Should the Wasps Section Go? (1 Viewer)

Should the Wasps forum go?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • No

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters

SkyBlue_Bear83

Yes, its being misused now by the Wasps PR team and the turncoats trying to tell us how great Wasps are and what great Rugby they are playing and how amazing their attendances or how great they are doing with non sport revenue such as concerts etc.

When a relevant topic arises which includes or effects both Wasps and CCFC i.e. new rental deal, changes to the stadium etc. an appropriate thread should be made on the ccfc section.

Grendel

Yes, its being misused now by the Wasps PR team and the turncoats trying to tell us how great Wasps are and what great Rugby they are playing and how amazing their attendances or how great they are doing with non sport revenue such as concerts etc.

When a relevant topic arises which includes or effects both Wasps and CCFC i.e. new rental deal, changes to the stadium etc. an appropriate thread should be made on the ccfc section.

Which of course was where the thread in question was until Tony bitched and moaned to move it to the wasps sub forum....not the sharpest blade of grass in the Pampas is our Tony.

Macca

Remove discussions on franchise ice hockey, American wankball and everything else while you are at it

Terry Gibson's perm

We should keep it where it is as the rubbish will just end up being put on the real forum, where it is if you want to look you can if not don't.

Samo

Which of course was where the thread in question was until Tony bitched and moaned to move it to the wasps sub forum....not the sharpest blade of grass in the Pampas is our Tony.

You really hate that guy right?

stupot07

Have voted yes, but i do feel its better there than derailing ccfc related threads.

I do feel that those signing up specifically to post on wasps related threads who have no interest in ccfc should be banned though.

Astute

I can't see the problem with having a Wasps section. If you enjoy talking about Wasps, good or bad, you have somewhere to go. If you are like me and don't give a fuck about them you keep away from that section.... although some of those that complain about having a Wasps section are the ones that bring them up on the football section :(

skybluetony176

I thought it was me and Sickboy who follows you Tony.

I'm replying to a post where you've made a point of mentioning me twice without specifically saying why you moron. I'm asking for clarity as you're bitching about me and something I've apparently done. Whereas when you follow me if there was a thread on where you're going on holiday and I posted that I was going to Tenerife you'd reply to my post that you're going to Elevenerife in some typical lame ass one-upmanship way that you do. Even you can see the difference I'm sure. So I'll try again.

Which thread are you talking about specifically?

Samo

I'm replying to a post where you've made a point of mentioning me twice without specifically saying why you moron. I'm asking for clarity as you're bitching about me and something I've apparently done. Whereas when you follow me if there was a thread on where you're going on holiday and I posted that I was going to Tenerife you'd reply to my post that you're going to Elevenerife in some typical lame ass one-upmanship way that you do. Even you can see the difference I'm sure. So I'll try again.

Which thread are you talking about specifically?

I wish you two would get a room.

Samo

We tried. We couldn't find one big enough for Grendulls ego though so had to give up.

Imagine the sparks if it happened though... you two would be in bed for months, ah that sweet making up!

Calista

The most popular thread on the Wasps section was kicked off in October with …
"Well according to a rather subdued Mr Eastwood on CWR it seems the franchise bunch are 'hoping' for 10,000 tomorrow. Still of course more than the Wycombe fixture last year and of course everyone is obsessed with the World Cup (is that still on)? Let the good times roll."​

Three months (and about 1800 replies) later it’s still rumbling on. Does anyone seriously wish it had stayed on the main forum? Personally I think it’s good that there was another place to put it.

PS “Calista” is the gorgeous femme fatale who was previously trapped inside the body of a small but brilliant 1940’s footballer called Norman Lockhart. By the magic of the internet (and cockney rhyming slang) all things are possible. It wasn’t fair to keep saddling Mr. Lockhart with a life he didn’t choose, so I sent him for the operation.

Ian1779

I think we should keep it. If nothing more than to vent my anger that my cold pie and warm beer went to fund a bunch of poncy egg chasers with shit fans rather than the football team I came to watch.

dongonzalos

Can't vote as on phone.
I would say don't have a separate section.
If someone posts a Wasps related thread, judge it on its own merit to see if it is relevant to us.
If it's Wasps win/lost today it's unlikely to be relevant.
If it's Wasps just earnt 25 million through a commercial deal or lost 25 million. I think that may have a baring on the future of CCFC. Its worth knowing about.

Hobo

I never read the Wasps paranoia and bitching section. But I don't want the threads back on here.

Hobo

No...........................

mechaishida

By all means, have a Wasps thread, but not an entire section. Seems almost redundant.

70% so far in favour of wiping it, ooh.

Nick

Administrator
Wasps venting will just appear on the main board

That's the plus side to having it, people who don't want to see it don't have to as it is out of the way. The downside is I don't want people to think it is a place for Wasps fans to come and have a chat :)

italiahorse

That's the plus side to having it, people who don't want to see it don't have to as it is out of the way. The downside is I don't want people to think it is a place for Wasps fans to come and have a chat :)

On second thoughts after reviewing threads in it .
Most the threads are started solely to slag wasps off so get rid.

italiahorse

Bet they'll be the first to be pissed off when the Wasps threads crop up all over the place.

Most the threads are not started by wasps fans. The biggest thread is solely there to be divisive and is typical of the sub section.
When people respond to the OP's it becomes abusive.
Change the name to wasps slagging off thread.

Otis

I don't wish to hear any talk of Wasps here unless it directly impinges upon Coventry City, but if we get rid of the sub-forum, Wasps stuff is just going to keep creeping into the main forums, so yep, keep it.

I hardly ever go on there anyway and it makes it much easier to avoid any insect talk.

Moff

I don't care if it's there or not.
Wasps venting will just appear on the main board and people like myself will still try and put some reasoning into it.

As you seem to be the main poster on the Wasps forum, I think you do care.

I say keep it, to keep any Wasps crap off the CCFC threads, if not certain posters will be posting with their Wasps tinted glasses on the main board, and people like myself will still try and put some reasoning in it. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread