Safe standing consultation (2 Viewers)

mmttww

Surely we should be looking at a system that increases capacity rather than reduce it?
If safe standing knocks 50 off a capacity of 32,500, I can live with that!

I dont think any safe standing or rail seat options increase capacity

It's just replacing seats 1:1. Assume the few seats lost is a sight lines issue.

I just want a solution that gives us an 'End'. Might be nostalgia, but I miss it.

WestEndAgro

It's just replacing seats 1:1. Assume the few seats lost is a sight lines issue.

I just want a solution that gives us an 'End'. Might be nostalgia, but I miss it.
There are systems which allows two people in the same space, so doubles the capacity of that area.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

News to me. Which clubs use them?
I don't believe it's a thing in this country but I believe, although could be wrong, that some places in Germany allow 2:1 for safe standing domestic games. Westfalenstadion goes from like 82k down to 62k ish for international games and I was under the impression that is due to the removal of the 2:1 safe standing and people having to sit.

CovInEssex

Away fans in the NE corner, North stand becomes Singers' End (having the end will ease congestion and accomodate more people instead of the rush for tickets in the current Singers Corner - i know fans that aren't going at the minute due to a lack of tickets in 14-17).

Family Zone where the away fans currently sit.

Having 2 standing areas is non-sensical if away fans are moved into the corner.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Away fans in the NE corner, North stand becomes Singers' End (having the end will ease congestion and accomodate more people instead of the rush for tickets in the current Singers Corner - i know fans that aren't going at the minute due to a lack of tickets in 14-17).

Family Zone where the away fans currently sit.

Having 2 standing areas is non-sensical if away fans are moved into the corner.

Don't think health and safety will allow the away fans in the NE corner, they would be mixing with the home fans after the game on the way out.

wingy

Bloody hell it went," this is crap , let's to the corner to get near em , don't like the sun blah blah.
Now it's get up the other end, FFS some of have been there from the start and wish it to remain that way.

pusbccfc

Don't think health and safety will allow the away fans in the NE corner, they would be mixing with the home fans after the game on the way out.

There are plenty of stadium's in this country where fans are in the corner and mix after the game. Ultimately, it's doable. Screenshot_20230904-152939.png

From the angle, I think it's easier than we think to create a segregated section when required.

You can easily park coaches and it's very easy to access the only away pub (The Longford Engine).

For many games, you wouldn't need to segregate it anyway but if we played Sunderland and police wanted total control, they could do. Or, if the noisy/potential troublemakers sat behind the goal, you could fence off the north stand but allow away fans to walk past the East Stand.

Although there are issues with the above. The memorial garden and bricks are on that corner. People also wouldn't like not being able to walk around the stadium.

WestEndAgro

Can safe standing increase capacity?

A: Yes, it can. Where there is enough room and where the law allows it.

Q: Is there enough room at my club’s ground?

A: Yes, if the seating rows are deep enough (ideally at least 750mm deep) and the exits and other elements of the infrastructure (including, for instance, the number of loos) are adequate for increased numbers.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

At every other ground in the country this happens though. I don't get it.
There are plenty of stadium's in this country where fans are in the corner and mix after the game. Ultimately, it's doable. View attachment 31772

From the angle, I think it's easier than we think to create a segregated section when required.

You can easily park coaches and it's very easy to access the only away pub (The Longford Engine).

For many games, you wouldn't need to segregate it anyway but if we played Sunderland and police wanted total control, they could do. Or, if the noisy/potential troublemakers sat behind the goal, you could fence off the north stand but allow away fans to walk past the East Stand.

Although there are issues with the above. The memorial garden and bricks are on that corner. People also wouldn't like not being able to walk around the stadium.

Both good points, but we're talking about our health and safety.

David O'Day

The away fans are staying where they are, it would cost a bit of money to set up the logistics to move them.

You need to be able create a blocked ff area for them and they you need to ensure that area has the required toilet and catering facilities.

If safe standing does come in it will be in 13,14,5 and maybe 16 as it is a plan to deal with us standing all the time anyway.

SHUNT31

The away fans are staying where they are, it would cost a bit of money to set up the logistics to move them.

You need to be able create a blocked ff area for them and they you need to ensure that area has the required toilet and catering facilities.

If safe standing does come in it will be in 13,14,5 and maybe 16 as it is a plan to deal with us standing all the time anyway.
Which DK has shown he is not afraid to do if it has a longer term benefit. If we get to PL, we will have demand that will require a different set up to what we have now. Cannot be leaving 3000 seats unsold for a sell out.

It would relatively easy to move them to the other corner and I am fairly sure there are both male and female toilets in the corner anyway.

