Safe standing consultation (2 Viewers)

Sky Blue Pete

From the supporters forum we agreed to share this for feedback from our groups

feedback direct to the email included

Subject: Safe Standing

As promised last night

Coventry City are undertaking supporter consultation over the coming months regarding safe standing at the Coventry Building Society Arena, with the plan to implement safe standing solutions in time for the 2024/25 campaign.
Chief Executive Dave Boddy has undertaken work and site visits in conjunction with the Arena over the past few months, hosting a number of potential providers of a safe standing solution. This work will continue, with fan consultations to begin at the start of the season. This work has also included meetings with Coventry City Council and the Sports Ground Safety Authority.
The Club has currently identified Blocks 13, 14, 15 and 16 from Row U upwards for the safe standing solution to be installed, as a result of safety concerns identified by authorities over a period of time in these areas, however this may change following the consultation.
The Club, Coventry City Council and the Sports Ground Safety Authority spoke at July’s Supporter Forum to supporters group representatives, and we now welcome feedback from these groups regarding the plans.
Supporter Groups are asked to email [email protected] with any views they have on safe standing at the Arena, or any queries they would want the Club to address.
Shortly, Coventry City will be contacting all supporters directly affected by the proposals to gather their views too.

Mark Hornby
Head of Marketing & Communications
Coventry City Football Club

slowpoke

Doesn’t concern me I’ve moved elsewhere but as you know that area fans stand now all over, once introduced will standing in front of row U be clamped down on ?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Seems like a bit of a village allocation to be honest. Top of the stand in one corner...

Would like to see a bit more enthusiasm and ambition put into it.

slowpoke

Seems like a bit of a village allocation to be honest. Top of the stand in one corner...

Would like to see a bit more enthusiasm and ambition put into it.
Wouldn’t surprise me if it works AND fans behave that’s the important bit it will be increased block by block.

SkyBlueMatt

It's a good move, it will affect my seat. Everyone stands there anyway so if it means less headaches for the management / stewards / policing then its a winner.

Hopefully it will lead to tickets in that area (if available - not this season) being sold on match days. Reduction in the amount of stewards needed to babysit.

wingy

It would help to resolve the south stand issue and align it with the progress of safe standing,then if it's required extended into 13-10.

pusbccfc

Told today that consultations have taken place about moving away fans into the corner for Blocks 23-27 for next season which would then allow safe standing to be installed in both corners.

Ultimately, it seems the club are keen to sort the current issues with segregation while adding the safe standing.

SHUNT31

Told today that consultations have taken place about moving away fans into the corner for Blocks 23-27 for next season which would then allow safe standing to be installed in both corners.

Ultimately, it seems the club are keen to sort the current issues with segregation while adding the safe standing.
Yes Yes Yes GIF

Calista

Enabling the South Stand to become
the home end, with the away fans looking into the sun?
I'd be all for that.

SHUNT31

Hopefully this doesn’t mean that people move from the corner to be near the away fans. We’ve really got a special thing going with the atmosphere since our return.

pusbccfc

Hopefully this doesn’t mean that people move from the corner to be near the away fans. We’ve really got a special thing going with the atmosphere since our return.

They 100% will.

If the away end is in that corner, I'd be moving behind the goal. The North Stand would be packed and vocal.

pusbccfc

What about the family zone and my seat

Would be moved I'd imagine.

This seems to be a serious, long term investment. The sort of thing that would see changes in concourse and a complete change in seating plan.

SHUNT31

Would be moved I'd imagine.

This seems to be a serious, long term investment. The sort of thing that would see changes in concourse and a complete change in seating plan.
It is needed, I’ve been championing it for a while now. Family zone doesn’t necessarily have to be moved. If the change happened it would be a very similar set up to Leicester and their FZ is next to away fans behind the goal.

pusbccfc

It is needed, I’ve been championing it for a while now. Family zone doesn’t necessarily have to be moved. If the change happened it would be a very similar set up to Leicester and their FZ is next to away fans behind the goal.

The issue would be a mass move to the North stand for the vocal fans. You wouldn't really want that next to the FZ.

