Sarah Everard (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

clint van damme

Complaints against 1000 of 45000 officers, that's utterly staggering.
They're the biggest, most dangerous gang in London and they've got the establishment on their side, frightening really.

skybluetony176

Complaints against 1000 of 45000 officers, that's utterly staggering.
They're the biggest, most dangerous gang in London and they've got the establishment on their side, frightening really.
Known as Dave the Bastard, known to be a danger to women. I know, let’s give him a gun and train him how to use it “effectively”. That’s the bit that gets me above all else. They knew he was a danger to women, did nothing about it, other than make him a more dangerous individual.

Brighton Sky Blue

And that's just sex crimes and domestic abuse.
Wonder what the percentage is when other crimes are taken into account?
A female police officer I know says that her colleagues often use ‘dark humour’ as a coping mechanism for the job. I’m not sure how to take that really.

clint van damme

A female police officer I know says that her colleagues often use ‘dark humour’ as a coping mechanism for the job. I’m not sure how to take that really.

well I know that to be true of the emergency services in general, however, these officers have had complaints of domestic abuse and sexual assault. It's well beyond 'banter'.

Sick Boy

I mentioned on here about my previous dealings with officers in the Met on a personal level and got laughed at…I still stand by it.

SkyBlueCharlie9

My ex brother in law (armed response officer in South East police force) was the biggest racist, misogynistic, homophobic person I ever had the misfortune to meet answered many of his mates in the force. Rotten to to the core.

nicksar

My ex brother in law (armed response officer in South East police force) was the biggest racist, misogynistic, homophobic person I ever had the misfortune to meet answered many of his mates in the force. Rotten to to the core.
My Brother in law is a police Sergeant and he's very similar.....must be an entry requirement.

skybluetony176

My best mates older brother always wanted to be a police officer and joined in about 1987. Dropped out during training basically at the insistence of the police force. The official reason was because he wasn’t aggressive enough but he’s always maintained that the real reason was because he didn’t possess the “qualities” you describe. I kind have thought that we’d moved on from that period in time.

fernandopartridge

I always think of that line from Operation Good Guys where they go to visit the ex copper who runs training courses who appears to be into the KKK

"Of course he's not a racist, he's an ex police officer for goodness' sake"

RegTheDonk

Got about 5 in the wider family circle by marriage, kids' partners' families etc., some are kind of "up" themselves but they're all really anti discriminatory and find the whole Met stuff abhorrent, think they're genuinely shocked there's so many being investigated.

Nick

Administrator
Do love how it's OK to make out that all coppers are baddies.

Imagine if you grouped people based on their skin colour or having a vagina or not. Same people probably blow their lid.

SBT

Do love how it's OK to make out that all coppers are baddies.

Imagine if you grouped people based on their skin colour or having a vagina or not. Same people probably blow their lid.
What a bizarre thing to say. I’m not even saying “all cops are baddies”, but it’s their chosen profession - how many people choose to have a certain skin colour or a certain set of genitalia?

Nick

Administrator
What a bizarre thing to say. I’m not even saying “all cops are baddies”, but it’s their chosen profession - how many people choose to have a certain skin colour or a certain set of genitalia?

It isn't bizarre, just pointing out the generalisation of it.

SBT

As far as generalisations go, it clearly isn’t anything near as bad as generalising based on race or gender. Not sure what your point is, beyond #NotAllCops

clint van damme

It's a fucking mental thing to say.
Their choosen profession is upholding the law and a large percentage of them don't think that applies to them.
It's not all of them obviously, the the percentage under investigation is incredibly high.

Nick

Administrator
It's a fucking mental thing to say.
Their choosen profession is upholding the law and a large percentage of them don't think that applies to them.
It's not all of them obviously, the the percentage under investigation is incredibly high.

Is it actually a large percentage though?

SBT

Answer the question, is it a large percentage or not?
Yeah for a law enforcement agency with sweeping authoritarian powers it’s pretty fucking big.

If it was 2% of BBC, Pfizer or World Economic Forum employees being accused of sexual assault you probably wouldn’t sleep for days in outrage.

Users who are viewing this thread