SCG Meeting Notes - 30.10.13 (1 Viewer)

italiahorse

Yep, looking through historic averages, that's about right for CCFC.

They were mad enough to take us out if Cov, make no mistake, they are mad enough to build this.

Its not a Premiership stadium and that's where I want to be.
If you want a stadium placed between Currys and ASDA on an industrial estate in Rugby then good luck but it's not for me.

lewys33

If you want a stadium placed between Currys and ASDA on an industrial estate in Rugby then good luck but it's not for me.

Personally I wouldn't mind a stadium in hillfields in-between some houses!

Nick

Administrator
What would you say?

I would probably talk to the main tenant to see why they wanted to move out and build their own and if there was anything I could do to work with them to see if there was a way we could both make a bit of money out of it.

torchomatic

Well, what's the Ricoh then? Next to a big Tescos. All new stadiums are the same like new build housing estates.

lewys33

I would probably talk to the main tenant to see why they wanted to move out and build their own and if there was anything I could do to work with them to see if there was a way we could both make a bit of money out of it.

A lot easier said than done!

Grendel

It's 12,000 !!

Really? So you have evidence we are building a new 12,000 seater stadium? Sensational news. Please tell us where this will be?

The Prefect

To be honest every time SISU talk about this new ground it seems like we've gone backwards and is less likley to happen. We're now being presented with the Ricoh as plan B when before it was stated the club had moved on.

As ever actions speak louder than words and this is where SISU seem to struggle. Either make an offer for the Ricoh or get on with building the new ground. Pretty sure everyone is totally bored of talking about hedge funds and politics now.

Fantastic summary of the current state of affairs. They're struggling to get a site for a stadium and time moves on. We're now up to four years in Northampton as nothing has happened this year and talking to CCC will waste another year or two which will make five or six years at Sixfields.

SISU don't need the Ricoh's freehold - they need ACL as they have a 40+ year operating lease on the site. The Council and Higgs need to name their price and ask for proof of funds from SISU. To sweeten the deal CCC could offer a freehold buy-in clause when the club get to the Premier League. Seppala can then accept or reject. I wouldn't waste time negotiating with her as she's the desperate buyer. CCC and Higgs don't need to sell.

shmmeee

16,000 is more than sufficient for the vast majority of games. If their were any sell - outs they could increase ticket prices to match revenues. 20,000 is historically too big.

20,000 was our average gate when Sisu took over, it's not unimaginable to hit those heights if we had say our first promotion season for 50 years, or in fact our first success for 25 years.

kingharvest

Did I hear that some members of this group want to sit in the Boardroom with Timmy?

Only you know what you heard.

What was said at the meeting was that when the SCG ToR were agreed about 18 months ago one item on there was that the SCG would attend board meetings. This hasn't happened yet because - and i'm guessing here - the agendas at the meetings in the last 18 months haven't exactly included items where fans could necessarily have much influence. So that was brought up as to when that might be able to happen.

There was also talk about fans being invited into the board room on matchdays to get a chance to chat to Steve Waggot and Tim Fisher and whoever else, on a more 1-2-1 basis.

edgy

As opposed to a stadium placed between Tesco & Leekes on an industrial estate?

It's not what I want but it's what they'll do.

RPHunt

It seems to me that SISU are really scraping the bottom of the barrell to get their message over if they have turned to the SCG.

Nick

Administrator
It seems to me that SISU are really scraping the bottom of the barrell to get their message over if they have turned to the SCG.

Why are they scraping the bottom of the barrel? What do people have against the SCG? I don't get it.

The Reverend Skyblue

I have said all along the relationship between SISU and the majority of fans has been broken beyond repair. Nothing they will do in the furture will repair it, if they build a new 12-15-18 000 seater stadium the majority still would not go it , most weeks it will be half full at best.

I am not speaking personally but the hate for SISU and their mouthpiece Fisher is irreparable, impossible to rectify or repair. This new stadium will stand underused, and bring in a paltry real revenue for the club to use and move forward. How will they ever sell,(like we all think SISU will do once built), a 12-15-18000 stadium that is not wanted , used , or even liked ,by the large majority of the followers of the club (whatever size it is is immaterial in my opinion, it could be the size and class of the San Siro, it won't be used to its full potential ever ) .

