Robins has to go in the summer / 02476 555 555 (8 Viewers)

steve cooper

We've played 5 games. It's not looking great at the moment but lets see where we are after another 5.
I agree with that, but this is what worries me.
Anecdotal comments about unrest and negativity at the club from several respected forum members (and others)
The number of players used in the first 4 games (18)
Multiple different systems played in the first 4 games
Body language of some players during the games
MR's own comments re: recruitment
MR openly criticising players in post match interviews
Viveash podcast comments re: formation and who is deemed responsible for deciding it

Sometimes you just know when something is wrong
Hopefully within a few games we will see an improvement on the field but 55 years experience as a football supporter tells me that if some of the above are anywhere near accurate, we have big problems.

D

Deleted member 2477

The clock is ticking again Robins.... sell your top goal scorer without a replacement lined up is sacrilege and now it’s costing you. The scatter-gun approach to recruitment does not work either and now the squad is falling out with you, bad times.
Bor off you twat. Your like a fart in a space suit

Reactions: vow

Grendel

Ah shit, I have just merged the 02476 555 555 thread into this one by mistake. Apologies!

Yeah I rather liked my title

Grendel

I’d give him two weeks to sort the debacle out or he has to go.

The whole thing is a shambles.
He’s let players go without replacing them, signed a glut of forwards in the Biamou mode I.e non scoring and non threatening (as well as bizarre giving a player like Biamou in nil demand a 3 year deal) is sounding like Micky Adams in interviews (he will soon be saying “Mark Robins think this”)
Also - like Adams - has fell out with players and won’t play them and freely admits many are unfit and not ready

Unless this turns round very quickly he must go

skyblueinBaku

To be fair he's right.
How can you say we have no plan B? We've already tried more formations than the Red Arrows. What he doesn't seem to have at the moment is any semblance of a plan that works effectively.
I'll give you a 'like' for the Red Arrows comment.:D

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Everyone needs to calm down
We need Captain Mainwaring not Corporal Jones
giphy.gif

You stupid boy.

robbiekeane

I’d give him two weeks to sort the debacle out or he has to go.

The whole thing is a shambles.
He’s let players go without replacing them, signed a glut of forwards in the Biamou mode I.e non scoring and non threatening (as well as bizarre giving a player like Biamou in nil demand a 3 year deal) is sounding like Micky Adams in interviews (he will soon be saying “Mark Robins think this”)
Also - like Adams - has fell out with players and won’t play them and freely admits many are unfit and not ready

Unless this turns round very quickly he must go
Completely agree.

The signs were there last year and he was saved by McNulty. If jones hadn’t been injured he never would have changed a thing either. Everyone (myself included for a while) forgot all about that though with the playoff run and promotion.

dazed&confused

When both Nick and Grendel start briefing against a manager of a higher status and quality than we have any real right to expect, and after only 4 league games to boot, then it's time to get out those 'Russell Slade is our Saviour' T-shirts, and start planning next season's away trips to Yeovil, Forest Green and Morecombe. Neither of you - unless you're insiders - have any clue to the financial or footballing restrictions he might be working under. I know I don't. Getting rid of Mowbray didn't work out too well for us. Be careful what you wish for.

Grendel

When both Nick and Grendel start briefing against a manager of a higher status and quality than we have any real right to expect, and after only 4 league games to boot, then it's time to get out those 'Russell Slade is our Saviour' T-shirts, and start planning next season's away trips to Yeovil, Forest Green and Morecombe. Neither of you - unless you're insiders - have any clue to the financial or footballing restrictions he might be working under. I know I don't. Getting rid of Mowbray didn't work out too well for us. Be careful what you wish for.

Higher status than we expect? Explain.

As for restrictions go and have a look at Accrington

dazed&confused

Yet you’re going to plant a not very subtle seed about financial restrictions anyway despite no evidence whatsoever

Mate, we all know he's subject to some level of financial restrictions. We are a League One club. But none of us know the form or extent of those restrictions. Do you? Perhaps he's been given full control of all incoming and outgoing player movements, and told to spend whatever he wants on whoever he wants. In which case he hasn't done very well, has he? But if his control is more limited, then it's much harder to judge him. And if he goes, the new Russell Slade type figure will be subject to all those same restrictions, and Bayliss will be gone at Christmas.

dazed&confused

Higher status than we expect? Explain.

As for restrictions go and have a look at Accrington

status
ˈsteɪtəs/
noun
noun: status; plural noun: statuses
  1. 1.
    relative social or professional position; standing.
    "an improvement in the status of women"
    synonyms: standing, rank, ranking, position, social position, station, level, footing, place; More
    • high rank or social standing.
      "those who enjoy wealth and status"
      synonyms: prestige, kudos, cachet, standing, stature, prestigiousness, reputation, repute, (good) name, regard, fame, note, renown, honour, esteem, estimation, image, account, rank, character, celebrity, importance, prominence, consequence, class, distinction, laurels, influence, weight, authority, supremacy, eminence, superiority;More

• the official classification given to a person, country, or organization, determining their rights or responsibilities.
      "the duchy had been elevated to the status of a principality.

Londonccfcfan

Anecdotal comments about unrest and negativity at the club from several respected forum members (and others)
Viveash podcast comments re: formation and who is deemed responsible for deciding it

Hopefully within a few games we will see an improvement on the field but 55 years experience as a football supporter tells me that if some of the above are anywhere near accurate, we have big problems.

Don’t forget pre season was shocking too. We Brushed that under the carpet, lack of fitness blah blah blah.

I think sale McNulty deflated us, and since then been downhill spiral. Deep down even MR was deflated by that.

