***Relegation Thread*** (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 4439

No, need a point, since Leyton are only 5 points behind and with same GD.

hill83

Good results all round. Let's not fuck it up Saturday and I can focus on getting that champions league badge on my arm finished.

torchomatic

A draw and we're ok. It needs us to lose and LO and NC to win both of theirs. Ain't gonna happen. I know we're not mathematically safe but after tonight I feel a lot better.

SkyBlue_Bear83

So as it stands we need to lose remaining games and teams below must win both?

If you assume we lose both games then Crawley will overtake us, assume Port Vale will get the one point they need to overtake us. That leaves Colchester, Notts County, Leyton Orient, Crewe and Coventry fighting for 3 relegation spaces. So we need to be in the top 2 of the 'league' of 5 of which we currently sit top, so we would need to be overtaken by two teams to drop into the relegation places. Colchester must get 9 points to overtake us, Notts County and Leyton Orient will need 6 points to finish ahead of us and Crewe will need 1 point from one game to finish ahead of us.

So if 2 of the 5 teams get the required points that would send us 4th from bottom, so only one of the 3 teams (Colchester, County and Leyton Orient) will NEED to win all of there remaining fixtures and a then a point for Crewe in there final game will be enough to send us down, if Crewe lose on the last day then that means two of those 3 teams will need to win all of there remaining fixtures.

This is all assuming we lose both matches and Port Vale get one point from the final 2 matches.

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

A draw and we're ok. It needs us to lose and LO and NC to win both of theirs. Ain't gonna happen. I know we're not mathematically safe but after tonight I feel a lot better.

Not quite, only one of them need to win both matches if Crewe get the required point to overtake us in there final game.

Assuming we lose both matches and Port Vale get 1 point from the final two matches.

LJC_CCFC

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-21 at 21.47.32.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-04-21 at 21.47.32.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 99

colin101

If you assume we lose both games then Crawley will overtake us, assume Port Vale will get the one point they need to overtake us. That leaves Colchester, Notts County, Leyton Orient, Crewe and Coventry fighting for 3 relegation spaces. So we need to be in the top 2 of the 'league' of 5 of which we currently sit top, so we would need to be overtaken by two teams to drop into the relegation places. Colchester must get 9 points to overtake us, Notts County and Leyton Orient will need 6 points to finish ahead of us and Crewe will need 1 point from one game to finish ahead of us.

So if 2 of the 5 teams get the required points that would send us 4th from bottom, so only one of the 3 teams (Colchester, County and Leyton Orient) will NEED to win all of there remaining fixtures and a then a point for Crewe in there final game will be enough to send us down, if Crewe lose on the last day then that means two of those 3 teams will need to win all of there remaining fixtures.

This is all assuming we lose both matches.

Thanks for this, after reading I am clear as mud :whistle:

BackRoomRummermill

leyton have same GD so if we get a point that leaves us on 53 and they if they win both on 53 also. They would be ahead of us on GD

We need to win Saturday to be sure

SkyBlue_Bear83

Thanks for this, after reading I am clear as mud :whistle:

Basically only one of the teams inside the relegation zone need to overtake us if teams who are outside of the relegation but currently below also overtake us.

So only one of Notts County, Leyton Orient or Colchester need to win all there remaining fixture if Crewe, Crawley and Port Vale all also overtake us.

Johnnythespider

Basically only one of the teams inside the relegation zone need to overtake us if teams who are outside of the relegation but currently below also overtake us.

So only one of Notts County, Leyton Orient or Colchester need to win all there remaining fixture if Crewe, Crawley and Port Vale all also overtake us.
More chance of me winning the euro lottery than one of those three winning all their remaining fixtures.

Otis

Crewe can only overtake us if they beat us. If they draw they can't catch us, no matter what happens in the last game.

bradwellskyblues

We are safe county at gillingham and orient play blades and I think we will win on Saturday,now it's over to sisu to secure Mowbray and start to move forward

Silsden

A draw at Crewe sees us safe, as Crewe cannot catch our goal difference and its very unlikely Notts County will make up 7 goals difference on us in the last 2 games

Gazolba

The bottom line is if we finish in the bottom four, we deserve to be relegated. I cannot see it happening and I'm pessimistic by nature.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Crewe can only overtake us if they beat us. If they draw they can't catch us, no matter what happens in the last game.

Yep the original post I was replying too was asking if we lose both of our games would 52 points be enough so I was working under the assumption Crewe would beat us and several scenarios if we finished on 52. I think 52 will be enough now myself but not 100% definitely

Users who are viewing this thread