Sheaf (1 Viewer)

Frostie

Last edited:

johnwillomagic

Very very harsh none of our team ....including the faves could live with Bournemouth all over the pitch.

No shame in that they are just far better I could stray numerous threads like this if im unblabced....Dabo shit, Giles headless chicken, O'Hare frightened rabbit etc...etc....

Liquid Gold

This is exactly the sort of thread that gets bumped months or years down the line and makes people look like they don't have a clue.

cc84cov

Sheaf & Hamer looked like they had just met prior to kick off...

Sheaf alongside Kelly can only be a good thing for Sheaf

shmmeee

Genuinely would rather have kept Eccles from what I’ve seen so far.

If we do go down not having to sign him will be the silver lining. I don’t think it is settling in pains because it’s all the stuff that Donny fans complained about in L1 last season. Passing range isn’t good enough, can’t take the ball in tight situations, defensively poor. Not impressed at all. Needs to pull his finger out if he’s going to make it above L1 level, the arrogance of the kid when you consider the lengthy negotiations and him thinking he could make it at Arsenal. He’s light years away from their team.

Greggs

Sheaf had the 2nd highest pass completion in our team tonight (89%) & the 4th highest across both teams (ignoring anomalies like Billing & McCallum who only played a handful of passes).

He was caught in possession & dispossessed twice. Man of the Match Dan Gosling was dispossessed 3 times.

Time to find a different scapegoat :rolleyes:
Hahahaha Gosling scored twice though......

AFCCOVENTRY

If we do go down not having to sign him will be the silver lining. I don’t think it is settling in pains because it’s all the stuff that Donny fans complained about in L1 last season. Passing range isn’t good enough, can’t take the ball in tight situations, defensively poor. Not impressed at all. Needs to pull his finger out if he’s going to make it above L1 level, the arrogance of the kid when you consider the lengthy negotiations and him thinking he could make it at Arsenal. He’s light years away from their team.

He might be able to play a different role against Brentford as Kelly will sit deeper so he can push up, but he might need a bit of mentoring. To be fair he did well with some quick feet to win the penalty.

Limey

I think you'll be proved wrong on a number of points there over time. His touch is very good. Looks to me like it's his fitness levels that need to be brought up, which will definitely happen now Hamers out.

shmmeee

I think you'll be proved wrong on a number of points there over time. His touch is very good. Looks to me like it's his fitness levels that need to be brought up, which will definitely happen now Hamers out.

His ponderousness (is that a word?) on the ball is his big problem. He’s worse than Shipley for giving it away in dangerous positions. It was the issue Donny fans had and it’s not down to fitness. His inability to close and win the ball might be fitness based, but he’s been training as long as everyone else so I don’t see why. He’s not returning from injury or a long spell out.

Hope he proves me wrong. His YouTube highlights looked good. But so far I’m distinctly not impressed. And that’s bad because his is a key position and I had high hopes for him.

Same goes for Tyler Walker TBH so far. But seen a lot less of him. Worrying for our two of our three big money (for us) transfers.

Ring Of Steel

So basically we get outplayed by a team with resources infinitely greater than ours, who were two leagues above us a few games ago, so we spend days singling out potential scapegoats to abuse and slag off. I notice the ‘golden boy’ Dabo isn’t attracting any comment, even though he was made to look like a non league defender at times- I guess that’s because he didn’t delay in signing his contract. Some of the bullshit people are coming out with is just laughable. Last night was no surprise whatsoever apart from they didn’t score as many as they should have done- learn from it, move on.

Warwickhunt

I thought O'Hare looked capable last night and showed some nice touches during the game and will be the influence we expect him to be over the season! Sheaf needs games and time to learn about his new colleagues! we need to beat the teams we should beat and learn from the quality teams.

Brighton Sky Blue

His ponderousness (is that a word?) on the ball is his big problem. He’s worse than Shipley for giving it away in dangerous positions. It was the issue Donny fans had and it’s not down to fitness. His inability to close and win the ball might be fitness based, but he’s been training as long as everyone else so I don’t see why. He’s not returning from injury or a long spell out.

Hope he proves me wrong. His YouTube highlights looked good. But so far I’m distinctly not impressed. And that’s bad because his is a key position and I had high hopes for him.

Same goes for Tyler Walker TBH so far. But seen a lot less of him. Worrying for our two of our three big money (for us) transfers.

A lot of the players need to adapt to having less time to make decisions with the ball-that’s the crux of it. That comes down part to the mental side of knowing what to do and part to the technical side of being able to pull off first time passes. It also seems to be impacting on our play even when we’re not getting pressed judging by how often we misplace the easier passes.

Let’s use training to work twice as hard on this stuff as basically all 3 goals last night can be traced back to the same thing

Frostie

His inability to close and win the ball might be fitness based, but he’s been training as long as everyone else so I don’t see why. He’s not returning from injury or a long spell out.

Most successful tackles in the team?
Ben Sheaf

Most successful interceptions in the team?
Ben Sheaf (tied with numerous others tbf).

I'm not saying he was good last night, he wasn't particularly but the singling out of him on here is appalling. Favourites like Hamer & Dabo were far, far worse.

I'll never understand the clamour to judge players before they've established themselves or even before they've joined in Sheaf's case.
Give the kid a break.

Lord_Nampil

Think sheafs going to get better as he gets match fit, his play may seem pedestrian at times and some of his moves may look clumsy but he clearly has been coached in away that will adapt especially as we find our feet in the championship! Last night he rarely lost the ball through passing and got stuck in when needed, and won the pen. I think the few games with Kelly will help him and then It will be a fight with Hamer who plays with Kelly, I can’t see Kelly missing games once he’s in the side! If you look at his game time in the football league, you can see how much experience he was up against last night, he would have learnt a lot last night and that will only benefit us!

