***Relegation Thread*** (1 Viewer)

wingy

I feared the worst for us today and for the rest of the run in
The black cloud descended over me after last week's draw,then when I got there today and Reda played I knew all would be well
Didn't dare post any of this prior to kick off
and bring you all down with me

SkyBlue_Bear83

Yep. You would have thought that the win yesterday would have pulled us clear. Unfortunately though, all the bottom teams were playing each other, so points were being picked up elsewhere.

Think Tuesday is still very important. We don't want to lose that one with Bristol City away coming up next Saturday.

It's important in the respect that a win will all but guarantee safety, if we lose we need to win one of Crewe/Crewley matches

Otis

It's important in the respect that a win will all but guarantee safety, if we lose we need to win one of Crewe/Crewley matches

Yep.

I do fancy us against Crewe mind. They ship goals like there is no tomorrow and by all accounts were lucky to get away with a draw yesterday.

Johnnythespider

We have to remember that our goal difference is worth a point, think we will beat Oldham on Tuesday with Barton scoring a hat trick and beat Crewe so there are no last day nerves down at Crawley.

I am a preacher when I got it on me, and I got it on me,
but holy cow these fuckers are ignoring me, I'm from another century

Otis

Don' think we can underestimate the demoralising effect some of tonight's results will have had upon our relegation rivals.

Colchester lost 6-0. Crawley lost 5-0 Also Orient lost 1-0 at home.

Those first 2 results especially must be so soul destroying and hard to bounce back from for those sides.

Skyblueweeman

Don' think we can underestimate the demoralising effect some of tonight's results will have had upon our relegation rivals.

Colchester lost 6-0. Crawley lost 5-0 Also Orient lost 1-0 at home.

Those first 2 results especially must be so soul destroying and hard to bounce back from for those sides.

Watch them bounce back with wins now on Saturday Otis ;)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Weekend fixtures
Port Vale v Preston
Bristol v Coventry
Colchester v Scunthorpe
Crawley v Notts County
Crewe v Walsall
MK Dons v Leyton Orient

Crawley v Notts County looks a massive match, loser will be almost down. Could do with maybe a draw there.

Hobo

Results went for us tonight. But draw against Oldham not to be sniffed at. Signs of progress.

PVA

I think we're safe now. We could probably lose our remaining games and still stay up.

Bookies now have us 16/1 to be relegated.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I think we're safe now. We could probably lose our remaining games and still stay up.

Not sure about that, possible but not probable. If we lost to Crewe and Crawley, they would be level and one point behind us so depending on what they do in there other fixtures they would probably finish ahead of us. Scunthorpe and Port Vale would get the necessary points to overtake us. Leyton Orient have very tough fixture left but 4 points from there final 4 would see them overtake us due to superior GD. Notts County are 4 points behind us with 4 to play with there final two fixture against teams with nothing to play for.

Think we will have a clearer picture after the weekend as the loser of Crawley v Notts County will be almost down along with Colchester and Yeovil.

Hobo

disagree..still think we will end up needing something against Crawley.

phildownunder

I agree, although I`d put it as possibly rather than probably. As you suggest 51 points might be enough, but it would be nice to make sure!

I`m well pleased with 4 points from the last 2 games. Puts us in a good position and keeps things in our own hands.

Yeovil are down and Colchester nearly there (if they stay up now it would rank alongside some of City`s past Houdini acts - not impossible but highly unlikely), which leaves 6 or so teams trying to avoid the last 2 relegation spots. Most or all of them have to play each other or against promotion contenders and it`s hard to see a scenario in which 4 of them would overhaul us even if we lose our last 3 games which I don`t think we will.

LJC_CCFC

52 - NO TEAM RELEGATED WITH THIS TOTAL Predicted Safety 2015
51 - Safety 2010, 2013 Scunthorpe United(42), Coventry City(43)
50 - Safety 2012, 2014 Port Vale(43)
49 -
48 - Safety 2011Crewe Alexandra(43)
47 - Leyton Orient(42)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
47 - Notts County(42), Crawley Town(43)
46 -
46 -
45 -
44 - Colchester United(42)
43 -
43 -
42 -
41 -
40 -
39 -
38 -
37 -
36 - Yeovil Town, RELEGATED(43)

Forthcoming fixtures:

16th Coventry(43) - 51 points. Bristol C(A), Crewe(H), Crawley(A)
17th Scunthorpe(42) - 51 points. Colchester(A), Bradford(H), Gillingham(H), Doncaster(A)
18th Port Vale(43) - 50 points. Preston(H), Yeovil(A), Fleetwood(H)
19th Crewe(43) - 48 points. Walsall(H), Coventry(A), Bradford(H)
20th Leyton Orient(42) - 47 points. MK Dons(A), Rochdale(A), Sheff U(H), Swindon(A)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
21st Notts County(42) - 47 points. Crawley(A), Preston(H), Doncaster(H), Gillingham(A)
22nd Crawley(43) - 47 points. Notts C(H), Peterborough(A), Coventry(H)
23rd Colchester(42) - 44 points. Scunthorpe(H), Fleetwood(A), Swindon(H), Preston(H)
24th Yeovil(43) - 36 points. Swindon(A), Port Vale(H), MK Dons(A)

Covstu

Fate is still in our hands but i certainly dont think we are safe at the moment. A win against Crewe and we can breathe easy again.

skybluelee

There's no way we are going down. I reckon we need a point maximum.

Colchester haven't a hope in hell of getting the 9 points they'd then need to overhaul us from their last 4 games.