SHUNT31

The issue would be a mass move to the North stand for the vocal fans. You wouldn't really want that next to the FZ.
Have to also factor in that people moving would mean people standing. Not sure they’ll want that having installed safe standing in the corner, only for them to move away.

pusbccfc

Have to also factor in that people moving would mean people standing. Not sure they’ll want that having installed safe standing in the corner, only for them to move away.

From what Boddy said, I'm pretty certain fans would be part of the consultation before the standing sections are installed.

I'm very confident that the vast majority in the corner would want to move close to the away fans. 5000 capacity in the North Stand for the new singing section would be perfect. The corner is too small currently.

SHUNT31

From what Boddy said, I'm pretty certain fans would be part of the consultation before the standing sections are installed.

I'm very confident that the vast majority in the corner would want to move close to the away fans. 5000 capacity in the North Stand for the new singing section would be perfect. The corner is too small currently.
Yes, I agree. If they make the old Telegraph stand safe standing and move away fans to that corner, I’m all for moving. Will just have to make sure I take my sunglasses with me.

Calista

If the club are going to invest in safe standing in the current corner for the fans who want it, I can't imagine their intention is for those very fans to move down the other end to stand in one of the seated areas next to the away fans. They'd be exactly back to square one from a safety / policing perspective. And if demand for (home) safe standing increases, they surely wouldn't put it in the North Stand - they'd extend from the corner into the South?

pusbccfc

If the club are going to invest in safe standing in the current corner for the fans who want it, I can't imagine their intention is for those very fans to move down the other end to stand in one of the seated areas next to the away fans. They'd be exactly back to square one from a safety / policing perspective. And if demand for (home) safe standing increases, they surely wouldn't put it in the North Stand - they'd extend from the corner into the South?

Agreed. Sure it's all part of the current discussions.

Safe standing in 28/29/30 with away fans in the corner is a dream.

Calista

Agreed. Sure it's all part of the current discussions.

Safe standing in 28/29/30 with away fans in the corner is a dream.
The problem there is that on another thread sight lines were discussed. If 30 is safe standing, a lot of the seating in 31 would have to go. The most practical safe standing is in and around a corner, unless you are going to make a whole end safe standing (which i very much doubt).
So yes, I think it is a dream unfortunately.

Adge

Not sure he’ll be here too much longer.

slowpoke

Block eleven would be perfect for standing but fans have to behave, look at the game not rival fans. The segregation at the cbs is a farce anyway, I watched Spurs v Man United the other week historically not exactly the best of friends and the no-mans land was only about 6 seats wide.

pusbccfc

Block eleven would be perfect for standing but fans have to behave, look at the game not rival fans. The segregation at the cbs is a farce anyway, I watched Spurs v Man United the other week historically not exactly the best of friends and the no-mans land was only about 6 seats wide.

Fans have behaved in 99% of games in the past two seasons.

Look at the Sunderland game last week, not a peep of problems.

chiefdave

Not sure he’ll be here too much longer.
Didn't sound like he was off anytime soon from his program notes. Was a bit about the COO role that's been advertised and how new roles are being created because the club was so understaffed people were having to cover multiple roles.

Not sure there's a need for King, Boddy and whoever comes in to take this new role but think people might be disappointed if they're expecting Boddy gone in the next few weeks

Adge

Didn't sound like he was off anytime soon from his program notes. Was a bit about the COO role that's been advertised and how new roles are being created because the club was so understaffed people were having to cover multiple roles.

Not sure there's a need for King, Boddy and whoever comes in to take this new role but think people might be disappointed if they're expecting Boddy gone in the next few weeks
Not particularly bothered one way or the other if he stays or goes. Unfortunately he is always going to be associated with Joy and being a long-standing SISU stooge.

Gynnsthetonic

Don't think it will be long though, talking to someone who has worked at the stadium for a good few years said exactly that

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Those people will have a choice. Be near the away fans and sit down, or stay in the corner and stand.

WestEndAgro

Surely we should be looking at a system that increases capacity rather than reduce it?

Users who are viewing this thread