NortonSkyBlue

Sheaf has the quality to come good. Yes he wasn’t the most effective today but with the exception of Hamer (who was sent off), Marosi (did all he could), macfadzean (who didn’t really put a foot wrong) O’Hare (who kept trying) and hyam (my motm) was he any worse than others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So you give Hamer a free pass?

SlowerThanPlatt

Struggling to pin criticism on one player when we’ve been outplayed across the pitch in EVERY position. A dominant B’mouth win.

Agreed. It makes some of our fans look naive when they talk about our players being sold on for millions. We played a top Championship side last night and none of our players could get near them.

SeaSeeEffCee

So you give Hamer a free pass?
Hamer gets a free pass from everyone because he's the golden boy. It's evident that some people have already made their minds up about certain players. Just look at the praise being given to Hamer in a game where he was arguably poor for all three goals and then got a stupid red, compared to Sheaf, who while not great, didn't let us down as much as Hamer did. If either Sheaf or Shipley had had the game Hamer had had yesterday they'd be getting crucified (well, more crucified than they already are). We're 4 games into the season and people are already writing players off based off very little football played. You'd have thought people would have learnt from the McWankty shite, or Dujon Sterling, or just the countless players we've had over the years who have had shaky starts and come good for us.

Grendel

Agreed. It makes some of our fans look naive when they talk about our players being sold on for millions. We played a top Championship side last night and none of our players could get near them.

Where’s Paxman?

Grendel

Hamer gets a free pass from everyone because he's the golden boy. It's evident that some people have already made their minds up about certain players. Just look at the praise being given to Hamer in a game where he was arguably poor for all three goals and then got a stupid red, compared to Sheaf, who while not great, didn't let us down as much as Hamer did. If either Sheaf or Shipley had had the game Hamer had had yesterday they'd be getting crucified (well, more crucified than they already are). We're 4 games into the season and people are already writing players off based off very little football played. You'd have thought people would have learnt from the McWankty shite, or Dujon Sterling, or just the countless players we've had over the years who have had shaky starts and come good for us.

Agreed

shmmeee

Most successful tackles in the team?
Ben Sheaf

Most successful interceptions in the team?
Ben Sheaf (tied with numerous others tbf).

I'm not saying he was good last night, he wasn't particularly but the singling out of him on here is appalling. Favourites like Hamer & Dabo were far, far worse.

I'll never understand the clamour to judge players before they've established themselves or even before they've joined in Sheaf's case.
Give the kid a break.

Yeah Dabo and Hamer were poor (I only watched the first half and listened to the second so probably missed the worst of Hamer), but theyve shown the quality.

I didn’t realise those stats. That’s fair enough. Maybe he improved second half and as I say I hope I’m wrong cos I had high hopes for him.

CCFCSteve

Agreed. Let’s be honest, it’s a standard over reaction by a few on here. Bournemouth are quality, might well win the league and we know the vast difference cost of squads, our lack of experience at this level etc etc, yet some still feel the need to dig players out after a couple of games ?? WTF ?!

To date, apart from yesterday, we’ve more than held our own. A year ago most wouldn’t have dreamed of promotion, let along being able to do that. L1 to Champ is a massive leap (see Luton last year), it will take some players a bit of time and thats not even taking into consideration the fact we didn’t play for 6 months when most opponents have.

SlowerThanPlatt

At the end of the day these are the type of players we have to take gambles on. A good Championship player isn’t coming here, we have to hope we can iron the flaws out quickly in these young players or it will be an uphill struggle.

Evo1883

It's hard to criticise players who have just been soundly beaten by a team that cost 40 times almost what ours did....

We've become accustomed to winning and competing, several of our players need time to adapt to a new level and are still very young...

Some need perspective, had we been dominated like that last night against let's say Preston or Huddersfield, I'd be able to discuss this as being a potential problem.

We are a limited young side, with players who will improve over several more years... It's a simple case of stick with it, improve gradually and hope over the next 3 years we can compete further up the league...

Let's survive first

SlowerThanPlatt

It's hard to criticise players who have just been soundly beaten by a team that cost 40 times almost what ours did....

We've become accustomed to winning and competing, several of our players need time to adapt to a new level and are still very young...

Some need perspective, had we been dominated like that last night against let's say Preston or Huddersfield, I'd be able to discuss this as being a potential problem.

We are a limited young side, with players who will improve over several more years... It's a simple case of stick with it, improve gradually and hope over the next 3 years we can compete further up the league...

Let's survive first

I think people would only be disappointed with last night if for some reason they thought we were going to challenge for the play offs. A wake up call, we’re in a mini league with Barnsley Rotherham and a few others.

fernandopartridge

Sheaf had the 2nd highest pass completion in our team tonight (89%) & the 4th highest across both teams (ignoring anomalies like Billing & McCallum who only played a handful of passes).

He was caught in possession & dispossessed twice. Man of the Match Dan Gosling was dispossessed 3 times.

Exactly, he got caught a couple of times very early on but was OK after that, against the best midfield he will face this season imo. He won the penalty as well quite cleverly.

shmmeee

Not every criticism of a player is making them a scape goat

stupot07

I think people would only be disappointed with last night if for some reason they thought we were going to challenge for the play offs. A wake up call, we’re in a mini league with Barnsley Rotherham and a few others.
From my perspective I was expecting that result and I predicted a relegation scrap this season, but I am very disappointed in the manner of the defeat and of our performance. In particular the amount of unforced errors and sloppiness in possession, we gave away more cheap ball last night than we did the whole of last season.

Its evident to me we haven't really added quality or improved the team, so this season is going to be a struggle.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread