Safe standing consultation (1 Viewer)

Calista

not overly fussed whether they bother with safe standing or not... as said above its not as big an issue as the fact we have about 4k empty seats as a max...

Based on how Doug has acted, if big attendances become the norm or we get promoted he will absolutely look to resolve the issue.

From latest map, focus will simply be making 10-13 open for home fans, no way the away fans get moved imo. for 3.5 away fans, 2 toilets and a couple of bars is more than plenty and pretty sure thats already in 6-9 so will just be splitting the concourse

View attachment 31778
Who has said they are looking to make 10-13 available for home fans? Is that stated in the consultation or are you guessing? Pete's OP just refers to safe standing in 13-16.

pusbccfc

Who has said they are looking to make 10-13 available for home fans? Is that stated in the consultation or are you guessing? Pete's OP just refers to safe standing in 13-16.

There are clearly issues getting safety certificates to have home fans in the South Stand and Block 13, hence why the club are looking at alternative options.

Calista

Mixed signals on this thread. Can we expect some kind of definite proposal from the club soon, as the basis for consultations, or are they just asking people to throw ideas around?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I already posted my ideas on another thread previously. The reality is, I genuinely have no idea how realistic it is to move the away fans, or what the rules would have to be on 'no mans land' segregation. Therefore, this is just a bit of fun. That being said I would be happy to get involved with the consultation. @Sky Blue Pete - I think it is a great opportunity for the club.

Key:

Yellow - New Singers Corner - Approx 2000 Capacity
Red - New Away End - Approx 3000 Capacity
Black - New Safe Standing Section - Approx 2000 Capacity
Orange - Segregation 'No Mans Land'

The section above the black square then becomes pretty much another tier, which could look smart behind a decent safe standing section, which itself would fit nicely between the two large entry/access points. The away end would need to comply with the minimum league standards (3000 I believe) and therefore might need some jiggling, but the rest of the stadium after that pretty much stays as it is.

1693953287179.png

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I already posted my ideas on another thread previously. The reality is, I genuinely have no idea how realistic it is to move the away fans, or what the rules would have to be on 'no mans land' segregation. Therefore, this is just a bit of fun. That being said I would be happy to get involved with the consultation. @Sky Blue Pete - I think it is a great opportunity for the club.

Key:

The section above the black square then becomes pretty much another tier, which could look smart behind a decent safe standing section, which itself would fit nicely between the two large entry/access points. The away end would need to comply with the minimum league standards (3000 I believe) and therefore might need some jiggling, but the rest of the stadium after that pretty much stays as it is.

View attachment 31781
If you move the away fans to that corner and have the safe standing at the front, who is going into Singer's Corner?

Those that want to be near the away fans will be further across. Those that want to stand will be in the standing area. Which leaves...who, exactly?

Reactions: SBT

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

If you move the away fans to that corner and have the safe standing at the front, who is going into Singer's Corner?

Those that want to be near the away fans will be further across. Those that want to stand will be in the standing area. Which leaves...who, exactly?

There's many options, you could even make that whole block above and including the black rectangle into a standing section. The question you have to ask is, how many of our fans want to go near the away fans, be in a singers type corner, or stand. My idea accommodates 4000 in a mixture of standing and seating.

The best standing sections in stadiums across the world have a section close to the pitch which is behind a goal. I will die on that hill. If they could do something like my idea here and make the away supporters in close proximity, the CBS would be the best stadium in the division.

MalcSB

Key:

View attachment 31781
Pitch needs some work.

MalcSB

Don’t worry, it will never happen.

slowpoke

I’d think slowly but surely introducing block 11 to the home fan section is achievable, trouble we have is although we know they looked small issues at the time we have a number of fan on the pitch happenings & not that long ago. So this saga organisation act on that, might take a full season of no on the pitch incidents to alter their minds. When you look at premier tv matches the “no mans land” aren’t very large at all.
Going on the last two home gates there are approaching 8000 seats available, that’s a lot of dosh potentially over a season.
If we can make progress there we could then look at a safe standing area.

Last edited:

Peter Billing Eyes

Key:

View attachment 31781
The black section you have reserved for standing would not work without serious reprofiling of the steps to prevent restricted views of the spectators in the sections around it. It’s a nice idea, but if you remember, when the Spion Kop at HR was seated and then returned to having a section of standing, the standing was to the rear to combat this issue. A lot of stadia in the 60’s>80’s had a standing paddock in front of seating, but there was an inevitable ’balcony effect’ between the two or a change in elevation to eliminate sightline concerns for seated fans to the rear and sides of those who elected to stand.