Grendel

status
ˈsteɪtəs/
noun
noun: status; plural noun: statuses
  1. 1.
    relative social or professional position; standing.
    "an improvement in the status of women"
    synonyms: standing, rank, ranking, position, social position, station, level, footing, place; More
    • high rank or social standing.
      "those who enjoy wealth and status"
      synonyms: prestige, kudos, cachet, standing, stature, prestigiousness, reputation, repute, (good) name, regard, fame, note, renown, honour, esteem, estimation, image, account, rank, character, celebrity, importance, prominence, consequence, class, distinction, laurels, influence, weight, authority, supremacy, eminence, superiority;More

• the official classification given to a person, country, or organization, determining their rights or responsibilities.
      "the duchy had been elevated to the status of a principality.

So in other words he isn’t of a higher status as this is where he has managed clubs - leagues 1 or 2

Hullinho87

It’s just that I looked back over old posts (when I had a couple of hours to kill on a train) and I did notice that is was the same 8 or so people posting now who were also posting Mowbray out ..
.. those same people were a lot quieter on the Slade threads.

I imagine this was because they shouted loudly about getting rid of Mowbray with no clear plan beyond a replacement (caretaker or otherwise).

Now, I’m not saying Robins’ will get things right and Tuesday night was absolutely awful but it has bordered on hysterical on here the last couple of day’s!

I do notice it’s seems to be those same aforementioned posters from Mowbray day’s.

They know better than everyone else and tend to get a little aggressive, as much as you can be a shouter through a keyboard, with those who disagree.

In summary. It does seem as though, when I come on here, that it’s the same 20 or so people arguing with each other.

I would also suggest if you’re not making up “rumours” to back up your arguments, it would be helpful to be specific about your sources?

We can all just relax a little bit, at least until after the Barnsley game, doesn’t mean you care any less than anybody else.

sylus

Well what can i say what hasn't already been said, we have problems all over over the pitch,we should go back to basics,a 4-4-2 and go from there,maybe Ponticelli up front too.

My surprise is, listening to Robins he seems surprised that we are playing so awful at the moment and he is wondering why his tactic are just not working,he seems blind to the obvious but it is still early on,but i know it cannot continue like this before actions needing to be taken.

Otis

Well what can i say what hasn't already been said, we have problems all over over the pitch,we should go back to basics,a 4-4-2 and go from there,maybe Ponticelli up front too.

My surprise is, listening to Robins he seems surprised that we are playing so awful at the moment and he is wondering why his tactic are just not working,he seems blind to the obvious but it is still early on,but i know it cannot continue like this before actions needing to be taken.
Thing is, I don't think it's the players. I don't think all the signings are 'awful'. I think it's the systems and the tactics.

We played some lovely football at times against Scunthorpe and I just think players are struggling with the system.

I know Bakayoko has had some stick, and of course we all remember Stuart Beavon getting flak too, but I even remember one game when Beavon played and balls just kept just sailing over his head all match. Can't blame him for that.

You have to play to players strengths. Absolutely no point just hoofing the ball up to Bakayoko in the air with no support. He surely needs it in the channels for him to run on to.

I don't think we can just conclude that Brown and Mason and Ogogo and Sterling and Hiwula and Bakayoko are all crap. It seems to be something much deeper than that and a problem with the way we actually set-up.

better days

We have to remember we have had a lot of personnel changes which take a while to bed in
Look at Everton last year
Spent millions but looked a rabble early season and were reduced to getting Fat Sam in to go back to basics
Hopefully Robins can find a way of making things work
As he says we have a lot more pace in the side now but we're not making use of it

Grendel

It’s just that I looked back over old posts (when I had a couple of hours to kill on a train) and I did notice that is was the same 8 or so people posting now who were also posting Mowbray out ..
.. those same people were a lot quieter on the Slade threads.

I imagine this was because they shouted loudly about getting rid of Mowbray with no clear plan beyond a replacement (caretaker or otherwise).

Now, I’m not saying Robins’ will get things right and Tuesday night was absolutely awful but it has bordered on hysterical on here the last couple of day’s!

I do notice it’s seems to be those same aforementioned posters from Mowbray day’s.

They know better than everyone else and tend to get a little aggressive, as much as you can be a shouter through a keyboard, with those who disagree.

In summary. It does seem as though, when I come on here, that it’s the same 20 or so people arguing with each other.

I would also suggest if you’re not making up “rumours” to back up your arguments, it would be helpful to be specific about your sources?

We can all just relax a little bit, at least until after the Barnsley game, doesn’t mean you care any less than anybody else.

If managers lose the plot they rarely recover.

Robins career as a manager shows a steep upward curve in results followed by a spiral that once has set in they rarely recover

Clubs need to identify and dismiss regardless of what went on before. The failure to sack strachan and Thorn and remaining loyal to them got us relegated those seasons.

Slade is the only example of it not working. Often the club survived in the 80’s by dumping managers when they were nosediving.

Otis

Well, if he's lost the dressing room he has to go.

Not sure that's the case, but there's some worrying rumblings. He needs to sort things out soon or his days will indeed be numbered.

Thing is, his stock should be high at the moment after the promotion. If he was to leave, now would be a very good time for him to do so.

SkyBlueCRJ

I agree I think some fans are guilty of burying their heads in the sand by using the excuse "it's still early yet" or "the team need to bed in". Both valid comments completely, but realistically how long can those excuses be used for before they're spent? After 10 games, 15 games? There are too many indications of unrest to suggest that Ryton is a happy camp at the minute. At the end of the day just look at it from a humanistic experience. If you were being played in a formation that clearly didn't work would you be happy? I know I certainly wouldn't be. There's certainly no need for a knee jerk reaction by any means, but the issues surrounding the squad need to be stamped out quickly, otherwise I fear this will snowball and the club could find itself in deep water.

Users who are viewing this thread