***Relegation Thread*** (1 Viewer)

LJC_CCFC

Thread to update the ever changing situation down at the bottom (and to vent frustrations, worries and general expletive based comments).

LJC_CCFC

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-03 at 16.54.44.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-04-03 at 16.54.44.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 623

Otis

Not a bad set of results today, could have done with Scunthorpe not winning. Big game on Monday now

Yep. More than happy enough with that today.

Keeps Crawley and Notts County down there and Crewe in the mix too, who have the worst goal difference of the lot (apart from Yeovil).

Philosorapter

Minimum two wins from the last six, cant see this being much of a problem

Otis

Yep. More than happy enough with that today.

Keeps Crawley and Notts County down there and Crewe in the mix too, who have the worst goal difference of the lot (apart from Yeovil).

Monday:

Chesterfield v Crewe (tough one for Crewe there. Chesterfield very much in the play-off positions)

Crawley v Oldham (Oldham just drew with Bristol City)

Orient v Gillingham (Fancy Orient in this one to be honest)

Notts County v City (A draw would be fine I think. A City win and we will be well clear)

Sky Blue Harry H

Port Vale dropping into it too - was hoping they would have picked up something, just to nail down Colchester at the bottom. I'm off to review Walsall v Notts County, to see if Notts County have picked up any injuries, suspensions (how sad is that?!)

LJC_CCFC

Monday:

Chesterfield v Crewe (tough one for Crewe there. Chesterfield very much in the play-off positions)

Crawley v Oldham (Oldham just drew with Bristol City)

Orient v Gillingham (Fancy Orient in this one to be honest)

Notts County v City (A draw would be fine I think. A City win and we will be well clear)

Considering we battered a then in-form County at home (with SP at the helm), only to lose the game 1-0 in Orient esque fashion, this should be a walk in the park...:rolleyes:

Otis

Port Vale dropping into it too - was hoping they would have picked up something, just to nail down Colchester at the bottom. I'm off to review Walsall v Notts County, to see if Notts County have picked up any injuries, suspensions (how sad is that?!)

I just noticed that Crewe only had one shot on target today.

Sound familiar?

skybluedan

Whats even sadder is I wait for your report....... Hurry up

stupot07

Looks like we may need 52/53 points for safety. It's going to be the highest total for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

Wouldn't say we'd be clear, can't see us winning at home!

I mean of Notts County. We would be 5 points clear.

Dependent on other results, we could look a lot more comfortable with the 3 points in the bag.

Gazolba

Could not have been luckier with the results today. Two draws in six-pointers. I still think it will be a big struggle to stay up. A lot hinges on the Notts Co result. I cannot see where our goals are going to come from. Someone needs to step up to be our saviour. Maddison?

Sky Blue Harry H

Whats even sadder is I wait for your report....... Hurry up

Sorry Dan - Just logged back on - no bookings nor anything particularly exciting happened. No obvious injuries (though these always seem to appear a day or two later). Alan Smith, the old Man U and Leeds player on the bench for N County, so I expect we'll see him kicking the likes of Maddison or anybody else in a sky blue shirt on Monday. Roy Carroll in goal for them. Hoping Paddy McCourt is out for them,one of their very few decent players.

no_loyalty

Our recent record against Notts County is not great, I really hope the boys can do the business on Monday

Otis

Our recent record against Notts County is not great, I really hope the boys can do the business on Monday

Not great at all at Meadow Lane. :(

I know we haven't played them that often over the years, but our last win away there was 1963.

Since then it's been 5-1, 2-1, 1-0, 2-2, 3-0.

LJC_CCFC

What I am personally worried about is the reborn goalscoring machine that is Billy Daniels. Since we let him go he's been on fire, scoring here, there and everywhere. Oh how we could use the future 2018/2019 Barclays Premier League player of the year right now!

Otis

What I am personally worried about is the reborn goalscoring machine that is Billy Daniels. Since we let him go he's been on fire, scoring here, there and everywhere. Oh how we could use the future 2018/2019 Barclays Premier League player of the year right now!

I miss him and his lovely sidekick, Debbie McGee.

Otis

Have to say, after the Orient game I was a little concerned, but after yesterday's set of results, I feel quite a bit more confident about our predicament.

If we just take Monday's game in isolation, it has now become totally a must win situation for Notts County. Of that there is no doubt. They are at home and they need to win.

A draw for them will still leave them entrenched in the bottom 4, whatever the results are elsewhere. I think this suits us perfectly. I think we are best when we are on the counter attack and we have more space on breakaways.

Obviously a win for us would be the ideal scenario, but looking at the league table, a draw would keep us out of the bottom 4, whatever happens in the other games. A draw and we will definitely still be out of the bottom 4 come Monday evening and with Colchester at home on Saturday to come, we have to believe that, that game gives us the opportunity to nab the 3 points and pull us further clear.

I think the fact that we now know a draw will keep us out of the bottom 4, takes a degree of pressure off us going into Monday's round of matches.

And because a draw is all that is needed to keep us out of the relegation places, that now makes me more confident of us taking all 3 points from this fixture.

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

Have to say, after the Orient game I was a little concerned, but after yesterday's set of results, I feel quite a bit more confident about our predicament.

If we just take Monday's game in isolation, it has now become totally a must win situation for Notts County. Of that there is no doubt. They are at home and they need to win.

A draw for them will still leave them entrenched in the bottom 4, whatever the results are elsewhere. I think this suits us perfectly. I think we are best when we are on the counter attack and we have more space on breakaways.

Obviously a win for us would be the ideal scenario, but looking at the league table, a draw would keep us out of the bottom 4, whatever happens in the other games. A draw and we will definitely still be out of the bottom 4 come Monday evening and with Colchester at home on Saturday to come, we have to believe that, that game gives us the opportunity to nab the 3 points and pull us further clear.

I think the fact that we now know a draw will keep us out of the bottom 4, takes a degree of pressure off us going into Monday's round of matches.

And because a draw is all that is needed to keep us out of the relegation places, that now makes me more confident of us taking all 3 points from this fixture.

A loss wouldn't be the end of the matter but for me this game is more of a must not lose match than the Leyton Orient match was

Users who are viewing this thread