Last edited:

Peter Billing Eyes

It‘s worth considering on this topic, in this country, current legislation regarding the seating/standing ratio is 1:1. Standing places are ticketed the same as for the corresponding seat number; it’s not an arbitrary case of turning up and standing where you like or allowing 2 standing spectators per seat space (even though standing fans take up less room than seated ones).
To the contrary, any change to the seating plan should not have a detrimental effect on capacity.
This is because we are tenants and it’s unreasonable to make changes that could impact on the Fraser Group’s opportunity to earn from other events not involving CCFC. Metaphorically, it’s like renting a 4 bedroom house and knocking 2 bedrooms together without the landlord’s knowledge to create a 3 bed house, subsequently reducing the value of the property and its financial potential.

Last edited:

Saddlebrains

Key:

View attachment 31781

That's the worst idea I've ever seen

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The black section you have reserved for standing would not work without serious reprofiling of the steps to prevent restricted views of the spectators in the sections around it. It’s a nice idea, but if you remember, when the Spion Kop at HR was seated and then returned to having a section of standing, the standing was to the rear to combat this issue. A lot of stadia in the 60’s>80’s had a standing paddock in front of seating, but there was an inevitable ’balcony effect’ between the two or a change in elevation to eliminate sightline concerns for seated fans to the rear and sides of those who elected to stand.

If you are investing in a remodel of the stadium, moving the away supporters etc, then reprofiling of the steps isn't really a change that would make it a deal breaker.

We've been through this before but even the seats affected by the view are a small amount anyway. The two bedroom house and knocking two rooms together isn't really a good analogy as the loss in capacity would be almost nothing.

A standing section at the back is shoddy, as is three blocks if segregation between away and home fans. Ultimately if they're going to do a standing area it needs to boost the stadium and they need to use this opportunity. I know some people are attached to the corner but the layout of the stadium at the moment is a bit tinpot.

Peter Billing Eyes

If you are investing in a remodel of the stadium, moving the away supporters etc, then reprofiling of the steps isn't really a change that would make it a deal breaker.

We've been through this before but even the seats affected by the view are a small amount anyway. The two bedroom house and knocking two rooms together isn't really a good analogy as the loss in capacity would be almost nothing.

A standing section at the back is shoddy, as is three blocks if segregation between away and home fans. Ultimately if they're going to do a standing area it needs to boost the stadium and they need to use this opportunity. I know some people are attached to the corner but the layout of the stadium at the moment is a bit tinpot.
I didn't say we should have a standing section at the back, I was using the Spion Kop situation to demonstrate that you have to consider sightlines for all spectators before introducing standing sections. You are completely blind to the fact we don't own the stadium and therefore can't make adhoc alterations. Not withstanding any investment should have a return.

shmmeee

Other than putting the Sun in their eyes, I’m not sure what moving the away fans would do. Id just only give them half the stand, put safe standing in the corner and maybe blocks 10-12 if there’s the demand.

We’ve just shuffled everyone around with the family zone and the atmosphere is still finding its feet. Id worry about moving everyone again.

Reactions: AOM

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I didn't say we should have a standing section at the back, I was using the Spion Kop situation to demonstrate that you have to consider sightlines for all spectators before introducing standing sections. You are completely blind to the fact we don't own the stadium and therefore can't make adhoc alterations. Not withstanding any investment should have a return.

I'm really not sure why people are getting so upset about a picture edited on paint. I mentioned in my post that this drawing was notwithstanding to any rules there might be on moving the away fans, segregation etc.

Yes, there are some sight lines that would need to be taken into consideration, but you are exaggerating them massively. With some sensible planning they would largely be averted without a drastic impact on capacity, if any at all.

I get the feeling this is more about people being alergic to change than anything else.

AOM

Other than putting the Sun in their eyes, I’m not sure what moving the away fans would do. Id just only give them half the stand, put safe standing in the corner and maybe blocks 10-12 if there’s the demand.

We’ve just shuffled everyone around with the family zone and the atmosphere is still finding its feet. Id worry about moving everyone again.