If safe standing comes in, it has to be in the away end too. They are the rules.

mmttww

Bloody hell it went," this is crap , let's to the corner to get near em , don't like the sun blah blah.
Now it's get up the other end, FFS some of have been there from the start and wish it to remain that way.
Not following this one. I'm not fussed which end we have. Not fussed where the away fans go. Just like the idea of a Home End with some standing in it.

pusbccfc

How much would the club lose if we ever required 32,700 seats but could only sell 30,000 just like in the play offs?

pusbccfc

Not following this one. I'm not fussed which end we have. Not fussed where the away fans go. Just like the idea of a Home End with some standing in it.

And I'm sure we'd all prefer having a sold out stadium, something that couldn't happen against Middlesbrough.

David O'Day

How much would the club lose if we ever required 32,700 seats but could only sell 30,000 just like in the play offs?
less than it would cost to completely rebuild the concourse area to make it safe from a facilities viewpoint

it's just not going to happen, the consultation is for standing in the corner

pusbccfc

less than it would cost to completely rebuild the concourse area to make it safe from a facilities viewpoint

it's just not going to happen, the consultation is for standing in the corner

There's also a work being put in to look for an alternative away section.

You wouldn't need to rebuild the concourse. Most new builds have shutters etc.

If we wanted to sell out against Huddersfield in a few weeks, we cannot. We are capped at 30k in a 33k seater stadium. We threw money away against Birmingham and Middlesbrough.

David O'Day

There's also a work being put in to look for an alternative away section.

You wouldn't need to rebuild the concourse. Most new builds have shutters etc.

If we wanted to sell out against Huddersfield in a few weeks, we cannot. We are capped at 30k in a 33k seater stadium. We threw money away against Birmingham and Middlesbrough.
there is not any work being put into moving the away fans

I am not taking about shutters, read what I am saying. I am talking about facilities required for the supporters in there, food, drink enough toilets to pass health and safety regs, multiple exits.

To give enough of these you would have give the away fans an are that would include the vomitoriums for blocks not in that corner. If you just put up shutters there are not enough toilets or food kiosks.

oscillatewildly

What we gonna bring back next - Bear baiting and dunking witches?
Couldn't give a damn about this - Such a hassle for so little end 'product'.

oakey

I take it the 80s throwbacks who want to stand will be paying for all of this? Great if so. If not, why should the rest of us have to pay and put up with changes that will always inconvenience some?

mmttww

I take it the 80s throwbacks who want to stand will be paying for all of this?
It's not a throwback thing, it's a response to a reality - thousands of people stand at games already.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
What we gonna bring back next - Bear baiting and dunking witches?
Couldn't give a damn about this - Such a hassle for so little end 'product'.
I take it the 80s throwbacks who want to stand will be paying for all of this? Great if so. If not, why should the rest of us have to pay and put up with changes that will always inconvenience some?
We're going to be bringing back a choice. Remember we used to have that? West Terrace or Kop.

By all accounts safe standing is safer than standing in a seated area, so don't get the hyperbole 🤷‍♂️

ccfcricoh

not overly fussed whether they bother with safe standing or not... as said above its not as big an issue as the fact we have about 4k empty seats as a max...

Based on how Doug has acted, if big attendances become the norm or we get promoted he will absolutely look to resolve the issue.

From latest map, focus will simply be making 10-13 open for home fans, no way the away fans get moved imo. for 3.5 away fans, 2 toilets and a couple of bars is more than plenty and pretty sure thats already in 6-9 so will just be splitting the concourse

1693923986861.png

oakey

We're going to be bringing back a choice. Remember we used to have that? West Terrace or Kop.

By all accounts safe standing is safer than standing in a seated area, so don't get the hyperbole 🤷‍♂️
Great. With more choice comes more cost, so those that want more choice can pay for it. I can't see why that's controversial.

mmttww

Great. With more choice comes more cost, so those that want more choice can pay for it. I can't see why that's controversial.
It's not, you're just ignoring the reality that at grounds everywhere, every week, people stand all game.

This is solely about making that safer.

oakey

I'm not ignoring that. I think you are ignoring the reality that to accommodate those who insist on standing there is considerable cost and disruption. This should be borne by those who insist upon standing not the rest of us.
Again can't see why that's controversial unless you think everyone should pay for what a section of fans want.

mmttww

This should be borne by those who insist upon standing not the rest of us.
I don't think the club will be passing a hat round to ask people to cover the cost, so I don't understand the point you're making.

If you want tickets to cost more in standing areas, I think that's a strange take. If not, what's your suggestion?

Atmosphere comes from people who are standing. It did at HR, it does now, same at away games. We all get to enjoy it.

Users who are viewing this thread