Robins post match/mcallum sale (1 Viewer)

better days

Keep him for 12 months and his value could possibly triple/quadruple if he can do it in the championship (should we go up)
The trouble is SBG any L1 player would certainly want to go if an offer comes in from a PL or Championship club
Put yourself in their position. What would you want to do?
A big selling point for our club now is that young players will get a chance
Hopefully the overall strategy will also lead to us getting promotion built around the likes of Marosi, McFadz, Kelly & Godden to guide and support the young prospects
The problem in our relegation season was we had a number of excellent young players but they didn't have the experienced, tough guys around them

SkyBlueDom26

Will be down to SISU now.... do they want us to go up and do they realise how much they could potentially make by us doing so??? If so then Robins must get some of the cash to spend if McCallum goes

clint van damme

The trouble is SBG any L1 player would certainly want to go if an offer comes in from a PL or Championship club
Hopefully the overall strategy will also lead to us getting promotion built around the likes of Marosi, McFadz, Kelly & Godden to guide and support the young prospects
The problem in our relegation season was we had a number of excellent young players but they didn't have the experienced, tough guys around them

Man United couldn't keep hold of Ronaldo when Real cam knocking. Absolute fantasy to think we can bat off interest from a Premiership club.
Play hard ball over cost and add ons, certainly, but if a top flight club comes in for a player it's cheerio.

CCFCSteve

Hope he stays but we’ve got to be realistic in our current situation.

Robins and the club will know his potential value, it then comes to how desperate we are for cash (hoping cup has relieved/will relieve some of this pressure). Ideally keep him until at least the summer or if we have to sell, loan back. Any sale they should be pushing for 20% sell on clause (not usual 10%) !!

Mason was one of our best players earlier in the season, take the point that McCallums better in system, but still a very good player to come in. Personally think he needs to be rested anyway, wing back is tough, especially for a young lad in first full season.

AStonesThrow

Hope he stays but we’ve got to be realistic in our current situation.

Robins and the club will know his potential value, it then comes to how desperate we are for cash (hoping cup has relieved/will relieve some of this pressure). Ideally keep him until at least the summer or if we have to sell, loan back. Any sale they should be pushing for 20% sell on clause (not usual 10%) !!

Mason was one of our best players earlier in the season, take the point that McCallums better in system, but still a very good player to come in. Personally think he needs to be rested anyway, wing back is tough, especially for a young lad in first full season.
After watching the u23s on Monday, Newton looks fairly good so if McCallum does end up going, all is not lost cos I think Newton would be a decent backup

skybluegod

Yep fair point.
I personally would want to stay. There is no harm in another 12 months here. If he goes now he has a high risk of a Sambou, Bigi situation where they end up not continuing their development. He knows he is first choice here. At the minimum i would wait until summer and then assess my options.
If we get promoted, he has two great options- 40 games in the Championship with us, if he continues to develop at the same rate he will have a choice of clubs, plus he will have already have a 100 appearances to his name. Or one would think that the same clubs interested now will be even more interested in summer.

So to me, if i'm Robins that is what I am telling him, look stay here at least until summer, get some more games under your belt, best case scenario we go up, we get more money. Worst case, he gets another 20 games, and still goes to a premier league club (barring any injury)

Irish Sky Blue

'John Aloisi was a good example, we got him for nothing and Portsmouth went mad that we’d totally ripped them off- we had, but they had no choice but to sell.'
I'd say ripping Pompey off for John Aloisi was divine retribution for the way they took Mark Hateley off us for a ridiculously cheap price then sold him on for a huge profit to an Italian club.
Bought for £50k? (tribunal fixed fee) Sold a year later for £1m.

Grendel

They are never going to call in the debt, that would be like the bailiffs showing up at your gaff looking for a couple of million, you’d just laugh at them. They would never get the money back. I’m not sure what they have to sell, but it’s not going to cover the (I think) £75m they’ve put in. They’re stuck with us unless they decide to write off the whole thing.

Apologies if you’re a milllionaire :)

The debt is nowhere near £75m it’s not even near £20m

Grendel

It has and could have been more. He will go for £60m+ in his next move.

