Sheaf (1 Viewer)

Frostie

Hamer gets a free pass from everyone because he's the golden boy. It's evident that some people have already made their minds up about certain players. Just look at the praise being given to Hamer in a game where he was arguably poor for all three goals and then got a stupid red, compared to Sheaf, who while not great, didn't let us down as much as Hamer did. If either Sheaf or Shipley had had the game Hamer had had yesterday they'd be getting crucified (well, more crucified than they already are). We're 4 games into the season and people are already writing players off based off very little football played. You'd have thought people would have learnt from the McWankty shite, or Dujon Sterling, or just the countless players we've had over the years who have had shaky starts and come good for us.

Spot on.
Not to mention this stage last season it was Dabo ffs!

BornSlippySkyBlue

I do think some are underestimating the catching up we’re doing from not playing for so long, coupled with new players bedding in and a huge step up in class. That was the first game where we’ve really looked like a lower league team compared to the opposition, (who were 2 leagues above us not long ago).

The whole team is adjusting to the speed of the championship, it wasn’t just Sheaf caught in possession. They seem to be expecting the same time on the ball they had last season where we sprayed it around relatively uncontested for large spells of many games. That simply won’t happen this season and the sooner we start playing at full speed from the first second the better.

We’re adjusting and learning as we go, singling out new recruits while they’re getting used to their team mates as well as a more difficult league (and he’s only 21) seems a tad harsh imo. As others have said Dabo didn’t have his best game either, but gets no criticism (and rightly so because he’s Dabo ;)).

skyblueinBaku

You're talking shit. Sheaf was woeful yet your still trying to say that he was better than Hamer who was undeservedly sent off
Undeservedly? Hands to face is a red card. The ref had no choice but to issue the card. Hamer should know that.

cc84cov

If the high press is killing us we are forced to go long the problem is we are going long to Godden against big defenders most weeks hoping we pick up the 2nd ball,if we go 2 up front we lose the man in midfield and end up over run,at time’s we are gonna need to go long I was surprised we didn’t bring Baka on yesterday far too many players were too busy admiring Bournemouth and stood off them far too much that shit needs to stop we need to be a lot braver with the system we have got to look after the ball better than that Hamer & sheaf are the main 2 to pick it up and play if that pass isn’t on we’re having to go long we can’t do that much longer before we will be in trouble we’ve gotta be braver more composed on the ball.

Hamer influenced the game 100x the way Sheaf could ever dream of

Definitely had an impact, 1 ball by Hamer to Dabo was as good as anything you will ever see ...

However, I’d suggest watching the highlights again. There is an argument to suggest he is at fault for 2 of the goals, as well as the naive Red card of course. 👍

Londonccfcfan

That ball Sheaf played 40/50 yards to Giles on the left when Ohare hit the post was quality(vision and execution). Watched Kelly almost every minute he's played and he's never played a ball like that.

Few mins later he won the pen.

Yet this chaps been slaughtered. He's played for Arsenal, had a good season for Doncaster on loan last year. We are arguably going to pay close to a million for him at the end of his loan. Again he's a young lad with huge potential seen by our recruitment and management team.

Yet most on here seem to be better judges than professionals.

AFCCOVENTRY

I think an interesting test is to see if Kelly is any better than what we’ve seen in central midfield. He amongst most of our players are untested in this league.

Skybluefaz

If the high press is killing us we are forced to go long the problem is we are going long to Godden against big defenders most weeks hoping we pick up the 2nd ball,if we go 2 up front we lose the man in midfield and end up over run,at time’s we are gonna need to go long I was surprised we didn’t bring Baka on yesterday far too many players were too busy admiring Bournemouth and stood off them far too much that shit needs to stop we need to be a lot braver with the system we have got to look after the ball better than that Hamer & sheaf are the main 2 to pick it up and play if that pass isn’t on we’re having to go long we can’t do that much longer before we will be in trouble we’ve gotta be braver more composed on the ball.

Yeah we just have to do this. Simple really.

KersleyDigs

Far too casual. This isn't fucking u23 football anymore! He strolls around like he is the best player on the pitch and it is infuriating to watch. He probably was at youth level. He clearly has the attributes to be a very good player at this level, but not coming together for him just yet. I genuinely think he will end up as a ball playing centre back. Not sure he has the dynamism for Centre mid...

harvey098

Thought he was a bit better yesterday tbf. I assumed he’d been signed as back up to Kelly, not sure why he started in front of him yesterday? Just Kelly fitness still?

Esoterica

Sheaf looked a lot fitter and he wanted to play progressive passes yesterday and the options just weren't there. He should have had 6 options in front of him: 2 wing backs, 2 strikers and 2 10s. Instead the wing backs were deeper than him, Godden was in the pocket of the centre backs who walked him high up the pitch because they knew he was too slow to get in behind and the entire midfield was compressed.

What Sheaf needed as a minimum was a player with more pace, like Bakayoko, looking to get in behind so that he had an out ball. The game changes if that happens, they either keep playing high and we get in behind or they start to drop deeper to prevent it, the midfield opens up and the wingbacks can get forward or the 10s get space for the shorter pass.

I said after Bournemouth game that i can't see the formation lasting the season. We're unlucky with the way the fixtures have fallen. The wingbacks are key to us but before we've had any real success with the formation, even the poorer teams will see how a high press and pinning the wingbacks back in our own half neuters the formation.

capel & collindridge

I think an interesting test is to see if Kelly is any better than what we’ve seen in central midfield. He amongst most of our players are untested in this league.
It's true Kelly's only ever played 20 Championship games, and has played less than McFadzean (116), Walker (47) and Allen (33), but he'd played five seasons in the SPL for Kilmarnock prior to playing in the Championship, playing 100 games and winning the Scottish League Cup in 2012, beating Celtic 1-0 in the final plus playing for Scotland too. So he played at a good level during his first five years as a professional and brings a good record of experience to the team, having played at all levels. It's probably why he's team captain.

Magwitch

We miss Kelly as we did at the start of last season we improved no end once he got back was sub Saturday so I expect he could start Tuesday but if he does let’s give him a couple of games to get into the groove.

Legia Sky Blue

We miss Kelly as we did at the start of last season we improved no end once he got back was sub Saturday so I expect he could start Tuesday but if he does let’s give him a couple of games to get into the groove.

Like we have done with Sheaf? Can't believe the instant judgements being made on him, as well as Walker, Ostigaard, Hilsner etc.

Would have thought that our fans would learn after last season when many wanted rid of Walsh when he first joined us., but no that's clearly expecting too much.

Frostie

Like we have done with Sheaf? Can't believe the instant judgements being made on him, as well as Walker, Ostigaard, Hilsner etc.

Would have thought that our fans would learn after last season when many wanted rid of Walsh when he first joined us., but no that's clearly expecting too much.

Both Dabo & Walsh got massive stick from some after their first few games... Ended up as Player of the Year & Players' Player of the Year respectively so fair to say they did ok in the end & maybe, just maybe Robins & the recruitment team know what they're doing?

shmmeee

Both Dabo & Walsh got massive stick from some after their first few games... Ended up as Player of the Year & Players' Player of the Year respectively so fair to say they did ok in the end & maybe, just maybe Robins & the recruitment team know what they're doing?

Both Dabo and Walsh started games...

Users who are viewing this thread