Sarah Everard (2 Viewers)

Liquid Gold

It’s not thought. It’s why you have checks on recruits and processes to ensure it’s the exception when things go wrong. Part of the problem is people assuming cause someone has authority they must be correct.
I think with extra power should come extra responsibility. They need to be whiter than white.

The same should go for politicians too but the more powerful you are the more you can get away with.

Sky Blue Pete

I think with extra power should come extra responsibility. They need to be whiter than white.

The same should go for politicians too but the more powerful you are the more you can get away with.
Oh I completely agree but people assume they are and they’re not they are members of the community they swerve and are fallible human beings so need to be held in check like vicars

stay_up_skyblues

Not only is there good and bad in everyone there is good and bad in every profession. This shouldn’t come as a surprise

Don’t disagree Pete it’s a just not a good look at all, particularly in the current climate.

40,000 odd met police I believe, be interested to see the % of staff charged/convicted of sex offences against another industry of similar numbers.

Sky Blue Pete

Don’t disagree Pete it’s a just not a good look at all, particularly in the current climate.

40,000 odd met police I believe, be interested to see the % of staff charged/convicted of sex offences against another industry of similar numbers.
It’s likely to be and if it’s not it will be because of the myth of authority protecting them

Bugsy

Grendel

All the police Ive met on a personal level have all been scumbags.

I think that’s really absurd. I’ve known several and many are pretty decent people - I knew one who worked in tbe Met for years - he admitted a problem with being desensitised to things but the people they deal with day in day out makes it a pretty miserable job most of the time

Brighton Sky Blue

I think that’s really absurd. I’ve known several and many are pretty decent people - I knew one who worked in tbe Met for years - he admitted a problem with being desensitised to things but the people they deal with day in day out makes it a pretty miserable job most of the time

There is clearly an institutional issue afoot here though, notwithstanding the difficulty of the job

Sick Boy

Those that I’ve met have also been part of the MET and within a few hours had revealed their true colours. Im not saying that they’re all bad but a high proportion are undesirable, to say the least. It’s not really absurd as it’s my own personal experience of them, same as yours.

Last edited:

Grendel

There is clearly an institutional issue afoot here though, notwithstanding the difficulty of the job

how many in the force do you have personal acquaintance with?

Grendel

Those that I’ve met have also been part of the MET and within a few hours had revealed their true colours. Im not saying that they’re all bad but a high proportion are undesirable, to say the least. It’s not really absurd as it’s my own personal experience of them, same as yours.

So the majority are corrupt - over 50% blimey

clint van damme

I think I've said it before on this thread but the book the untouchables about the MET is incredible.
I would say itsgor far worse since then.

clint van damme

Can you give us the nutshell?

About corruption in the MET (obviously) and focuses on some high profile cases, Daniel Morgan and Stephen Lawrence being the most famous.
The Collusion between some MET officers and the tabloids and between them and some London criminals is mind boggling.

I'm convinced they were involved in the murder of Daniel Morgan.

David O'Day

Users who are viewing this thread