Robins has to go in the summer / 02476 555 555 (2 Viewers)

NorthernWisdom

Don't think there's anything in that
Players who are out of favour moan
But that's the same at every club
Easier not to notice if you're winning, too.

Let's face it, chances are every workplace has *somebody* who won't like the manager - that's what they're paid for!

Only an issue if *nobody* like the manager.

GaryJones

Talk of him losing the dressing room...anyone think if this was the case it could be down to the fact the way last seasons players have been treated in some cases ? Stokes told he can leave,Grimmer,Shipley just dropped 1st choice keeper Burge on the bench (maybe injured)

For me the lads who got us promoted should of been given their chance.How was robins gonna keep “momentum” when he made so many changes.I would like to see us go back to 4-4-2 as close to last season team as poss and go from there.hes made so many changes players & system how does he know where to go next now it’s gone wrong.
I agree about the 4-4-2 formation. They moved Stokes and Haynes on as they wanted a more dynamic & athletic style at the back which I think they have.
They are obviously still getting it together but it will come good.
Burge was injured however I've got a feeling he will be back between the sticks this weekend if he's fit.

GaryJones

also
Its Bollocks about MR not having the dressing room - I've spoken to 3 or 4 players and they understand what he is trying to do and are completely with him.
They are still getting it together but it will come good I'm sure!

Otis

also
Its Bollocks about MR not having the dressing room - I've spoken to 3 or 4 players and they understand what he is trying to do and are completely with him.
They are still getting it together but it will come good I'm sure!
Yeah, those 3 or 4 players are fine, it's the other 26 in the squad that are not happy.

GaryJones

Aaarghh Otis -
th

steve cooper

I'm not one of those saying Robins should go, but having recently posted my worries, and got involved in discussions about how many games the team should be allowed before we start to panic, the statistics below shocked me a bit.
If you include pre-season we have already played 11 games (equivalent to a quarter of a season). I accept that a couple of our new players joined late, and 2 went away with the national team but the pre-season games presented an ideal opportunity to get the basic formation sorted, and for most of the team to start to gel. But I think the opportunity was wasted by MR trying to give everyone in the squad game time.
The size of our squad, with everyone getting game time, made it very difficult to achieve those aims, but it did give us plenty of opportunities to put 2 teams together to play training matches, I assume this happened but no idea how many.

So, 11 games,
Won in total 3
lost in total 7
Goals scored 9
goals conceded 18
Some of the pre-season games were against teams in lower leagues / under 23 teams.
Personally I wouldn't care if we had lost all of our pre-season games as long as we were ready for the start of the season with our strongest team and formation, but we weren't.

Westendlad

I'm not one of those saying Robins should go, but having recently posted my worries, and got involved in discussions about how many games the team should be allowed before we start to panic, the statistics below shocked me a bit.
If you include pre-season we have already played 11 games (equivalent to a quarter of a season). I accept that a couple of our new players joined late, and 2 went away with the national team but the pre-season games presented an ideal opportunity to get the basic formation sorted, and for most of the team to start to gel. But I think the opportunity was wasted by MR trying to give everyone in the squad game time.
The size of our squad, with everyone getting game time, made it very difficult to achieve those aims, but it did give us plenty of opportunities to put 2 teams together to play training matches, I assume this happened but no idea how many.

So, 11 games,
Won in total 3
lost in total 7
Goals scored 9
goals conceded 18
Some of the pre-season games were against teams in lower leagues / under 23 teams.
Personally I wouldn't care if we had lost all of our pre-season games as long as we were ready for the start of the season with our strongest team and formation, but we weren't.
I despair i really do..

Otis

Why should we include pre-season? Look at some of the teams we put out. Kids in some games, fiddling about with different players in others, including using some trialists too and giving players game time to get fit.

Never, ever in all my days heard anyone talk about a quarter of the season through by deciding to include pre-season matches.

skyblueeyesrevisited

I was concerned when in his first post match interview MR said we wouldn’t see us at our best for a while, as we are behind where we should be. Surely it’s the managers job to have his team ready for the first match.

Irish Sky Blue

I was concerned when in his first post match interview MR said we wouldn’t see us at our best for a while, as we are behind where we should be. Surely it’s the managers job to have his team ready for the first match.
Injuries to Kelly,Willis and Burge. McNulty leaving. Bayliss and Sterling awaywith England. Two or three of the signings late in the summer.

steve cooper

Why should we include pre-season? Look at some of the teams we put out. Kids in some games, fiddling about with different players in others, including using some trialists too and giving players game time to get fit.

Never, ever in all my days heard anyone talk about a quarter of the season through by deciding to include pre-season matches.

