Season ticket sales (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueCRJ

They didnt formally announce it as 7000 would have meant a refund - so it was possibly less than 7000 (either that or they didnt want to give us a refund!)

Yeah I don't think it was anywhere near 7K for actual season tickets sold (excluding match bundles). Just been doing some digging and from reports and the odd comment from that season I'm putting it at just below 6K.

covcity4life

:emoji_family_wwbb:

we should be OK now we have a decent manager in charge ;)

101025041_rexfeatures_9641215ak.jpg

Sky Blue Harry H

Looks like they were £285 - £390 in Early Bird and £350 - £475 after Early Bird which was 2nd May I think.

Yep - just had a look. Averaged 13,700 last year - but then you have to factor in Leeds, 2 x Sheffield clubs and all the Villas, Wolves etc followings in that division. What it does suggest is that most of their regulars have renewed via Season ticket (which you could argue, so have ours). Would expect us to have similar attendances to them on the basis of their season ticket take up.

Evo1883

depressing but true.
Only interested in days out at Wembley.
Fed up with it tbh , all the excuses under the sun over recent years and people haven’t really said much because of the owners .
2 Wembley trips in a year , a promotion and the city still can’t back their club .
This city hasn’t backed this club properly since the 1970 s , excuse after excuse all the time .
Boring now

Covkid1968#

I think lots are waiting for the packages - me included :)

Reactions: vow

Evo1883

Sunderland have sold 18000 as of Friday on the back of a double relegation .
Pompey sold well over 10,000 last season off the back of promotion .
This club just doesn’t have the core fanbase

Otis

A lot of peoope just haven't got the money, which is why the club should really push the finance option.

It works out around £30ish a month and the interest isn't too bad at all.

Stumping up £300 might prove really hard for a lot of people, but they could probably manage the Zebra finance thing on a monthly basis.

Evo1883

A lot of peoope just haven't got the money, which is why the club should really push the finance option.

Stumping up £300 might prove really hard for a lot of people, but they could probably manage the Zebra finance thing on a monthly basis.

I just don’t buy it Otis sorry .
We are a bigger city than Sunderland and Portsmouth , bigger than many cities but have noticeably weaker attendance figures and season ticket sales than nearly all.
This city has more wealth than Sunderland , it’s surrounding area is what you would call middle class , we just don’t have the fans

chiefdave

Sunderland have sold 18000 as of Friday on the back of a double relegation .
Pompey sold well over 10,000 last season off the back of promotion .
This club just doesn’t have the core fanbase
It increasingly looks that way. I get that every team has people that will only turn up for the big games and people that can't come week in week out but when you compare our season ticket sales to some other clubs the idea that we are in any way a big club that has some sort of right to be in the Championship or PL goes out the window.

Said in the past that if we reached the holy grail of the PL the Ricoh wouldn't be full every week as many seem to expect. This just reinforces that view. Promotion, two winning visits to Wembley in two years, cheap tickets when compared to other forms of live entertainment and still people don't back them.

Must be very frustrating for Robins, who has clearly stated on more than one occasion the more season tickets we sell the bigger the player budget we have, to see the likes of Sunderland at 18K while we struggle to reach a third of that.

clint van damme

I've been broke in the past Otis and not been able to attend games because of it, but I wouldn't have been able to cobble together a couple of hundred quid for a weekend and Wembley either.
I'm not one for normally slating people for not going as I appreciate there are a myriad of reasons but I'm just disappointed in sales at the moment and it's took the shine off of things a little bit for me.

clint van damme

It increasingly looks that way. I get that every team has people that will only turn up for the big games and people that can't come week in week out but when you compare our season ticket sales to some other clubs the idea that we are in any way a big club that has some sort of right to be in the Championship or PL goes out the window.

Said in the past that if we reached the holy grail of the PL the Ricoh wouldn't be full every week as many seem to expect. This just reinforces that view. Promotion, two winning visits to Wembley in two years, cheap tickets when compared to other forms of live entertainment and still people don't back them.

Must be very frustrating for Robins, who has clearly stated on more than one occasion the more season tickets we sell the bigger the player budget we have, to see the likes of Sunderland at 18K while we struggle to reach a third of that.

I would have argued the toss with you about that post a while ago but I have to concede that it looks as though you're spot on CD.

Evo1883

The vast majority in this city support your Man Utd’s Liverpool’s and Arsenal’s and rarely ever do they attend their matches either .
Go to Newcastle Leeds Sunderland Portsmouth I bet you any money these cities are majority home town backers .
Honestly this city doesn’t deserve a good team , and robins doesn’t deserve the city to shun him and his teams magnificent efforts.
It really makes me sick

Grendel

I don’t buy that for a minute

Evo1883

The club cannot win here

Even if season tickets were 200 pound which I believe they were for one season , we wouldn’t sell many more .
We had to give 14000 tickets away last season and the match tickets were Cheaper to go with it and couldn’t even get over 14000 paying customers .