Club need to make a point of that to potential buyers of McCallum.

His value has risen due to the fact he went to higher leagues which enhanced his value significantly, what’s the highest price for a left back from league 1 it can’t be much

coop

Mason is more than capable to stand in for Sam. I think his crossing needs alot of work but he could sign for someone then be loaned back to us until the end of the season.

vow

The debt is nowhere near £75m it’s not even near £20m
What and where is your source of info coming from regarding City's debt to SISU?

If you're just speculating then say so in your statement?

Great_Expectations

Anyone going to give the club credit for rejecting the bid in the first place?

After all, SISU are the worst owners of all time and Joy needs a new handbag in the January sales.

Ideally we keep him until the end of the season, but if his head is turned and it’s a decent offer then it’s inevitable. We have to be realistic too, we’re a L1 club that’s losing money, so we will have a selling point. We’re still benefiting from the JM sale and would have received a decent windfall (for L1) if Wilson hadn’t have been so loyal and subsequently lost a bit of form.

Mason is as good as McCallum and is a good replacement. He’s still fairly young himself and has shown his progress from last season to this too. While his potential isn’t as high, he still has more to give.

I’m genuinely dreading the hysteria when he does go though. Getting increasingly fed up with the sections of our idiotic fan base.

Grendel

What and where is your source of info coming from regarding City's debt to SISU?

If you're just speculating then say so in your statement?

The amount actually put in and owed is that from the ARVO master fund plus the interest which is rolled up. It’s something like £14 m

The only other real debt will be the master fund loans which are unsecured which have been made the last few seasons and which haven’t been paid. That won’t be more than a million I wouldn’t have thought

SBAndy

His value has risen due to the fact he went to higher leagues which enhanced his value significantly, what’s the highest price for a left back from league 1 it can’t be much

As I’ve mentioned, James Justin of Luton went for a reported £8m. Granted, they’d just got promoted but he had never played at a higher level than League 1.

Grendel

As I’ve mentioned, James Justin of Luton went for a reported £8m. Granted, they’d just got promoted but he had never played at a higher level than League 1.

It says here £6m and wouldn’t be up front. As you say they did get promoted and it does elevate value. Also played a lot of games. We’d probably look to get £1.5 m plus add ons to make it a £4m deal which for someone whose played so few games is pretty reasonable

Leicester win race to sign Luton right back James Justin after agreeing £6m deal for the youngster | Daily Mail Online

CCFCSteve

Anyone going to give the club credit for rejecting the bid in the first place?

After all, SISU are the worst owners of all time and Joy needs a new handbag in the January sales.

Ideally we keep him until the end of the season, but if his head is turned and it’s a decent offer then it’s inevitable. We have to be realistic too, we’re a L1 club that’s losing money, so we will have a selling point. We’re still benefiting from the JM sale and would have received a decent windfall (for L1) if Wilson hadn’t have been so loyal and subsequently lost a bit of form.

Mason is as good as McCallum and is a good replacement. He’s still fairly young himself and has shown his progress from last season to this too. While his potential isn’t as high, he still has more to give.

I’m genuinely dreading the hysteria when he does go though. Getting increasingly fed up with the sections of our idiotic fan base.

It’s good that they’ve rejected the initial offer, however, I’d expect this, whatever our financial position, especially if there’s a number of parties interested. It’s in the owners interests and the clubs to maximise the value.

Credit should be given when we know the ultimate outcome.

I agree with the rest of the post though, Masons good and fans have got to be realistic ! (again assuming a ‘decent deal’ is done if he goes)

cc84cov

It’s good that they’ve rejected the initial offer, however, I’d expect this, whatever our financial position, especially if there’s a number of parties interested. It’s in the owners interests and the clubs to maximise the value.

Credit should be given when we know the ultimate outcome.

I agree with the rest of the post though, Masons good and fans have got to be realistic ! (again assuming a ‘decent deal’ is done if he goes)
Cash in & gamble gets my vote

Pete in Portugal

I really like McCallum. He hasshown great improvement and potential to go on and be a very good player. However as a pure defender he is still sadly lacking. Even against Fleetwood he lost his man and crosses in were all too easy. Mason is a better defender.

