Sarah Everard (2 Viewers)

NorthernWisdom

it goes without saying that many of them do a really amazing job. That being said, the numbers we are seeing here are really worrying, it's really high isn't it?
Amazingly I agree with you. I was really surprised at the numbers, which I suppose makes me pro police really, as I assume most of them are OK.

Even with those numbers, of course, most of them *are* OK, but that still seems extreme for the upkeepers of law and order!

Sky Blue Pete

Amazingly I agree with you. I was really surprised at the numbers, which I suppose makes me pro police really, as I assume most of them are OK.

Even with those numbers, of course, most of them *are* OK, but that still seems extreme for the upkeepers of law and order!
I think it’s healthy that we don’t think the police or teachers or church people are more trustworthy than any other group but it makes society so so hard to function

Bugsy

He’ll probably be with other sex offenders so unlikely to mix with non sex offenders. Tends to be deliberate in prison to do that as it’s easier than putting them with other prisoners who like to have a go at sex offenders. So unless there’s an incarcerated sex offender who has a particular hatred for police officers it’s unlikely. Most sex offenders tend to keep themselves to themselves and their heads down in prison and generally are very little trouble.

yeah and they learn sweet fuck all and do it again.

Bugsy

rob9872

Most sex offenders tend to keep themselves to themselves and their heads down in prison and generally are very little trouble.
Perhaps they could try this before they commit? Just a thought.

Sky Blue Pete

Perhaps they could try this before they commit? Just a thought.
Be good wouldn’t it, the prison I volunteer at there are many reasons why they commit the crime, some of which could have been avoided with earlier intervention but they are all responsible for their actions of course

Last edited:

rob9872

Be good wouldn’t it, the prison I volunteer at there are many reasons why they commit the crime, some of which could have been avoided with earlier intervention
Castration or sterilisation?

rob9872

Often psychosis or addiction
Nothing more than others but anyone is capable of pretty much anything
I meant the early intervention.

Of course we're capable of anything, the difference is knowing what's right and wrong and a bit of self restraint. If they don't know by adulthood that being a bit noncy is a bad thing then they're a lost cause.

Sky Blue Pete

I meant the early intervention.

Of course we're capable of anything, the difference is knowing what's right and wrong and a bit of self restraint. If they don't know by adulthood that being a bit noncy is a bad thing then they're a lost cause.
I know that’s it’s hard for you to understand and that’s great. Lucy faithful and stop it now charities will show you the stats of how normal adults can find themselves committing criminal acts that could have been avoided. There is a capacity in all of us for good and bad im certain of it

Grendel

I know that’s it’s hard for you to understand and that’s great. Lucy faithful and stop it now charities will show you the stats of how normal adults can find themselves committing criminal acts that could have been avoided. There is a capacity in all of us for good and bad im certain of it

yes I’m sure there was always capacity to be good with Mr Brady or Mr Neilson - if only they got the help they needed

rob9872

I think I'm ok understanding how circumstances can change someone's outlook on committing crime, but that never excuses sexual crimes which are completely different. If its all the same with you I'd rather live in blissful ignorance and know that I'd rather we lived in a society without nonces and sexual predators and perhaps if we weren't so gullible and dealt with them how most of the public would prefer, there would be a lot less of them.

Grendel

Not sure what’s to be gained from highlighting two of history’s most notorious killers to try and undermine someone who’s actually got first-hand experience of this stuff.

First hand experience of what exactly? The reality is if this reformed chap was released and moved next door to you or anyone else I doubt you’d be very happy - I wouldn’t - actually let’s look at someone who experienced people decided has regained his humanity

Mr Pitchfork - how did he show that side on his release?

Grendel

And therein lies the problem. No meaningful engagement just a binary evil and not evil.

So you think certain people who commit heinous crimes are capable of re introducing into society

Who - Mr Pitchfork (clearly not) Mr Huntley (interestingly Mr Huntley was one juror away from a hung jury as they believed this evil killer) Ms Domaghue Mr Moore? The list goes on

We heard this week of the harrowing story of a dog Walker mauled by dogs. I’ll be honest the dog Walker was greedy and stupid and the dog owners negligent in allowing her to control 7 dogs of different sizes and character. These dogs deserve to have another chance - they won’t - but they are less a threat than this monster who should just be put down

Last edited:

Sky Blue Pete

I think I'm ok understanding how circumstances can change someone's outlook on committing crime, but that never excuses sexual crimes which are completely different. If its all the same with you I'd rather live in blissful ignorance and know that I'd rather we lived in a society without nonces and sexual predators and perhaps if we weren't so gullible and dealt with them how most of the public would prefer, there would be a lot less of them.
There’d most likely be more. What’s gullible about identifying those in danger of committing crime and enabling them to get support not to commit it? Or working with those convicted on being part of society safely and managing the risk?
By most you mean castration, locking away for life or murdering them?

Really

Death penalty doesn’t reduce crime
Longer sentences costs huge amounts of money

There is no easy answer

Grendel

There’d most likely be more. What’s gullible about identifying those in danger of committing crime and enabling them to get support not to commit it? Or working with those convicted on being part of society safely and managing the risk?

Really

There is no easy answer

Murdering them - wow

SBT

First hand experience of what exactly? The reality is if this reformed chap was released and moved next door to you or anyone else I doubt you’d be very happy - I wouldn’t - actually let’s look at someone who experienced people decided has regained his humanity

Mr Pitchfork - how did he show that side on his release?
Well Pete volunteers in prison and clearly talks to offenders, which sounds like valid input to the discussion, even if you disagree with what he says. I’m sure we could just run the prison system in keeping with the values of whichever awful serial killer you’ve been reading about on Wikipedia this week instead, but I’m not sure it’s going to make for the most productive debate.

Grendel

Well Pete volunteers in prison and clearly talks to offenders, which sounds like valid input to the discussion, even if you disagree with what he says. I’m sure we could just run the prison system in keeping with the values of whichever awful serial killer you’ve been reading about on Wikipedia this week instead, but I’m not sure it’s going to make for the most productive debate.

I doubt he’s met anyone whose committed heinous crimes

Out of interest on release would you have been happy if Colin pitchfork became your next door neighbour?

rob9872

Really

There is no easy answer
There's a very easy answer and whilst you're entitled to want to continue to see the good in people, some are simply cunts.

If you consider that the death penalty for nonces, serial rapists and murderers is murder then we're on completely different pages.

Grendel

What would the term be? Sorry if that offends but isn’t deliberately taking someone’s life murder?

So would the putting down of the 7 dogs be murder? Or is that acceptable as they have no soul?

Users who are viewing this thread