New owners come here tomorrow then the excuses are completely gone and il tell you what , attendances would hardly budge

Seamus1

I said a few months back that people will just continue to move the goalposts to determine when they buy a (season) ticket.

Even if SISU were to leave, people would say 'Oh, I'll wait until the new owners invest'. If we get to the promised land of the Premier League, people will say 'I'll wait until we have a team that can challenge for the title'.

Grendel

The club cannot win here

Even if season tickets were 200 pound which I believe they were for one season , we wouldn’t sell many more .
We had to give 14000 tickets away last season and the match tickets were Cheaper to go with it and couldn’t even get over 14000 paying customers .

New owners come here tomorrow then the excuses are completely gone and il tell you what , attendances would hardly budge

Exactly - this notion we are a sleeping giant is a laugh. Our fan base the minute we were relegated from the top flight slumped to around 14,000 - the new stadium impact raised it but even then in the first season there was a gate of 17,000

It’s nonsense lowering season ticket prices - there would be little uplift.

Otis

I just don’t buy it Otis sorry .
We are a bigger city than Sunderland and Portsmouth , bigger than many cities but have noticeably weaker attendance figures and season ticket sales than nearly all.
This city has more wealth than Sunderland , it’s surrounding area is what you would call middle class , we just don’t have the fans
Sorry, Evo, I just don't get that argument.

Sunderland's average attendance last season was 27,600.

Ours was 11,200. Big difference.

Also, you have to factor in that Sunderland are red hot favourites, so a lot of their fans will be expecting a very big season from them and they have also reduced prices.

I couldn't fork out the ST in full, so had to do the payment option and I'm sure it's the same for many others.

You also need to factor in the amount of fans we lost. Yeah, they all came to Wembley, but that's just one game. Bit different to going up week in week out.

There's still time anyway. Be great if we can get to near 7,000.

chiefdave

But why does that impact us to such an extent and not other clubs?

Sunderland STs are £310-£415, Pompey are £369-£449, ours are £322-£368 so it certainly can't be the price. I refuse to believe that Sunderland and Pompey are far more prosperous cities than ours so its something else. Can't be a boycott as people turn up in huge numbers for certain matches. Can't be the location of the Ricoh, parking etc as again people turn up for the big games.

Grendel

The vast majority in this city support your Man Utd’s Liverpool’s and Arsenal’s and rarely ever do they attend their matches either .
Go to Newcastle Leeds Sunderland Portsmouth I bet you any money these cities are majority home town backers .
Honestly this city doesn’t deserve a good team , and robins doesn’t deserve the city to shun him and his teams magnificent efforts.
It really makes me sick

In an interview the other week he said he wants 20,000 fans up at the ground.

He will not take this well and I suspect unless the fans re-engage he will become disenchanted

Evo1883

Also, you have to factor in that Sunderland are red hot favourites, so a lot of their fans will be expecting a very big season from them and they have also reduced prices.

I couldn't fork out the ST in full, so had to do the payment option and I'm sure it's the same for many others.

You also need to factor in the amount of fans we lost. Yeah, they all came to Wembley, but that's just one game. Bit different to going up week in week out.

Otis mate there are over 350,000 people in Coventry , the surrounding areas aswell .
5500 season tickets on the back of promotion is toss

Otis

But why does that impact us to such an extent and not other clubs?

Sunderland STs are £310-£415, Pompey are £369-£449, ours are £322-£368 so it certainly can't be the price. I refuse to believe that Sunderland and Pompey are far more prosperous cities than ours so its something else. Can't be a boycott as people turn up in huge numbers for certain matches. Can't be the location of the Ricoh, parking etc as again people turn up for the big games.
We are only just on the up after forever in the doldrums. Nearly 20 years of abject failure.

Sunderland were obviously Premier league just the season before last and Pompey have had very recent success.

I do agree we should be doing better, but I think the being so crap for so long has proved to be a massive factor for us and hit us very hard as a club.

Grendel

Sunderland prices are exactly the same as ours. His point was that lack of money would apply in Sunderland and Coventry in equal measure. So it’s clearly nothing to do with money.

clint van damme

We are only just on the up after forever in the doldrums. Nearly 20 years of abject failure.

Sunderland were obviously Premier league just the season before last and Pompey have had very recent success.

I do agree we should be doing better, but I think the being so crap for so long has proved to be a massive factor for us and hit us very hard as a club.

to me that should give us more of a boost not less.
Sunderland have been mismanaged for years and we all know how that can sap the enthusiasm out of the support.

chiefdave

2015/16 was a flat rate of £249. Was a slight increase but nowhere near enough to offset the lower price. That worked out at £11 per game.

Grendel

to me that should give us more of a boost not less.
Sunderland have been mismanaged for years and we all know how that can sap the enthusiasm out of the support.

Exactly - the arguments he is making are not logical

Evo1883

Sunderland population 174000
Portsmouth population 205000

If any fanbase don’t deserve what’s happening to them , despite my hatred of them it’s sunderland .
That city backs it’s club , in very impressive numbers too .

We are poorly supported in comparison

Users who are viewing this thread