And potentially, I believe Joe Newton is an even better defender, but right now he needs more U23 game time to develop as a wing back. His tackles are crunching - but sometimes a bit risky. Mason is vulnerable - he struggles to defend high diagonal balls.

Winny the Bish

Hate to admit it, but I'd cash in. Peterbrough are showing what good January recruitment can do with Szmodics, Brown and Taylor coming into their team and kickstarting a 3-game win streak. Sell for a decent fee and reinvest. Szmodics would've done wonders for us.

SkyBlueDom26

Hate to admit it, but I'd cash in. Peterbrough are showing what good January recruitment can do with Szmodics, Brown and Taylor coming into their team and kickstarting a 3-game win streak. Sell for a decent fee and reinvest. Szmodics would've done wonders for us.

Yeah but thats all depending on if Joy needs more handbags! We know he probably won't get any of it to reinvest whereas the Peterborough owner is willing to put his hand in his pocket

Woodster

Unless we get something that you can class as a ridiculous offer I see no benefit to us selling him now. He's under contract for a decent length of time and is going to get another 4 months first team football. Even if we bottle it and finish mid-table his stock is only going to rise and there's no way his value will depreciate, then come the summer cash-in and a even try to organise a loan back for the season. If we do manage to go up and he helps us there then you're probably talking double your money territory. I don't see that the club need the cash injection right now to make it to May. Of course a mitigating factor may be that the receives an awful injury but you can't account for things like that. He seems a sensible kid, hopefully his advisers are too.

SkyBlueDom26

So he was given money to reinvest?

Where did i say he didn't for Godden? In Jan he never seems to get much money to spend, you only have to look at when we sold madders and then got nobody in

Stop getting pissy because i mentioned Joy needed a new handbag, fair fucks to SISU we have spent abit but selling McCallum at the end of the window and that resulting in no reinvestment would be annoying... lets just hope that if he goes we'll be able to bring someone in

vow

Yeah but thats all depending on if Joy needs more handbags! We know he probably won't get any of it to reinvest whereas the Peterborough owner is willing to put his hand in his pocket
Robins has been able to reinvest though?
He likes to do most business early in summer as the market is inflated in January and believe if he needs to replace a player, SISU will let him get on with it.

Get off Facebook ffs!

SkyBlueDom26

Robins has been able to reinvest though?
He likes to do most business early in summer as the market is inflated in January and believe if he needs to replace a player, SISU will let him get on with it.

Get off Facebook ffs!

Im not on Facebook

Nick

Administrator
Where did i say he didn't for Godden? In Jan he never seems to get much money to spend, you only have to look at when we sold madders and then got nobody in

Yeah, apart from the 9 players on contract in that window. Jodi Jones with the loan to buy and a couple of other loans including Maddison back to us.

I am not sure who talks the most shit out of you and CC84 but you are both trying your hardest recently to outdo each other.

vow

Stop getting pissy because i mentioned Joy needed a new handbag, fair fucks to SISU we have spent abit but selling McCallum at the end of the window and that resulting in no reinvestment would be annoying
You're going back 4 years ago!?

Credit to SISU as they have learnt from mistakes and Robins holds a budget now which he's in charge of!

SlowerThanPlatt

So, for example, Jack Stacey or James Justin? Who left Luton for £4m and £8m respectively in the summer? This emphasises why we need to keep McCallum until the summer.
Justin played 114 games for Luton and Stacey 95

McCallum 33

It is the same argument people used for the fee MK got for Alli and we got for Maddison. Alli had proven himself consistently (88 games), Maddison about 30 games for I think?

cc84cov

Yeah, apart from the 9 players on contract in that window. Jodi Jones with the loan to buy and a couple of other loans including Maddison back to us.

I am not sure who talks the most shit out of you and CC84 but you are both trying your hardest recently to outdo each other.
Morning lol would you not cash in then and use money towards a promotion push ?

Users who are viewing this thread