But that's exactly my point. We should have been using pre-season games to much better effect, trialists and kids could / should have been played in 1 or 2 games but the whole point of pre-season is to get your starting team ready. We could have used training games to to try out trialists and kids. Stevenage were a good example, finished 16th in L2 last season, and when we played them pre-season they fielded a strong team and beat us 2-0 (out of interest they are currently unbeaten in L2 with 8 points from 4 games)

Sky Blue Harry H

But that's exactly my point. We should have been using pre-season games to much better effect, trialists and kids could / should have been played in 1 or 2 games but the whole point of pre-season is to get your starting team ready. We could have used training games to to try out trialists and kids. Stevenage were a good example, finished 16th in L2 last season, and when we played them pre-season they fielded a strong team and beat us 2-0 (out of interest they are currently unbeaten in L2 with 8 points from 4 games)

As others have said - couple away with England youngsters, several key injuries plus a shorter break than other teams for a lot of the existing squad.

D

Deleted member 2477

Not heard of robbie for a while. Just wondering should Robbins still go and is the clock still ticking

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Christ, I remember getting my two penneth in months ago on this thread. Why hasn't Robins been sacked yet ?

D

Deleted member 2477

Classic from grendel just shows how fickle some of our so called fans are. Dont here from em unless we lose

I’d give him two weeks to sort the debacle out or he has to go.

The whole thing is a shambles.
He’s let players go without replacing them, signed a glut of forwards in the Biamou mode I.e non scoring and non threatening (as well as bizarre giving a player like Biamou in nil demand a 3 year deal) is sounding like Micky Adams in interviews (he will soon be saying “Mark Robins think this”)
Also - like Adams - has fell out with players and won’t play them and freely admits many are unfit and not ready

Unless this turns round very quickly he must go

vow

Opinions are like arseholes...everyone's got one, and their are a lot of wrong arseholes on this thread, mainly knee-jerk reactions.

Grendel

Classic from grendel just shows how fickle some of our so called fans are. Dont here from em unless we lose

I’d give him two weeks to sort the debacle out or he has to go.

The whole thing is a shambles.
He’s let players go without replacing them, signed a glut of forwards in the Biamou mode I.e non scoring and non threatening (as well as bizarre giving a player like Biamou in nil demand a 3 year deal) is sounding like Micky Adams in interviews (he will soon be saying “Mark Robins think this”)
Also - like Adams - has fell out with players and won’t play them and freely admits many are unfit and not ready

Unless this turns round very quickly he must go

It did turn round so he stayed.

If it happens again he deserves scrutiny

Football is by its very nature fickle and has no loyalty

robbiekeane

What’s oh dear about?

I stand by everything I said...Robins was really shit at turning things around and making changes tactically when we went a goal down, and if he didn’t sort out his tactics and starting 11 we’d be fucked. If we keep winning great, I’m as happy as every other cov fan :)

When he had a settled starting 11 that is doing the business there’s no issue obviously. It’s when we are really challenged and things aren’t working that his lack of agility shows.

Long may it continue!

Hullinho87

I like when threads like this come back to bite.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I bumped the Rochdale and Bristol Rovers threads Tuesday night for this reason.

They are funny to read back, 5 or so usual suspect posters frothing at the mouth shouting at anyone who disagreed if they didn’t explain themselves properly.

Hullinho87

What’s oh dear about?

I stand by everything I said...Robins was really shit at turning things around and making changes tactically when we went a goal down, and if he didn’t sort out his tactics and starting 11 we’d be fucked. If we keep winning great, I’m as happy as every other cov fan :)

When he had a settled starting 11 that is doing the business there’s no issue obviously. It’s when we are really challenged and things aren’t working that his lack of agility shows.

Long may it continue!

Haha. He’s playing in a nearly identical way to the way he was back then, he just put a lot of faith and a lot patience into his/the process and it’s paying off somewhat.

Read up to before Baka’s goal’s in the Charlton thread .. tells you all you need to know!

NortonSkyBlue

I bumped the Rochdale and Bristol Rovers threads Tuesday night for this reason.

They are funny to read back, 5 or so usuals suspect posters frothing at the mouth shouting at anyone who disagreed if they didn’t explain themselves properly.
Wait long enough and they will have been proven correct, that's football!

Hullinho87

Any way, although I am saying all this.

From tonight, is not the time to dwell on negativity including myself.

A win tomorrow and we are well on our way.

Onwards and Upwards!

Sick Boy

You'd like to think that MR will feel that he owes us after bailing on us before, as I said before there's something about him that works with the club. Anyone who follows the political threads will know that Grendel's predictions often turn out to be spectacularly wide of the mark.

Users who are viewing this thread