Yep, and it's not like the days of League Two where moving fans or closing blocks off was beneficial for saving money or boosting the atmosphere.
Seems pretty unnecessary if true

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Why would they move singers corner away from away fans? And even if they tried, why would anyone do it?

In theory the whole South Stand then becomes a singers corner, not just the yellow section. You then also have a standing terrace, which would make that end a full section for those fans who really want to make noise. It would be much better than a tinpot corner 4 blocks away from the away fans as it stands.

pusbccfc

Moving away fans could allow us to actually fill the stadium as opposed to near 3000 empty seats.

Further more, we have a huge demand for Singers Corner as it's a very limited space.

shmmeee

Moving away fans could allow us to actually fill the stadium as opposed to near 3000 empty seats.

Further more, we have a huge demand for Singers Corner as it's a very limited space.

Why tho? The segregation is about the number of fans safely possible in the concourse I thought? Wouldn't we have that issue wherever we put them?

MalcSB

Actually, there is a near empty 8,000 seats as all those currently available haven’t been sold so far.

MalcSB

To be fair, and those in Singers Corner may not be able to hear it, there is a lot more noise coming from the North Stand than I have heard before- even some songs starting there. Leave away fans and Singers Corner where they are and there is potential for a wall of sound all round the stadium. Sort out the segregation in the South Stand which would probably be financially cheaper and logistically easier than moving them to the North Stand.

Calista

To be fair, and those in Singers Corner may not be able to hear it, there is a lot more noise coming from the North Stand than I have heard before- even some songs starting there. Leave away fans and Singers Corner where they are and there is potential for a wall of sound all round the stadium. Sort out the segregation in the South Stand which would probably be financially cheaper and logistically easier than moving them to the North Stand.
That does sound simpler than moving the away fans, as long as City fans can be given regular/permanent access to ~half of the South Stand, with just the minimum required away capacity and only a narrow no man’s land. No more empty blocks in a prime part of the stadium.

We keep hearing that the difficulties are in the concourse underneath, but hopefully it’s not impossible to fix with a bit of investment (which has potential to pay for itself in increased capacity).

Calista

Key:

View attachment 31781
Not trying to be obstructive, but apart from various other issues people have mentioned, you've got the away section where the new club shop is.

Calista

I take it the 80s throwbacks who want to stand will be paying for all of this? Great if so. If not, why should the rest of us have to pay and put up with changes that will always inconvenience some?
I get what you are saying Oakey, and I respect it. But remember that for many decades, the life and soul of football in this country was the thousands of fans standing on the terraces. In reaction to the safety and hooligan issues in the 70s and 80s, billions have been spent by clubs up and down the country to make it more of a theatre/concert experience, fitting everyone neatly into rows of seating. It does take something away.

IMO it was always possible to keep standing terraces if they were properly designed and the numbers were controlled. ‘Safe standing’ is a modest investment in giving back the choice to people, at a small cost relative to the astronomical spending that has been done on seated fans.

MalcSB

Not trying to be obstructive, but apart from various other issues people have mentioned, you've got the away section where the new club shop is.
Stupid place for the Club Shop, but only on match days. Moving the away support to North stand would create problems around the Anecdote and Casino. Only on match days.

MalcSB

That does sound simpler than moving the away fans, as long as City fans can be given regular/permanent access to ~half of the South Stand, with just the minimum required away capacity and only a narrow no man’s land. No more empty blocks in a prime part of the stadium.

We keep hearing that the difficulties are in the concourse underneath, but hopefully it’s not impossible to fix with a bit of investment (which has potential to pay for itself in increased capacity).
Probably cheaper than moving the away support.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The other issues aren't really problems, just resistance to change.

As for the club shop, at Swansea there seemed to be a lot of home and away fans mixing outside of it. I can't really see why that would be an issue. There's probably a shortage in pedestrian crossings there too, but if you keep on going on about things that are small inconveniences that it won't be possible to make any improvements at all.

SHUNT31

Stupid place for the Club Shop, but only on match days. Moving the away support to North stand would create problems around the Anecdote and Casino. Only on match days.
Why would it though? I don’t get why we are so OTT about home and away fans mixing. Jesus, it’s not the 80’s.

Away at Leicester, first time we have played them in 12 years and all fans mixed and released in to each other and no problems.

This idea that you can’t have fans mixing when entering or leaving the ground is nonsense and is not an issue at other grounds.

Users who are viewing this thread