Also, good luck Leyton Orient picking up more than 4 points from their last 4 games with their run-in.

That would leave all of the other 5 teams below us needing to overhaul us to send us down. Won't happen. Rest easy people.

Monners

Colchester haven't a hope in hell of getting the 9 points they'd then need to overhaul us from their last 4 games.

Also, good luck Leyton Orient picking up more than 4 points from their last 4 games with their run-in.

That would leave all of the other 5 teams below us needing to overhaul us to send us down. Won't happen. Rest easy people.

Pretty much agree with this. Crawley and Notts play each other at the weekend which is a big help.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Thing is if we lost to both Crawley and Crewe they would have a very good chance of finishing on higher than 51 points, Port Vale and Scunthorpe will finish on 51 or higher imo, agreed that Colchester won't finish higher than 51. Then you looking at just Orient an notts hoping they don't get 4 points from there final 4 games.

We only need one draw from either Crawley/Crewe match to make it safe now, the most important thing is it takes 2 points away from them.

It's possible 51 will be enough but my gut instinct says it won't be

Skyblueweeman

I don't get all the certainty of us staying up. We're only 4 points above the relegation zone and some teams have a game in hand. In this league, it really doesn't matter who you're playing as results can go either way....Yeovil beating Sheff Utd for example last night.

It only takes us losing all our games, which is very, very plausible and a couple of those teams to pick up 4 points and we're gone.

I reckon I'm one of only a few that thinks this one's going to the wire.

Normally I'm one of the more 'glass half full' ones on here....

LJC_CCFC

We are actually playing well and picking up points, hence why people are confident. We could quite easily pick up 6 points from the last 2 games. At the very least we will beat one of Crewe and Crawley.

Monners

I don't get all the certainty of us staying up. We're only 4 points above the relegation zone and some teams have a game in hand. In this league, it really doesn't matter who you're playing as results can go either way....Yeovil beating Sheff Utd for example last night.

It only takes us losing all our games, which is very, very plausible and a couple of those teams to pick up 4 points and we're gone.

I had a similar feeling last night before the equalise. The 4 point gap takes out the games in hand (and Crawley have to play Notts as well as us)

I my view a point is likely to be enough, but beat Crewe or Crawley and we are ok. A glass half full post if ever there was one!

Ranjit Bhurpa

Totally agree with this.
In all likelihood we will get nothing at Bristol. Teams around and below us with games in hand and an easier Saturday fixture than Bristol away will gain points on us, meaning the Crewe game takes on a greater significance. I think another win will keep us up, but Crewe will be a difficult game. Remember a league game against them years ago when we had something like 30 shots, Clayton Ince played a blinder for them and we lost 1-0. Hope it's not deja vu, but 'City' and 'should' do not normally go together.

Noggin

If we lose all 3 then I don't think 51 points will be enough and we'll be relegated. I don't think we will lose all 3 though 2-4 points seems reasonable and that will very easily be safe.

chiefdave

If we lose all 3 then I don't think 51 points will be enough and we'll be relegated. I don't think we will lose all 3 though 2-4 points seems reasonable and that will very easily be safe.

Saturday will I think largely depend on if Bristol are concentrating more on the match or celebrating but we can surely pick up at least 2 points from the last 2 games. My worst case scenario is the last game being winner stays up.

Skyblueweeman

We could quite easily pick up 6 points from the last 2 games. At the very least we will beat one of Crewe and Crawley.

And we could easily pick up 0 points from the last 2 games. To say we'll easily beat one of Crewe and Crawley is also dangerous. Imagine reading that on one of their forums...we'll beat Coventry.

My own opinion is that ChiefDaves worst case scenario will ring true. Winner stays up last game of the season.

I wish I shared everyone elses optimism!

Skyblueweeman

Saturday will I think largely depend on if Bristol are concentrating more on the match or celebrating but we can surely pick up at least 2 points from the last 2 games. My worst case scenario is the last game being winner stays up.

I think Brizzle will be full throttle until the end of the season. They'll be gunning for 100 points, no doubt.

I reckon we'll ship a few on Saturday...

duffer

I still think that we'll go to Crawley with a mathematical chance of relegation - but that it would take a remarkable set of results on the last day for it to happen, and therefore we'll end up safe.

Being Coventry we won't do this the easy way, we have to have something to worry about on the last day. :)

LJC_CCFC

And we could easily pick up 0 points from the last 2 games. To say we'll easily beat one of Crewe and Crawley is also dangerous. Imagine reading that on one of their forums...we'll beat Coventry.

My own opinion is that ChiefDaves worst case scenario will ring true. Winner stays up last game of the season.

I wish I shared everyone elses optimism!

Yes. However given recent form and performances we would go into both games as favourites.

I think Brizzle will be full throttle until the end of the season. They'll be gunning for 100 points, no doubt.

I reckon we'll ship a few on Saturday...

Similar scenario to Wolves last season - thought they were going to thrash us to win the league, then we drew 1-1. Actually put £5 on us to go down at 80-1 before that game as "relegation insurance"!

smileycov

Facebook User
I still think that we'll go to Crawley with a mathematical chance of relegation - but that it would take a remarkable set of results on the last day for it to happen, and therefore we'll end up safe.

Being Coventry we won't do this the easy way, we have to have something to worry about on the last day. :)

This is exactly what happened prior to Charlton, we needed 4/5 results to go against us to send us down. Leicester hitting the post in the last minute is all that saved us!!

Noggin

Agreed, it shouldn't happen, I don't think it will happen but it easily could.

Users who are viewing this thread