you, I sometimes miss that when you are arguing your point so vociferously and seriously.

Moff

Lets keep just Wasps in the Wasps section, and all things CCFC here on the CCFC general chat where hopefully come season end we will be celebrating a very successfull season.

italiahorse

Not everyone hates Wasps who post on that forum, and people can righfully point out falling attendances as it may be a reflection of a failing buisness model. Not everyone mocks the game either.

I often wonder why people claim the section is a joke when they spend so much time there, and as for a great source of entertainment for you, I sometimes miss that when you are arguing your point so vociferously and seriously.

The tone of the section is generally to mock wasps.
Some posters post information on items that ACL are putting on at the Ricoh that quickly flares up into a wasps bash.
Attendances is a classic as are everybody gets free tickets. CCFC fans attending wasps matches entitles abuse which seems acceptable.

All well and good for CCFC fans, but at least admit it that you are venting.
To close the section because its for wasps fans saying how great wasps are is just incorrect.

Wasps fans don't need to tell everybody how great they are on a CCFC forum as we all know they are already :whistle:

Moff

The tone of the section is generally to mock wasps.
Some posters post information on items that ACL are putting on at the Ricoh that quickly flares up into a wasps bash.
Attendances is a classic as are everybody gets free tickets. CCFC fans attending wasps matches entitles abuse which seems acceptable.

All well and good for CCFC fans, but at least admit it that you are venting.
To close the section because its for wasps fans saying how great wasps are is just incorrect.

Wasps fans don't need to tell everybody how great they are on a CCFC forum as we all know they are already :whistle:

You will always get mocking, whatever the forum, look at how fans of other clubs will troll our site sometimes, but yes the general tone can sometimes be way over the top.

The general debate can be reasonable on it sometimes, if you can overlook say for example Tony and Grendel arguing, and valid points can be made, and I feel for that purpose and to keep the stuff off CCFC general chat, it should remain.

Users who are viewing this thread