Season ticket sales (2 Viewers)

Tommo72

I suppose that means the people of Sunderland, not a rich City by any means, are more supportive of their club by a factor of 3.5 times.

Step up Coventry.....

Sunderland traditionally have better home support than Coventry, that isn’t going to change right now. Also Sunderland were in the Premiership a couple of years ago so you would expect their season ticket sales to be strong still, despite some of their lesser off field problems.

A 20% increase with two months to go before the season starts constitutes major progress. I’d expect another 500 maybe to go this week? 8-10k isn’t impossible.

Last edited:

NortonSkyBlue

Sunderland traditionally have better home support than Coventry, that isn’t going to change right now. Also Sunderland were in the Premiership a couple of years ago so you would expect their season ticket sales to be strong still, despite some of their lesser off field problems.

A 20% increase with two months to go before the season starts constitutes major progress. I’d expect another 500 maybe to go this week? 8-10k isn’t impossible.
I hope you are correct but I believe that apathy rules in our fair City. Its excuses.
Respect to Sunderland for their continued support.

Liquid Gold

I think 8-10k is a bit of a stretch now. I think it will settle around 6-6,500. Hope I'm wrong and we get more but that's still a decent increase on last year.

I've done my part and signed up one more for the season.

Tommo72

I hope you are correct but I believe that apathy rules in our fair City. Its excuses.
Respect to Sunderland for their continued support.

To an extent yes but it’s pretty much always been the case that If we get 20,000 they will prob get 30/35k, I don’t like them but they have excellent support.

Last edited:

Tommo72

Would be disappointing to have any less than 7k then after the promotion bounce

The club are driving the season ticket hard and another extension would not surprise me if this week goes well. Hard to put a number on a ‘good’ figure? We should have 10k minimum but I’d imagine 8k max is as high as it will get.

Sky Blue Harry H

Blackburn had 3rd highest average attendance in L1 with 12k. If we sell anywhere near 7k, with walk up, match packages, away attendance plus a bit of success, we ought to be pushing that. Only Pompey, Bradford and obviously Sunderland are likely to be higher.

Last edited:

skybluesam66

In 2016/17 it took the club until July 22 to reach the 5000 mark -

There was a refund system in place that season if we sold 7,000 - but according to Tim and Joy;s school of accounting, we did not reach that number
So probably in the region of 6000

Would be surprised therefore if we were not around 7500 this season
Add on Away support and walk up - and an average season, we would probably average around 12000 I would guess , which as mentioned above is in the top 3 or 4 in the league

Garryb80

Blackburn had 3rd highest average attendance in L! with 12k. If we sell anywhere near 7k, with walk up, match packages, away attendance plus a bit of success, we ought to be pushing that. Only Pompey, Bradford and obviously Sunderland are likely to be higher.
Barnsley already sold 8000

higgs

How many did we have the season we were relegated?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

SkyBlueCRJ

7K is probably realistic. Very few season tickets sell after the early bird period. If I had to put a guesstimiate on it I'd say an extra 500. Admittedly I thought the figure would be nearer 8K but it just goes to show how much we need to get back into the Championship as the Wembley brigade clearly doesn't qualify as a consistent fanbase unfortunately (cliche I know)

Sbarcher

7K is probably realistic. Very few season tickets sell after the early bird period. If I had to put a guesstimiate on it I'd say an extra 500. Admittedly I thought the figure would be nearer 8K but it just goes to show how much we need to get back into the Championship as the Wembley brigade clearly doesn't qualify as a consistent fanbase unfortunately (cliche I know)
What!!!!! You mean there wasn't 30,000 proper fans there?

covcity4life

we need to get to level where we top 6 by xmass and like league 1 last time we started to get bigger gates(17k for gillingham?) this time we need to maintain it post xmass of course

skybluesam66

How many did we have the season we were relegated?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
They didnt formally announce it as 7000 would have meant a refund - so it was possibly less than 7000 (either that or they didnt want to give us a refund!)

Users who are viewing this thread