Robins post match/mcallum sale (7 Viewers)

Terry_dactyl

If we sell Mcallum I’d like to see us Investing in young prospects a la Westbrook, mcallum et al. I really don’t think we need to add to the first team too much. Signing Walsh would be ideal but I think is unlikely.
We seem to be quite good at getting ex-Chelsea youngsters so why change our policy?

Evo1883

Can anybody tell me how many shots godden has had since the hattrick at tranmere, I mean he had the service in them games... But I can only think of 2/3 shots in the last couple matches and none in the 18 yard box.... We don't supply him anywhere near enough, he was swearing to himself walking off the pitch last night looked really fed up.

Reactions: vow

vow

Lads I’ve got it, I know who we need to sign with the McCallum money - To Madeira! ;)

(people of a certain era will know what I mean)
Might be getting mixed up here, but was he on Football Manager?

ccfcway

We have scored 15 in the 8 games since Xmas, 5 of which have been away from Birmingham and 3 in Birmingham.

Fleetwood was Only the 2nd time we havent scored In a league game since start of Nov.

cc84cov

Can anybody tell me how many shots godden has had since the hattrick at tranmere, I mean he had the service in them games... But I can only think of 2/3 shots in the last couple matches and none in the 18 yard box.... We don't supply him anywhere near enough, he was swearing to himself walking off the pitch last night looked really fed up.
Could be one for @SlowerThanPlatt he likes a stat ;) he hasn’t had much I know that much

Adge

If it’s 1.5-2 million I’d let him go. It’s all mine and others fault who don’t bother going to “home games” so I guess we’ll have to take it on the chin. :emoji_smirk: Not sure that Mason won’t be able to do the job when the inevitable happens before the January handbag sale ends on Friday night.

Sky Blue Pete

If it’s 1.5-2 million I’d let him go. It’s all mine and others fault who don’t bother going to “home games” so I guess we’ll have to take it on the chin. :emoji_smirk: Not sure that Mason won’t be able to do the job when the inevitable happens before the January handbag sale ends on Friday night.
Yep lol

SkyBlueCRJ

The Facebook page is offering comedy gold if anyone fancies a glance over.

"WOULD WANT 3, PLUS AND THAT WILL ONLY LINE SHITSU POCKETS"

"SELL MCCALLUM BUY A STRIKER" x4

Brilliant stuff.

JulianDarbyFTW

Just seen that West Brom are supposedly selling Nathan Ferguson, a right back aged 19 with only 20 senior league appearances in the game, for 8 to 10 million quid. McCallum must be worth half that given they've played a similar amount of games (albeit L1 instead of Championship)

Evo1883

The Facebook page is offering comedy gold if anyone fancies a glance over.

"WOULD WANT 3, PLUS AND THAT WILL ONLY LINE SHITSU POCKETS"

"SELL MCCALLUM BUY A STRIKER" x4

Brilliant stuff.

iT WiLl All Go InTo JoYs PoCkEt NoPm

SlowerThanPlatt

Just seen that West Brom are supposedly selling Nathan Ferguson, a right back aged 19 with only 20 senior league appearances in the game, for 8 to 10 million quid. McCallum must be worth half that given they've played a similar amount of games (albeit L1 instead of Championship)

Nope - the most a L1 defender has ever gone for is £3.5m and that was Matt Clarke of Portsmouth after 121 games

cc84cov

The January 2020 transfer window for Premier League clubs opened on Wednesday 1 January and will close at 23:00 GMT on Friday 31 January 2020.
Ok so Friday I expect things to get moving tomorrow with 1 or 2 players going out,I think Baka is gone and a bid may have came in.

SlowerThanPlatt

If that's the case, we should be pushing for more than £1.6mill than Brentford paid.

We should really overcharge Prem teams, they have almost infinite cash.

But a young player is not a priority to them in whatever they want to achieve in the league, they’ll just refuse to pay it. They don’t really need them, it’s just a gamble

ccfc92

But a young player is not a priority to them in whatever they want to achieve in the league, they’ll just refuse to pay it. They don’t really need them, it’s just a gamble

I understand, I just hope we ask for a decent whack of cash up front.

I appreciate our finances aren't the best and we need cash from sales, but I don't want our players undersold.

lifeskyblue

I would say a Norwich is more likely as they look to be heading down and their left back Lewis is a good player who another PL club will take

Norwich would be a better fit for McCallum. Likely to go as a number 2 rather than a third/fourth choice. Far more likely to get first team football next season in the championship than a side pushing on in Europe and PL. mind you if he did go to Liverpool he may get on the bench in their fa cup game(s)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

Norwich would be a better fit for McCallum. Likely to go as a number 2 rather than a third/fourth choice. Far more likely to get first team football next season in the championship than a side pushing on in Europe and PL. mind you if he did go to Liverpool he may get on the bench in their fa cup game(s)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Apart from being cup tied this season

GaryJones

TBH he got a bad knock to the knee early doors last night. I was convinced he was going to go off - but he tried to run it off - he just wasnt the same after that. Assume that why he was pissed off.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

The problem is Biamou and Bakaoyoko are no good at getting in front of defences anyway. They have zero instinct as strikers. They perform most of their activity outside the penalty area and rarely score goals from inside the 6 yard area. In the end players supplying them know that and so its not just formation. They will never score goals wherever they go. Godden , Clarke Harris, Chaplin and Hiwula have and will as they are far more natural strikers. Godden though is not I suspect someone used to this formation so now he is struggling

That's why I see them as support for Godden, not instead of (unless in dire emergency). Godden has been chasing scraps rather than being able to get into the area looking for chances. Hasn't helped himslef with offsides at times but with someone doing more of the donkey work to allow him to get in the box he could score more.

I I said before there seems to be a plan to offload McCallum. The cynic in me wonders If it’s why Robins blurted it out. To get some bidding war

Each season the Master Fund is having to provide short term unsecured loans to prop the club up. I can’t believe this season will be different other than it’s likely to be a lot worse. The money will offset the need for greater loans in all probability

I agree. To even mention the bid to me says "I'm alerting other suitors". Think it might also be for next seasons SCMP as much as reduce the need to cover the cash shortfall.

Users who are viewing this thread