Sheff Utd Match Thread (1 Viewer)

AJB1983

Seriously though, as I've only seen them once in flesh this season, what will change if the manager is sacked. Can't sign anyone permanent. Enough loans already?
Won't make players better overnight?

Evo1883

Im guessing that somebody will fail to see that pressleys subs have changed this game ...absolute tosh ...
Trying to protect a lead against 10 men with nothing to lose

Nick

Administrator
Seriously though, as I've only seen them once in flesh this season, what will change if the manager is sacked. Can't sign anyone permanent. Enough loans already?

Players were good enough to go 2-0 up.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Players are good enough to do better than they are, Pressley is hindering them.

Warwickhunt

10 men! You have to put those teams to the sword, he tried to shut up shop and failed miserably. If he has any decency he would walk if we lose this. I thought 10 men start to get tired after 80 minutes but it sound like we are struggling to contain them

AJB1983

But not good enough to keep that lead for 45 minutes with an extra man?
I can't comment on the subs as I haven't seen the players to know what they're like.

covmark

A bit of tactical nous goes a long way pal. Pressley is fucking hopeless

hill83

Having no manager is better than Pressley.

AJB1983

How is he hindering them? Is he telling them not to attack? Or shoot? Or don't defend.
Surely that mettle to stay ahead comes from within does it not?

Brighton Sky Blue

Thorn was sacked after throwing away a 2-0 lead against Bury and even then they had 11 men. This is farcical and he must pay for it with his job.

AJB1983

We always say the manager is the problem but the last 15 years have proved that maybe it's the players?
The managers change but the shit stays

Sky Blue Pete

What do you mean, he is the manager of a team playing 10 men he has changed the personnel at 2-0 up and it's now 2-2. It's not bloody unlucky it's his skills as a manager not being good enough

chiefdave

How is he hindering them? Is he telling them not to attack? Or shoot? Or don't defend.
Surely that mettle to stay ahead comes from within does it not?

We've heard lots of opposition managers and ex pros saying we should be doing better with the players we have so one way or another the blame has to lie with SP.

Today we've gone 2 up against a team with 10 players, he's then made tactical changes and its now 2-2.

I think we are going to find out if there is a clause in his contract where he doesn't get a pay off if he's sacked when we're in the relation places. Even if a new manager just brings a short term upturn we desperately need that right now.

hill83

"Good point against a strong team"

uKL8tJg.gif

Users who are viewing this thread