The stadium will be seen by the many as a monument to the greed and evil of a London based hedge fund who took there much loved club to another town/county in a game of cat and mouse to try and break a local company to agree to its own terms to make a lot of money on the cheap. The relationship has gone and never will be fixed , and that new stadium will always be seen as a SISU stadium, whoever they try to sell it too, and will never be used to its full or even part potential. People have long memories and will never forgive what SISU did to their club by taking it away from its home city.

Bulding this new stadium instead of being a new start for the club will sound the death bell of the club, due to what it stood for and how it was allowed to happen

As I say I am speaking generally and not from my own point of view, I want us back at the Ricoh asap with some chance of being sustainable, but I know too many people who have above all this mess, a real and deep hatred for all that is SISU ,whether we agree with them or we don't. It is what this new stadium will always stand for, in the majority of memories of the followers of CCFC

Last edited:

kingharvest

I have said all along the relationship between SISU and the majority of fans has been broken beyond repair. Nothing they will do in the furture will repair it, if they build a new 12-15-18 000 seater stadium the majority still would not go it , most weeks it will be half full at best.

I am not speaking personally but the hate for SISU and their mouthpiece Fisher is irreparable, impossible to rectify or repair. This new stadium will stand underused and bringing in a paltry revenue. How will they ever sell a 12-15-18000 stadium that is not wanted or used or even liked by the large majority of the followers of the club (whatever size it is is immaterial in my opinion, it could be the size and class of the San Siro, it won't be used to its full potential ever ) .

The stadium will be seen by the many as a monument to the greed and evil of a London based hedge fund who took there much loved club to another town/county in a game of cat and mouse to try and break a local company to agree to its own terms to make a lot of money on the cheap. The relationship has gone and never will be fixed , and that new stadium will always be seen as a SISU stadium, whoever they try to sell it too, and will never be used to its full or even part potential. People have long memories and will never forgive what SISU did to their club by taking it away from its home city.

As I say I am speaking generally and not from my own point of view, I want us back at the Ricoh asap with some chance of being sustainable, but I know too many people who have above all this mess, a real and deep hatred for all that is SISU ,whether we agree with them or we don't. It is what this new stadium will always stand for in the majority of memories of the followers of CCFC

I accept your opinion but from the people i've spoke to over the past 2 - 3 months i don't think you speak for as many as you think you do. Even some of the most ardent anti-SISU supporters i have spoken to have said that they would back a new ground if it was in the right place. Some have even said if SISU announced a site, plans for the ground, etc then they would go to sixfields.

So i'm not convinced by your argument. I agree that there is some serious damage done to the relationship of SISU and the fans - me included - and that in some cases it may be irreparable. But i also think that there are a lot of fans who are desperate to justify attending sixfields. Fair play to them for standing by their principles whilst nothing concrete exists, but if it ever does, i would predict a rise in attendances in Northampton.

covcity4life

i dont think i know anyone outside this forum who would not go back(ricoh or new ground) whilst under sisu

its an interesting one

Nick

Administrator
I think most would go back if it was in Coventry apart from the Hardcore SISU OUT group, they would be attending functions at the Ricoh instead.

valiant15

I wouldn't set foot in sisu's cheap and tacky arena shithole. If the club moves out of the city boundaries then it isnt ccfc anymore. It isn't in Coventry so it isn't representing the city.

Nick

Administrator
I wouldn't set foot in sisu's cheap and tacky arena shithole. If the club moves out of the city boundaries then it isnt ccfc anymore. It isn't in Coventry so it isn't representing the city.

The council boundaries don't state the council lines, common sense should be used.

The Reverend Skyblue

I accept your opinion but from the people i've spoke to over the past 2 - 3 months i don't think you speak for as many as you think you do. Even some of the most ardent anti-SISU supporters i have spoken to have said that they would back a new ground if it was in the right place. Some have even said if SISU announced a site, plans for the ground, etc then they would go to sixfields.

So i'm not convinced by your argument. I agree that there is some serious damage done to the relationship of SISU and the fans - me included - and that in some cases it may be irreparable. But i also think that there are a lot of fans who are desperate to justify attending sixfields. Fair play to them for standing by their principles whilst nothing concrete exists, but if it ever does, i would predict a rise in attendances in Northampton.

