Robins post match/mcallum sale (9 Viewers)

SlowerThanPlatt

That's why I see them as support for Godden, not instead of (unless in dire emergency). Godden has been chasing scraps rather than being able to get into the area looking for chances. Hasn't helped himslef with offsides at times but with someone doing more of the donkey work to allow him to get in the box he could score more.

I agree. To even mention the bid to me says "I'm alerting other suitors". Think it might also be for next seasons SCMP as much as reduce the need to cover the cash shortfall.

Yes that’s what I thought. It’s not like Robins to talk about interest in his or other teams players. Rather than just mentioning it’s rejected he said how much it was too

fernandopartridge

Selling McCallum for a decent fee seems to be a bit of a no-brainer really, particularly given that we've got a more than capable replacement in Mason.

I doubt much if any of the money will be invested in the team but we can only hope. Otherwise, if it keeps the club going and stops SISU adding to its debt pile then OK.

D

Deleted member 2477

Fb is full of people slagging sisu off as cashing in on him not supporting the club and pocketing money. These idiots are the same people who are refusing to go to st Andrews and have probably not been to a game since Wembley.

you cant have your cake and eat it. The club needs to survive and has always been a selling club well before sisu. If you dont want to go to St Andrews you have no right to complain about the club or sisu selling to survive

Ring Of Steel

What and where is your source of info coming from regarding City's debt to SISU?

If you're just speculating then say so in your statement?
I wouldn't hold your breath, he didn't recognise the Gil Merrick stand yesterday despite looking at it every home game

Ring Of Steel

Godden seems to have come in for a lot of stick based on last night, but I agree with a few others who have said Shipley and Westbrook were the issue.

When those two are on top of their game, and linking play up around him, Godden looks far more dangerous. Unfortunately, both were off their game last night, in fact I'd go as far to say it was Westbrooks worst game for us. His pass completion rate must've been pitiful, and the ones he did complete were often behind the intended target meaning a break down in any momentum we had building

You seem to be forgetting that we were playing a team who had no interest in a football match, they wanted to spoil, kick, dive, and exhibit horrible gamesmanship all night. You can't say anyone was off their game, they were up against howling winds and an opposition of ogres.

Ring Of Steel

Fb is full of people slagging sisu off as cashing in on him not supporting the club and pocketing money. These idiots are the same people who are refusing to go to st Andrews and have probably not been to a game since Wembley.

you cant have your cake and eat it. The club needs to survive and has always been a selling club well before sisu. If you dont want to go to St Andrews you have no right to complain about the club or sisu selling to survive
Yep. The height of hypocrisy.

Sky Blue Harry H

That’s not going to happen in a million years and anyway I’d say both of them players are worth more and have proven more than him

and already earning a shed load more than him.....not sure whether some fans understand balance sheets.

Grendel

I wouldn't hold your breath, he didn't recognise the Gil Merrick stand yesterday despite looking at it every home game

Er I’ve answered it. Unlike you I’m not versed in attending Birmingham home games

The notion Sisu have spent £75m is bollocks

SlowerThanPlatt

The market has changed at the top level but not for League One players

Matt Clarke’s £3.5m move to Brighton is similar to what Luton got for Leon Barnett in 07/08

Ring Of Steel

Grendel

Ring Of Steel

Er I’ve answered it. Unlike you I’m not versed in attending Birmingham home games

The notion Sisu have spent £75m is bollocks

"The London hedge fund says it has invested more than £50m since first getting involved with the club in 2007 and "devoted extensive time and effort trying to get the club back to a secure financial footing". The statement adds: "The club was going under when Sisu got involved to rescue it. "Sisu funded the club in 2007 and early 2008 even before completing the purchase of CCFC in March 2008; an unusual, but necessary, step to pay wages and related costs to staff." It adds: "Sisu invested over £37m between December 2007 and 2011. "Over £30m of that was invested in player acquisitions, player wages, rental costs and capex in an attempt to get back into the Premiership. "The rest was spent on historic debts, late creditors and HMRC payments. Since 2011, Sisu has invested a further £20m, including continuing to finance a competitive team on the pitch despite relegation, financing the administration process and the losses associated with the enforced short term move to Northampton."

Five key points from Sisu's open letter on Ricoh Arena row

GaryJones

Means nothing McCallum has huge potential & is contracted but clubs will know our position & think they can have our pants down slightly
You can take my pants down for a £million quid no problem!
All the way down too!

Ring Of Steel

It’s rubbish. The clubs accounts show we owe around £16m (I really can’t be bothered to check) to the ARVO fund which is our only creditor of note
If I had the time or the inclination I would educate you on how easy it is to move & hide figures between myriad sets of books across different countries, and present the reality you want to present while the actual truth is in a set of books in the Cayman Islands or something.

