Sheaf (1 Viewer)

cc84cov

Sheaf was excellent but Mcfazdean was MOM by a country mile - amazing performance
Bottled that first challenge but Mcfadz has been the best player for us this season so far

Liquid Gold

I hope he's working closely with Kelly to learn how to properly anchor and lead a team. He has all the attributes to be a fantastic player.

SBAndy

I hope he's working closely with Kelly to learn how to properly anchor and lead a team. He has all the attributes to be a fantastic player.

Was thinking a couple of weeks ago, could it be that Hamer is actually the Kelly replacement? He seems to be more defensive minded than Sheaf, albeit will need to rein it in a little.

AFCCOVENTRY

Had a much better game and maybe he is starting to gel with the other players in terms of how they play. I think alongside Kelly will calm him down. If Sheaf performs against Blackburn then Hamer might struggle to get back in the team.

shmmeee

Sheaf is a good player. He’s always going to be criticised for not running around like a headless chicken. It’s perceived as lazy

As a critic of him it wasn’t his work rate that was the issue but his speed of thought. He was criticised for it by Donny fans last year and his first few games got caught out quite a few times taking too long on the ball. Last night I didn’t see any of that, he showed he can play at the pace required for this level.

His passing is absolutely sublime. Can’t help but feel we’ve got two outstanding quarterbacks at the base of the midfield in him and Hamer.

stevefloyd

As a critic of him it wasn’t his work rate that was the issue but his speed of thought. He was criticised for it by Donny fans last year and his first few games got caught out quite a few times taking too long on the ball. Last night I didn’t see any of that, he showed he can play at the pace required for this level.

His passing is absolutely sublime. Can’t help but feel we’ve got two outstanding quarterbacks at the base of the midfield in him and Hamer.
Quarterbacks....you're showing your age there :)

Esoterica

Don't think it's a speed of thought issue as such. He is a player who will always look at his best when we play well. Yesterday the rest of the midfield had time and space and were showing for him so he could play his progressive passes. Against Brentford the midfield were hidden so he appears slow but it's his team mates letting him down or the tactics not allowing him to flourish.

shmmeee

Don't think it's a speed of thought issue as such. He is a player who will always look at his best when we play well. Yesterday the rest of the midfield had time and space and were showing for him so he could play his progressive passes. Against Brentford the midfield were hidden so he appears slow but it's his team mates letting him down or the tactics not allowing him to flourish.

Maybe and as he doesn’t moan like Hamer when he’s not given options it’s not as obvious but I think there was a definite issue with him wanting too much time on the ball and getting caught out.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I’d be interested to see if the ultimate goal is switching out Allen with Hamer or Sheaf and letting him them more attacking.

we improved massively when Kelly came on, so him at the base will allow Hamer to be more creative up the field

cc84cov

Kelly will start Saturday thank god we are so much better with him playing,If sheaf carries on like last night I don’t see how Hamer gets back in anytime soon

jordan210

The only issue realy with Kelly. is I wish he would not drop so deep all the time. Last night after he came on was when Swansea had there best spell as we invite pressure . We need him to be 5 yards forward.

procdoc

It can take players time to get used to a new system, new team mates and after no pre-season get match fit. If he was ‘dog shit’ Arsenal would have got rid years ago.
He showed last night that he is a good player and he will only get better

Hadji's_Goatee

I’d be interested to see if the ultimate goal is switching out Allen with Hamer or Sheaf and letting him them more attacking.

we improved massively when Kelly came on, so him at the base will allow Hamer to be more creative up the field
I was thinking similar. If Sheaf and Kelly keep their places it would be tempting to see Hamer pressing further forward

shmmeee

If worry about three DMs in that four. I like the shape the box gives us.

At best you’d have to go for a diamond with Kelly at the base and O’Hare at the tip I think, but it wouldn’t give us the right balance IMO. You need three attack minded players I think.

Maybe as an option to protect a lead. I can’t see Hamer behind the striker personally. I think it’s madder than playing Giles there, Dabo at DM level.

JulianDarbyFTW

I think we forget how young our team is sometimes. We've got the second youngest squad in the whole division, and that's boosted by McFadz being 33. We're getting fitness, growing into the expectations of the division, and have players still near the start of their careers who you'd have to hope will only get better, of which Sheaf is one. Sometimes we need to be a bit more hopeful about this team.

Nick

Administrator
A lot of what he does goes unnoticed. While he wasn't spraying 80 yard passes or taking people on, he made 2 probably vital challenges.

Skybluebeliever

I think we forget how young our team is sometimes. We've got the second youngest squad in the whole division, and that's boosted by McFadz being 33. We're getting fitness, growing into the expectations of the division, and have players still near the start of their careers who you'd have to hope will only get better, of which Sheaf is one. Sometimes we need to be a bit more hopeful about this team.
Also we need to look at how many games has sheaf played in the last 6 months

Users who are viewing this thread