***Relegation Thread*** (4 Viewers)

Grendel

A draw against Crewe should see us safe

torchomatic

The good thing at the moment is that it's all in our own hands. It's up to us to get out of it, we don't have to (at the moment!) rely on other results. I've been confident for a while that we won't go down.

LJC_CCFC

Means nothing mate. That's why bookies are a lot richer than you and I!

Yeah.

Just this is the reason for the confidence. TM was quoted as saying last night was the best performance since he's been here, so there is progression.

People are confident about our safety, because of the form and increase in level of performance. Plus the fact Crewe and Crawley aren't much kop.

By saying "oh well anything could happen" defeats the purpose of anyone giving their judgement/opinion on our chances of survival.

Last edited:

Esoterica

Well if Preston aren't winning on Saturday, maybe we can just knock it about for a 76'/'77 style 2-2 draw again. Good point for us and enough for Bristol to win the league!

WestEndAgro

We won't go down, no more points in the last three games will still see us safe, their are way too many poor sides already below us.

skybluelee

Thing is if we lost to both Crawley and Crewe they would have a very good chance of finishing on higher than 51 points, Port Vale and Scunthorpe will finish on 51 or higher imo, agreed that Colchester won't finish higher than 51. Then you looking at just Orient an notts hoping they don't get 4 points from there final 4 games.

We only need one draw from either Crawley/Crewe match to make it safe now, the most important thing is it takes 2 points away from them.

It's possible 51 will be enough but my gut instinct says it won't be

Unlikely that we'll lose to both Crewe and Crawley. Our form is good under Mowbary. Agree that IF we did lose both it would be squeaky bum time. But we won't.

Speedies_Chips

Well if Preston aren't winning on Saturday, maybe we can just knock it about for a 76'/'77 style 2-2 draw again. Good point for us and enough for Bristol to win the league!

That would be good. And if Sunderland get relegated from the Prem (please!), then it will be our fault again !!! :)

LJC_CCFC

Preston currently beating Port Vale 2-1, with Richard Duffy doing us a favour by giving away a pen and getting sent off.

Last edited:

Johhny Blue

I still think that we'll go to Crawley with a mathematical chance of relegation - but that it would take a remarkable set of results on the last day for it to happen, and therefore we'll end up safe.

Being Coventry we won't do this the easy way, we have to have something to worry about on the last day. :)

aaaah the good ol' days when every season was like that

Otis

Bristol now champions in all but name.

9 points clear with only Preston able to catch them and Preston are 9 points behind with 3 games left.

Preston would have to win all 3 games and Bristol lose all 3 games and there would have to be a big swing in goal difference too (Bristol +50, Preston +35).

Bristol ARE champions.

stupot07

Last of the big spenders I put 50p on the draw when PNE were one nil up. £3 in the bag! I won't spend it all at once!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Gazolba

Bristol now champions in all but name.

9 points clear with only Preston able to catch them and Preston are 9 points behind with 3 games left.

Preston would have to win all 3 games and Bristol lose all 3 games and there would have to be a big swing in goal difference too (Bristol +50, Preston +35).

Bristol ARE champions.

All it takes is three 5-0 defeats, starting with us on Saturday!

Otis

Most definitely.

No pressure at all on us next week against Crewe and therefore we can play with a bit of freedom and flair.

Gazolba

While not mathematically safe, I believe we will stay up now. Now the big question is who will manage us next season and what will the team look like. I think the team will look entirely different next season - and maybe not in a good way.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Most definitely.

No pressure at all on us next week against Crewe and therefore we can play with a bit of freedom and flair.

Wouldn't say no pressure, we're in a position now where a draw is a good result for us as it means Crewe can't finish ahead of us.

I think if Notts County and Leyton Orient lose Tuesday I will be declaring us safe, if one of them wins we probably need a point from Crewe match to confirm it.

Otis

Wouldn't say no pressure, we're in a position now where a draw is a good result for us as it means Crewe can't finish ahead of us.

I think if Notts County and Leyton Orient lose Tuesday I will be declaring us safe, if one of them wins we probably need a point from Crewe match to confirm it.

They could of course pick up points, but I am certainly not expecting it, with County v Preston and Orient away at Rochdale. You also have to wonder just how much that 6-1 defeat may have taken out of Orient.

SkyBlue_Bear83

They could of course pick up points, but I am certainly not expecting it, with County v Preston and Orient away at Rochdale. You also have to wonder just how much that 6-1 defeat may have taken out of Orient.
I'm not expecting it either, but it could happen. If they lose I'll be declaring safety.

Otis

I'm not expecting it either, but it could happen. If they lose I'll be declaring safety.

If Orient manage to get the points they need out of Rochdale away and then Sheff Utd at home, and Swindon away, then I take my hat off to them and they deserve to stay up.

speedie87

Port vale and scunthorpe would just need a point from 2 &3 games respectively.

Crawley just have to beat us.
Crewe beat us and and draw their other game.

And leyton orient or notts county win 2 from 4

I'm hoping we'll get at least another point but if we didn't not sure we've got enough already.

Johnnythespider

Port vale and scunthorpe would just need a point from 2 &3 games respectively.

Crawley just have to beat us.
Crewe beat us and and draw their other game.

And leyton orient or notts county win 2 from 4

I'm hoping we'll get at least another point but if we didn't not sure we've got enough already.
Orient and County only have 3 games left

LJC_CCFC

52 - NO TEAM RELEGATED WITH THIS TOTAL Predicted Safety 2015 Coventry City(44), Scunthorpe United(43)
51 - Safety 2010, 2013 Port Vale(44)
50 - Safety 2012, 2014 Crawley Town(44)
49 - Crewe Alexandra(44)
48 - Safety 2011
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
47 - Leyton Orient(43), Notts County(43)
46 -
45 - Colchester United(43)
44 -
43 -
43 -
42 -
41 -
40 - Yeovil Town, RELEGATED(44)

Forthcoming fixtures:

16th Coventry(44) - 52 points. Crewe(H), Crawley(A)
17th Scunthorpe(43) - 52 points. Bradford(H), Gillingham(H), Doncaster(A)
18th Port Vale(44) - 51 points. Yeovil(A), Fleetwood(H)
19th Crawley(44) - 50 points. Peterborough(A), Coventry(H)
20th Crewe(44) - 49 points. Coventry(A), Bradford(H)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
21st Leyton Orient(43) - 47 points. Rochdale(A), Sheff U(H), Swindon(A)
22nd Notts County(43) - 47 points. Preston(H), Doncaster(H), Gillingham(A)
23rd Colchester(43) - 45 points. Fleetwood(A), Swindon(H), Preston(H)
24th Yeovil(44) - 39 points. Port Vale(H), MK Dons(A)

Otis

52 - NO TEAM RELEGATED WITH THIS TOTAL Predicted Safety 2015 Coventry City(44), Scunthorpe United(43)
49 - Crewe Alexandra(44)
48 - Safety 2011
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
46 -
44 -
43 -
43 -
42 -
41 -

Forthcoming fixtures:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why on earth didn't you post this before, you plum!!!

Would have stopped every argument dead in its tracks.

D

Deleted member 4439

49 - Crewe Alexandra(44)
48 - Safety 2011
46 -
44 -
43 -
43 -
42 -
41 -

Forthcoming fixtures:

The only really undecided factor in the promotion stakes is the third place for auto promotion (and which affects just the one game, Notts vs Preston). The rest of the teams not in the relegation zone have nothing to play for. I think it could be therefore argued that we have the most difficult run-in.

Users who are viewing this thread