The CCFC accounts are totally useless for estimating these things.

I am not having a go at you either. But trust me on this, the real figure- whatever it is- will be buried in a note to the accounts or disclosed where you won't find it, and it won't be in the CCFC accounts, it will be a different set. When it comes to this kind of thing accounts are useless, a set of bank statements is the only reality.

I don't necessarily believe its up at £75m, but it will be way more than £20m over the course of 15 years.

Grendel

"The London hedge fund says it has invested more than £50m since first getting involved with the club in 2007 and "devoted extensive time and effort trying to get the club back to a secure financial footing". The statement adds: "The club was going under when Sisu got involved to rescue it. "Sisu funded the club in 2007 and early 2008 even before completing the purchase of CCFC in March 2008; an unusual, but necessary, step to pay wages and related costs to staff." It adds: "Sisu invested over £37m between December 2007 and 2011. "Over £30m of that was invested in player acquisitions, player wages, rental costs and capex in an attempt to get back into the Premiership. "The rest was spent on historic debts, late creditors and HMRC payments. Since 2011, Sisu has invested a further £20m, including continuing to finance a competitive team on the pitch despite relegation, financing the administration process and the losses associated with the enforced short term move to Northampton."

Five key points from Sisu's open letter on Ricoh Arena row

Again it’s rubbish

The only arm of investment is the ARVO and Sisu capital funds

The accounts show what the club owes the fund. At the point of last administration they reduced the actual debt I think through some equity transfer and then increased the interest rate - either way the debt to that fund is the online my debt.

You are confusing SBSL with Otium

Grendel

If I had the time or the inclination I would educate you on how easy it is to move & hide figures between myriad sets of books across different countries, and present the reality you want to present while the actual truth is in a set of books in the Cayman Islands or something.

The CCFC accounts are totally useless for estimating these things.

I am not having a go at you either. But trust me on this, the real figure- whatever it is- will be buried in a note to the accounts or disclosed where you won't find it, and it won't be in the CCFC accounts, it will be a different set. When it comes to this kind of thing accounts are useless, a set of bank statements is the only reality.

I don't necessarily believe its up at £75m, but it will be way more than £20m over the course of 15 years.

It isn’t. The quoted figure is from SBSL which is a shell company of £28m debt. It’s not sent they have ever incurred through the club activities at all. When the restructure was set up the AVRO account was left with Otium as it’s the debt owed to the fund holders. Funding other than unsecured loans stopped around 2012

Ring Of Steel

Again it’s rubbish

The accounts show what the club owes the fund. At the point of last administration they reduced the actual debt I think through some equity transfer and then increased the interest rate - either way the debt to that fund is the online my debt.

Wrong again. But whatever you want, the whole world is clearly lying & making things up, whereas you apparently have full access to all the records of all the different entities' records & bank statements, and thus are the only one in the world who knows the truth.

Grendel

Wrong again. But whatever you want, the whole world is clearly lying & making things up, whereas you apparently have full access to all the records of all the different entities' records & bank statements, and thus are the only one in the world who knows the truth.

With respect I have told you where the confusion occurs. The oft quoted debt is a combination of SBSL and Otium. You stated Sisu had lost £75m - they haven’t as their lending source to the club is AVRO and the master fund and that’s it.

You then go off on some strange tangent about the Cayman Islands

better days

He goes for £2m i think above the £1.6m you mentioned but we will see I bet we’ve turned down close to 1.6
I think Robins and the club really mean it when they say they don't want to sell McCullum
The prospective buyer will have to come up with a very big offer to change that position

GaryJones

I think he will go - I think you will looking around 1.6-1.8 million mark.
With luck we will keep him for this season on a loan back but not guaranteed if the buying club are desperate to include him in their squad now.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Again it’s rubbish

Are you forgetting that following our administration they had to capitalise all their debt up to that point, which is effectively writing it off. So the current debt level in the accounts is from admin onwards and everything before that 'disappeared'.

Grendel

Are you forgetting that following our administration they had to capitalise all their debt up to that point, which is effectively writing it off. So the current debt level in the accounts is from admin onwards and everything before that 'disappeared'.

No as again that’s a red herring.

If I lent you £10 and you lent your mate £10
And he lent his mate £10 how much has been lent?

SlowerThanPlatt

If Bakayoko does leave I wonder whether it’d be an upwards or downwards move. He hasn’t been great for us but does have some good attributes if everything came together for him

Reactions: vow

Users who are viewing this thread