Kingharvest I obviously move in different circles to you and I respect your opinion totally, but there is a real and tangible hatred out there for SISU,especially Fisher who is doing much more harm than good with his attitude to those of a differing opinion, and say if every father I know,and the fathers/sons they know, stops going and stops taking his son/daughter with them, and starts doing other things on game-days, our club has a very tough future ahead to regain the decent size support it has now. We have a poor future on crowds of 5-10,000 (its a guess I know) but pretty realistic taking into account the anti Sisu feeling around, even taking into account all the revenues on that. We will be kicking around the lower leagues for a long time if this is'nt sorted out very soon

I want to get us back at the Ricoh asap ,if that's under SISU so be it. There is a fantastic venue stood there doing bugger all, and a deal should, and could ,be done to get ownership for SISU if they meet the fair price.I pray it happens and happens soon as come new year I feel any chance will be over for good.

They are for certain not my first choice for owners, and if they do own it what has gone on before will harm their, and the Ricoh, earning potential for ever due to this hatred for them

Last edited:
They didn't say it was 9 miles - i asked what reassurances we could have on maximum distance from city centre and Tim said it had to be within 8 miles of Earl Street. So anywhere outside the CCC boundaries but within 8 miles.

Someone with a better sense of geography than me can work out where that leaves us.

In warwick,rugby,nuneaton or solihull

valiant15

turning up at random Indian weddings in the eon suite lol

Be careful what you wish for. Acl won't wait forever. As lucas said last night,they'll give sisu until the end of the year then they'll move on.

What about if it's all bollocks from sisu about a new ground and in the meantime the playing arena at the Ricoh is being redeveloped for another use?

covcity4life

Be careful what you wish for. Acl won't wait forever. As lucas said last night,they'll give sisu until the end of the year then they'll move on.

What about if it's all bollocks from sisu about a new ground and in the meantime the playing arena at the Ricoh is being redeveloped for another use?

thats the worry,im wishing for resolution and nothing else

but if it all goes tits up i wont be blaming only 1 side.

valiant15

The council boundaries don't state the council lines, common sense should be used.

Rugby Nuneaton Solihull warwick Leamington isnt Coventry.

Coventry City should play in Coventry. If they build their tinpot shithole in any of those other town's then it isn't ccfc anymore. Infact imo they should change the clubs name to wherever they end up playing. The people of Coventry can then hopefully start another club using the ccfc name.

valiant15

thats the worry,im wishing for resolution and nothing else

but if it all goes tits up i wont be blaming only 1 side.

That's the reality of the situation now. The club will be homeless and groundsharing in Northampton permanently.

I don't believe they'll be a new ground.

kingharvest

I want to get us back at the Ricoh asap ,if that's under SISU so be it. There is a fantastic venue stood there doing bugger all, and a deal should, and could ,be done to get ownership for SISU if they meet the fair price.I pray it happens and happens soon as come new year I feel any chance will be over for good

Well that's one thing i'll always agree with you on - the Ricoh will always be my first choice. A stadium outside the city (but within 8 miles of Earl Street) is a very very reluctant compromise.

Any stadium that is built even further away form the centre of Cov than the Ricoh is will inconvenience fans and cost more to travel to. Highfield road was an ideal location for Coventry based fans as many could walk to the ground or were a minimum of a 1 bus ride away. Ricoh less could walk top it but there were far more parking spaces. Moving the ground to Baginton - which I think is the only feasible site will massively inconvenience those fans in North Coventry and North Warwickshire not sure it will necessarily grow our fan base in South Warwickshire and South Coventry.

Even if they get it built in 3 years time what state will the club's fanbase be by then ?.

Most of the freehold land at baginton is owned by ccc so i do not think it is there.

valiant15

Well that's one thing i'll always agree with you on - the Ricoh will always be my first choice. A stadium outside the city (but within 8 miles of Earl Street) is a very very reluctant compromise.

Well you sixfields lot can follow timmy and co to his tiny ground but there will be a lot who won't.

A 12k stadium is a disgrace. It just shows the plans they've got for the club. Decades in league 1 beckons.

Some fans get what they deserve though.

Users who are viewing this thread